Why aren't you streaming yourself writing on twitch, Veeky Forums?

Why aren't you streaming yourself writing on twitch, Veeky Forums?
Be a part of a burgeoning cultural movement.

opendoorwriting is streaming live right now!
Check it out
twitch dot tv/opendoorwriting

These people are hard at work on their novels, how's yours coming along?

These people will be published before you, how does that make you feel?

Coming soon to a bookstore near you.

gud thred

Because I can't concentrate if people are looking over my shoulder

this is the only one in the thread who has nearly a shred of talent

Yeah he's cool. He's streaming live right now.

>38 hours to write 2k

wew lad

Which classic writer would you most like to watch a stream of them writing their own work, Veeky Forums?

I'd love to watch Joyce writing a chapter from Ulysses, one of the denser ones, just to see how he put it together.

No one watches these streams anyway.

>keep calm

Will this ever stop? It has been five years.

interesting thread op

for about 50 secs

probably Burroughs.

Mate its been a little longer than five years since 1939

Dont want to make you feel old or anything but...

No, I mean since the bastardisations.

>6.5 hours
>339 words
wtf

>people who organize their writing like a fucking programming project
To what purpose
How can there be art if you begin with so much preconcieved structure

plebdom is eternal

but 55 of them are unique!

Yeah, i was watching him for a bit and he's obsessed with unique words

I have no idea why he isn't just using a thesaurus if he is that obsessed with it. He sits there for ages trying to think of a word, and in all honesty it's just as poor as it was before he changed it a lot of the time.

Probably just be faster for him to just write his shit out and then edit it.

So, does any of them write anything but genre garbage?
I'd watch somebody attempt to write a philosophical treatise in real time, verbally explaining their thinking process, maybe even taking feedback

It's on twitch, so what do you think?

I'll do it

>I have no idea why he isn't just using a thesaurus if he is that obsessed with it.
He's determined not to use any words he wouldn't use himself, so a thesaurus would be cheating.
Sometimes he uses the built-in microsoft word thesaurus though.

Probably Bukowski because I think it would be entertaining as hell. Also DFW to see if he would like check a Thesaurus in the end of every sentence.

because they know deep down that what they're writing isn't special, and that it's just another cookie cutter fantasy / sci-fi novel, so they structure it like one in advance so they won't have to actually put effort into writing it.

But lots of writers write this way. It's actually pretty normal.

I doubt that would be very interesting. I would never watch one of those by anyone without a degree, but this is also the problem. If you watch someone like Kasparov going over chess moves he moves very quickly over most of the moves because he thinks it's extremely obvious why most of these moves are made. This is fine but it means you have to be already pretty good at chess to watch them. I feel it would be the same for this. They couldn't possibly give a detailed description of most of what they do because it would take far, far longer to do that than to actually write the paper. So they would only talk in depth about minute parts of the paper, and even then the level of philosophical knowledge required to follow those would need to be pretty great. And if your knowledge of the subject is that good already why are you watching the stream?

The idea itself is interesting but actually watching somebody writing? It'd be pretty boring.

If the 2k words are good, who cares whether it took 1h or 38h to write them beyond NaNoWriMo faggotory?

There is always structure and different people work around it with different ways, even if you start without it, you'll get to structuring your novel at the first rewriting, which will eat up more time. Do you really think people just write?

No a thesaurus wouldn't be cheating. If you've read at all you'll know a lot of words that are synonyms, you just can't fucking pull everything you know out your ass at will. Poor excuse.

>a stream where you watch someone write

What's the point in seeing the process if it's just someone typing,or occasionally looking something up or glancing at a dictionary or thesaurus?

The process to drawing/art is interesting because you get to see the stages a picture goes through and an artist's unique process.

Writing has no such interesting technique behind it. It's a dude sitting at a desk typing words.

You still would see interesting parts of the process like rewriting (when, how) and generally how they think. Just not enough interesting things per amount of time spent to justify watching that.

maybe if it was a mildly successful writer
who could actually write something interesting
and was engaging to watch and they talked about the process or the work or whatever
then yeah, i could see this being cool.

>maybe if it was a mildly successful writer
>who could actually write something interesting

Any writer worth their salt would never agree to something so gimmicky and navel-gazing.

>livestream drawing
>livestream writing

What fucking next? Watch stream of me cleaning toilets! Hold your breath while I go retrive a bucket and scrape that dired up vomit off the floor!

I didn't make up his bullshit arbitrary rules for writing. You go argue with him.

You get to see the stages of drafting and rewriting that they go through, it's just interminably slow and the writing is terrible.

I write short stories famalam

what program its that?

Scrivener overlaid with a bunch of bullship for streaming with.

>"people"

>using annotations to cover your double chin

>The idea itself is interesting but actually watching somebody writing? It'd be pretty boring.
That's been my general attitude about Twitch. When did watching other people play vidya become a thing? When I was a kid, and I was watching someone playing a video game, it was to tell them that it was my freaking turn to play the video game.

I'd like to have a go on her iykwim

oh please tell me she's writing on twitch. The idea of her getting these huge balloons to attract attention and still deluding herself that that's just an incidental quality of hers, and she's actually just a great writer and interesting person, while she in actually has degraded herself quite actively into nothing but a masturbation aid is hot as fuck.

No, she's a gamer according to my search engine.

10/10 would watch tttt

pointlessly self aware then.

>trends

twitch is real tv mass produced

this is the funniest post i've seen on Veeky Forums in years and the only funny post i've ever seen on Veeky Forums

have fun in the pokey

live right now, twitch writing is a thing.
twitch fancyschmancytv

Any cute writing girls?

How can someone be so ill-read as to type out shit like that in public?

Not even can become a creative genius but anyone can, you know, familiarise themselves with what good writing generally looks like.

The bastardizations have been going on a lot longer than 5 years bro.

Who cares whether you or some jerkoff critic finds it good or not? As long it sells or in this case attracts attention, it's good enough.

Besides, first drafts are bound to suck.