If evolution exists why haven't we observed any changes in humans?

If evolution exists why haven't we observed any changes in humans?

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/sci/thread/8678094/#q8678094
t5forums.com/forum/the-vs-sections/general-discussion/respect-threads/48059-joseph-newton-respect-thread
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0960982203002902
youtube.com/watch?v=TTOla3TyfqQ
news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/05/100513-science-genes-dna-evolution-tibet-blood-high-altitude/
the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/31821/title/Exercise-Alters-Epigenetics/
the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/32637/title/Lamarck-and-the-Missing-Lnc/
aeon.co/essays/on-epigenetics-we-need-both-darwin-s-and-lamarck-s-theories
the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/44873/title/RNA-Epigenetics/
the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/47568/title/More-than-40-New-Papers-on-Epigenetics-Published/
the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/31303/title/How-Longevity-Is-Passed-On/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epigenetics
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

An even better question: Why are apes still here?

>If evolution exists why haven't we observed any changes in humans?
There was a past thread I just attempted to find that actually did detail how humans are still evolving in a way. I remember one post there about the human eye being capable of seeing more fps I believe it was and if I'm not remembering wrong. I also made a few posts about the whole humans evolving, changing idea before on Veeky Forums and also in the last "bettering humanity" thread that had this concept and other great ideas
>boards.fireden.net/sci/thread/8678094/#q8678094
>Pic related and being Veeky Forums are the closest we can and will realistically get to advanced humanity/transhumanism, especially since pic related happened already in a way throughout humanities history. Borg-ing ourselves(mechanical transhumanism) and playing Tetris with genes (genetic engineering) still have a long way to go as well as problems and risks. A more Veeky Forums, human, and seeing what we can do with what we already have could do the job and can especially realistically be done now. Especially regular people just plain currently getting fitter.

I'll still try to see if i can find the other thread

And more info on the concept and Joe as well as what he can do in the series
>t5forums.com/forum/the-vs-sections/general-discussion/respect-threads/48059-joseph-newton-respect-thread

It's also pointed out in the series and even by Joseph himself that if normal people wanted to they could do what he does. There's even a character not tied to Joseph's clan that can pretty much do the same things.

There are many ways we are still evolving.
AIDS immunity is appearing

Here's an example of people that have mutated eyes that can see underwater.

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0960982203002902

I've seen this before. And it might have even been the very thread or post I was talking about. Thanks a bunch user

>why haven't we observed any changes
What do you mean by "we", Peasant?

We have observed changes in hominids in the fossil record. The two most important changes are the steady increase in cranial capacity and the steady increase in stature.

Ask not why they are "still" here, but why they are here. Apes and humans evolved from a common ancestor to all primates. They are here because their ancestors were able to survive. It's really that simple.

We have, they got paler and now they're getting browner.

We're getting older and taller.

because evolution takes literally thousands of years before you even see the changes it brings about. don't expect any x-men tomorrow. take a biology class

> If evolution exists why haven't we observed any changes in humans?

we have.

>why haven't we observed any changes in humans
Have you seen a non-African homo sapiens sapiens? They're lightyears ahead.

They barely are. With the exception of humans, the great apes are all endangered.

Another way humans are evolving is the olfactory receptor genes are some of the fastest changing loci. This is likely due to sexual selection, as odor plays a large part in mate selection.

Relevant
youtube.com/watch?v=TTOla3TyfqQ

More importantly, who was the first chimp to poof into a person from a thoughtless animal?
Or did a chimp squirt out a person and raise the child rather than discarding it as sick and diseased abomination?

if DNA is real then why do my parents still exist?

I've met people born without an appendix tho

are you retarded
nothing "poofed"
nothing is a "thoughtless" animal except really simplistic structures maybe

it's simply very minute changes over long periods of time, with different cultures and knowledge developing with it.

>Borg-ing ourselves(mechanical transhumanism) and playing Tetris with genes (genetic engineering) still have a long way to go as well as problems and risks

Already we are growing human organs in pigs, are making glowing trees to replace street lamps, and have the most basic cybernetic arms.

Transhumanism will become a reality sooner than you think.

news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/05/100513-science-genes-dna-evolution-tibet-blood-high-altitude/

People are becoming more attractive. Well, smart ones at least.

>"Transhumanism will become a reality sooner than you think" - every 19th century STEMtard

Hijacking thread to ask about why do some humans still have monkey jaws, mostly in darker skinned people?

You know, there faces are not flat, but rather their mouths protrude out.

Because evolution requires pressure so that the best genes survive. Humans have conquered nature, so they don't have to worry about predators and thus don't need a bigger brain or claws.
The only pressures are economic and social, that is, beggar schizos that die on winter and ugly asocial people that don't reproduce.
Also, evolution is not the same as adaptability. A kid that was practically born with a smartphone in his hand is better at technology than your grandpa, but his genes are the same. Humanity won't grow a sixth finger or have aspergers or mutated eyes "because it's better", but because the gene is dominant, radiation/polution or because those without those traits die (why would a five fingered human die and a six fingered one not? Today, both have the same opportunities to survive and reproduce).
Getting Veeky Forums won't change your genes and won't make your babies buff, having genes that increase muscle power and finding a compatible mate does.
If we believe /pol/, race mixing whites with blacks will make the general human darker and maybe stronger/more agile, but adn interactions make that shit unpredictable.
But I'm just a neet loser, so feel free to fuck my post in the ass.

If plate tectonics exist, why haven't weobserved any changes on the map?

Didn't find the thread but i guess it's ok
Thanks again user
>This is likely due to sexual selection, as odor plays a large part in mate selection.
And kek

>Also, evolution is not the same as adaptability.
I don't think anyone in this thread claimed that
>Getting Veeky Forums won't change your genes
Exercise causes small changes in epigenetics short term an there's compelling evidence that over the long term these repeated changes become more stable
>Evidence of such transient epigenetic changes is exciting, said Ling, but the changes didn’t last long: within a few more hours of the initial increases in gene expression, the muscle methylation and expression levels returned to baseline. This begs the question of whether the effects will eventually stabilize with regular exercise, she said. “If you exercise a lot and you make these epigenetic changes, you wouldn’t just change your [short-term] expression, but [in the] long-term, change your genome. And maybe you will be more protected from diabetes due to epigenetic change.”
>the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/31821/title/Exercise-Alters-Epigenetics/
These points about Lamark, epigenetics and evolution especially provide evidence for epigenetical long term changes;
>the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/32637/title/Lamarck-and-the-Missing-Lnc/
;and since those subjects are especially mentioned above I'll include Aeon's article on Darwin and Lamark
>aeon.co/essays/on-epigenetics-we-need-both-darwin-s-and-lamarck-s-theories
RNA Epigenetics
>the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/44873/title/RNA-Epigenetics/
And some more on epigenetics
>the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/47568/title/More-than-40-New-Papers-on-Epigenetics-Published/
>the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/31303/title/How-Longevity-Is-Passed-On/
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epigenetics
>and won't make your babies buff
Not really what I claimed either but exercise will. and getting/staying Veeky Forums certainly does favors healthwise for whatever children you have.
>(cont.)

HOMINIDS ARE NOT THE SAME AS PRIMATES WE JUST SHARE A COMMON GENETIC HERITAGE!!! AAAAAAAH

Underrated

>(cont.)
>If we believe /pol/, race mixing whites with blacks will make the general human darker and maybe stronger/more agile
You don't have to believe /pol/ to believe race mixing gives adavanages

>Transhumanism will become a reality sooner than you think.
D-delete this

Are blacks actually dumber on average? Is /pol/ actually right for once?

Because evolution doesn't exist/never happened.