Emotions the product of linguistics, or inherent to humanity

Hey Anons, I am curious of the evolution of emotion, and how linguistics correspond. Any good literature (by good, I mean anything without the word "Chomsky" on the cover). General discussion please. Godda go suck a cock.

Other urls found in this thread:

scientificamerican.com/article/monkey-see-monkey-speak-video/
seeker.com/monkey-creates-6-word-language-1769782430.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linguistic_determinism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

my diary desu

Monkeys have emotions, my nigger. Do they have languages?

>Do they have languages?
funny that it was the monkeys you would mention, because yes, they do

Beyond the 4 basic emotions, user.

scientificamerican.com/article/monkey-see-monkey-speak-video/

seeker.com/monkey-creates-6-word-language-1769782430.html

Don't worry, I got you covered pham

Thanks based-user.

It seems to on the first glance, but I personally think not.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linguistic_determinism

Can one argue that all our emotions come from a mix our four base emotions?

Thoughts, emotions and all that stuff shape language, not vice versa.

Are all emotions derived from pain and pleasure?

If an immortal robot could be conscious, could it experience emotions?

The energy and velocity of logic?

Emotion is results of fast and various competing computations whos truth values cannot be accurately proven in the given immediacy of time which results in bursts of activity which do not necessarily have any singular simple objective defined essence?

Emotion is the action of intuition unanalyzed in realtime?

Emotion is being?

Emotion is thought not thinking?

What does the E in Emotion stand for? Electrical? Energy?

>Are all emotions derived of pain and pleasure

I don't think so. If they were then they would be possible to express on a spectrum. But sad is neither more pleasurable nor painful than sad is but rather is tuned to different stimulus in order to evoke a more effective response.

I meant mad and sad.

This is a naive interpretation, especially when something can be both painful and pleasurable at the same time I see no reason to believe that a spectrum is a logical extension.

Emotions are inherent to humanity. So is language. We have language that describes emotion because we needed the words to describe them.

With that said, I do think that language (and society and all sorts of other things) influence(s) how we perceive and understand emotions.

Wow we got a deep thinker here

Also by extention Slavoj Zizek.

Relating to what you said,
What I meant was,

Could all sadness, and madness, ultimately be related to pain and pleasure in some way?

Sad because desire pleasure, or lack of pleasure elsewhere, or feeling pain

is sad a type of pain

Mad, same reasons?

Yes in fact, I know exactly the book.

Look up "Paleolinguistics: The Evolution of the Preliterate Imagination."

emotions definitely predate language, the limbic system arose early in mammalian evolution

one day old human infants make physical micro-movements in association with specific patterns of speech and sound[1]; to me this suggests that perhaps some form of dance most likely preceded spoken language and that dance and gesture, not speech, could have been the bridge that humans passed over when we acquired our facility with symbols and signs

[1] Condon, W.S. & Sander, L.W. (1974) Neonate movement is synchronized with adult speech: interactional participation and language acquisition