There is only one race - the human race

>There is only one race - the human race

Explain.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_(human_categorization)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Does the white girl have puffy, perky tits as well?

>b-but they look different on the outside guys

By definition, all humans belong to the same race.

You see, science is a very powerful tool, but it has a gruesome heart-breaking weakness of not being able to answer anything that is really important in life.

Religion and politics answers questions that are important in life and they have defined that all humans belong to the same race. The definition doesn't allow any scientific "fact" to alter this decision.

/thread

Richard Dawkins has said this before, race doesn't exist - but to say that subspecies in humans does not exist or that there is no biological basis for it is [insert condescending adjective here] wrong.

Where you genuinely looking for a proper answer here OP, or was this some sort of bait for /pol/?

Homosapien is a subspepcies of hominid you idiot. Jesus christ what is happening to millenials in school?

It's just not a very useful distinction when it comes to humans.

>Jesus christ what is happening to millenials in school?
Taxomony isn't taught at school, but the differentiation on biological basis still stands (even if it's by a different name).

Hominid isn't a species... It's a family

>there's only one race, the human race.
That is not true.
Happy now OP?

I hope so. How do you propose we gather experimental data to investigate?

Taxonomic ranks are largely arbitrary and race isn't even a taxonomic rank or a very useful term.
Species at least has the benefit of having decent categories most of the time.

You'd also have to consider what the actual genetic difference between your two subspecies is, as well as the genetic difference between your two proposed subspecies populations because humans are pretty genetically bottlenecked.

Uh... we'll have a female "scientist" observe them in order to gather data.

Different species would require divergent evolution. Humans all share genes with less than 10,000 humans that survived the Toba Catastrophe 75,000 years ago.

Evolutionary divergence requires more time than 75k years. Also the fact that all human races can successfully breed with each other mean we have not diverged.

Traditional definition of subspecies are largely conventional and a bit arbitrary. We know for certain phylogenetically how similar humans from different races are and that for certain there's no breeding barrier whatsoever. To say blacks and whites are different subspecies or not is meaningless because it clearly depends on an arbitrary definition of subspecies. Not to mention the idea of races is sociological in nature, not biological.
Besides humans being humans are way more capable of differentiating other humans than animals. Each individual tiger can be quite distinct yet to our eyes they all look the same.

Why do we have this thread every day? Why does the new generation have such a boner for races?

Same species. Different races.

PewdiePie redpilled them.

I've got an instrument riiight here to test her with if you know what I mean

What did he mean by this?

>not even engaging
There is literally no mechanism whereby it makes sense to say race is no real.

t. virginologist

>all humans belong to the same race
>because I define race to mean all humans
Oh, fuck off. That's complete and utter horse shit. You realize that even a cursory empirical observation will reveal that humans have evolved many region-specific traits that set one population apart from another. What you call it does not matter one bit.

read the thread next time

and you might want to read all the other threads we have had on this topic, they might be archived somewhere

>subspepcies

Stop assuming genders of scientists, fecal lord.

>evolutionary divergence requires more than 75k years
No it doesn't. East Asians split from Europeans more recently than that, and both populations manifest markedly different physical features. What do you suppose those are, just lots of similar looking babies being born by chance?

Why do otherwise scientifically educated individuals become such fucking retards whenever they feel like they're touching something politically sensitive? This is an anonymous imageboard, you are allowed to say the truth here.

Natural selection of threads. Race threads get hundreds of replies and get seen by more people, infecting them with the idea to make more race threads. The exponential growth of this behaviour means soon Veeky Forums will be nothing but race threads.

same species different races, u fag

Not him but you're the retard here, the threads topic and user's post is about divergence into a different species not phenotypical traits.

In trying catch yourself as smart you failed basic reading comprehension.

'homosapien' isn't a sub species. 'Homo' is genus and 'Sapiens' is a species. It seems like you're the one who needs to go back to school. Ironic how the one complaining about ignorance is often the most ignorant.

Race is just codeword for "sub-specie".

