Strictly speaking, is ketchup necessary with cheese-bacon-jalapeno fries?

Strictly speaking, is ketchup necessary with cheese-bacon-jalapeno fries?

strictly speaking, ketchup is never necessary on fries. So no.

>pickled jalapenos

>pickled jalapenos
please explain what's bad about pickled vegetables/ mushrooms/ whatever

In your situation OP, ketchup doesnt hurt.

Ranch is a better choice, but not a thick ranch like Kraft or Hidden Valley from a bottle, but the kind made from a packet and a thin dairy/fat mixture.

some pickled vegetables are ok. pickled onions for example have their uses. But pickling jalapenos just takes out all of their good flavor and heat and leaves you with some vaguely spicy vinegar taste.

By that logic, fermented hot sauces suck, too, but they don't, because a vinegar and chilie combination always makes food a good condiment.

But that vinegar taste goes great with fries.

Ketchup belongs in the trash next to mayo

Then if I wanted a vinegar flavor on my fries I'd put some damn hot sauce on them. If you're going to put jalapenos on fries, then make them real jalapenos that have their whole flavor and heat.

>pickled onions
what? never even heard of those. except for those tiny "silver onions", as we call them over here

Ketchup and mayonnaise are versatile ingredients/condiments, as long as they're used correctly. Ketchup in a glaze for meatloaf? Good. Ketchup as a sauce for spaghetti? Bad. Mayonnaise as your fat when making cornbread? Good. Mayonnaise on, actually, I can't really think of a common use of mayonnaise that isn't good. Mayonnaise, especially homemade mayonnaise, is a great substitute for whatever fat you were going to use in any dish. It's also great on basically any meat or sandwich, especially when you start combining it with things like mustard and horseradish. Fuck you.

Pickled onions are good with strong meat flavors, like barbecue or liver.

That looks disgusting, THIS is how you're supposed to eat fries.

>ketchup on fries
there are a thousand things that go better with them

That looks disgusting. THIS is how your supposed to eat fries.

i really need to drive to the netherlands again some time soon

What is that? Onion, mayo I'm guessing, and.. I don't know what the red stuff is.

Curry sauce. Remia is the superior brand.

california.jpg

Why would you put bacon with fries?

>vinegar tastes bad

>unmelted cheese
you had one job user

I honesty think about 99% IF NOT 100% of all restaurants use pickled jalapenos. The only place I've been to that used fresh jalapenos was when Wendy's did their ghost pepper fries.

>Ketchup belongs in the trash
Yes
>next to mayo
Wrong

Condiments are almost by definition not necessary.

>not using a mix of ketchup and molasses as a bass for meatloaf glaze

>speciaal
>not kapsalon

Doing it wrong.

as an american I am unable to detect any flavors, so yes.

>they don't like ketchup

look at them and laugh