Go fuck yourself. How is race, a categorization tool of biology not science? Did i miss the biology course of humans not being biological beings? Get the fuck out of here with these leftist marxist jante theory shit of yours.

subspecies cannot interbreed successfully

by successfully, i mean have offspring capable of producing more viable offspring.

on the verge of becoming a subspecies, if spatial reconnection occurs, interbreeding with viable offspring is possible.

however an actual subspecies (due to something like a long term vicariance barrier, i.e. mountain range separating two frog populations) is not able to do this.

ipso facto, africans and nordic races are able to interbreed successfully.

we are not seperate subspecies - maybe if planes and boats werent invented? and give it a much longer time frame of separation? then yes it is possible. but as of now, no. we are the same fucking species.

you mad?

check your basic biology Veeky Forums

I'm not involved in this thread at all but wikipedia says this
>A common way to decide is that organisms belonging to different subspecies of the same species are capable of interbreeding and producing fertile offspring, but they do not usually interbreed in nature due to geographic isolation, sexual selection, or other factors. The differences between subspecies are usually less distinct than the differences between species.

>relying on wikipedia
>debating biology with a biologist

pick one

I'd fuck 'em both desu.

Oh, yeah, you're right, I forgot; biologists suck dick lol

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_(human_categorization)
yes, let's play with words like fucking retards we obviously are. gtfo. delet this

i have a theory that the only reason humans think other humans look so different is because we as people are PROGRAMMED to pick out those differences. We aren't programmed the same way to see differences in wildcats so they look the same to our monkey brains.

To a hypothetical neutral observer the tigers probably look more different from each other than the people do.

>ipso facto
you're using that wrong.

If certain races aren't biologically different, why do race specific disorders exist?

I'm Hungarian, a product of Mongol rape during the battle of mohi. The %.1 of Yakut in me has a specific genetic marker which gives me a 100% change of early death due to heart failure.

The white girl here sure is fuckable tho
>giant scarf
Didn't know they had hipsters in europia

just because something is the same for literally every animal ever doesnt mean its the same for humans

we are special because....

we are

because its something which science is obviously getting wrong

its like if we all learned gravity made things float upwards, everyone would be like wait that seems wrong

race is obviously a significant thing and when people say it isnt it makes peoples ears perk up

>inb4 hurr durr go back to pol race is a social construct

people listen to pol because you retards refuse to talk about these subjects

Are you saying the two tiger species in the pic are incapable of interbreeding? Sounds like bullshit to me.

>we are not seperate subspecies

yea those two tigers are completely different subspecies but a Nordic person with pale skin, light features, a long skull is 100% related to the negro with thick lips, dark skin, nappy hair and wide skull that evolved in a completely different environment ..... (((biology))) in a nutshell

I don't think there are words in the English language that can accurately describe my contempt for biologists. Like if you go into sciences at least get a real degree.

That looks like a really handsome monkey desu

I mean if we're being honest concepts like species and subspecies are completely arbitrary in the face of natural selection. It's just a way we classify organisms. Basically any minor genetic change within a population (visible or otherwise) could be defined as the creation of a new species.

There's no firm enough definition of species and subspecies to allow us to properly label ourselves, so the easy solution is just to lump all surviving hominids as one species. Genetically we're still nearly identical anyway, so why give people yet another excuse to decide who's a person and who isn't based on something as arbitrary as species?

No it doesn't you fucking retard
It's more dependent on how much the organism reproduces than a set time period for all organisms.

A subspecies are groups that can successfully breed together but are separated geographically and can't. An African tiger has no way in hell of walking clear to India to breed. If humans artificially bridge the gap sure, they'll successfully breed, but they don't and so not only do they contain morphological differences they're also separated geographically.

Humans have no such barriers and all our studies of DNA have proven that since the Toba Catastrophe all groups of humans have successfully interbred. No humans have been separated geographically since and any prior human lines that may have split are dead.

>Religion and politics answers questions that are important in life

I love how every single person who wastes their life to these threads are borderline retarded. Veeky Forums is worse than /b/, and you'd think people browsing this board would be atleast a little more smart.

Yes
Yes
And
Yes

Get used to it

when you shitpost you're not actually supposed to get asspained, you goober

Anyway

>this window will close in 3 seconds...