Should I go through my novel and "trim the fat" as they say of all the flowery abuse of prose?

Should I go through my novel and "trim the fat" as they say of all the flowery abuse of prose?

yes, it should be half the original word count when you're done.

hm....

No fuck off Hemingway fags need to die you must make your novel more linguistically complex and nuanced it should be double the word count when your are done editing such is the modern world dont be a luddite

saved

editing is a meme. go as indulgent as you possibly can

3/3 of the meme trilogy authors do not "trim the fat" and they are the best voices in non oral tradition literature

>best voices
Holy....I want more.............

If it is your novel as you say, you must do what you must

prose is tryharding

when you say someone is blue they better be the color blue you fucking faggot

joyce is better than hemingay

I don't understand so am I doing it wrong or am I okay

>he doesn't write a skeleton draft free of prosaic observations and tangents at first to nail down the theme, plot, characters, pacing and structure down first
>he doesn't go back and thicken this up with neater prose, treating each scene as a descriptive essay

I do all that on the first go, how fucked am I

It's called pantsing, and it's a perfectly normal way to write. Some people prefer planning out every little thing beforehand, including little twists of prose, some prefer to write "from the seat of their pants".

I found when I write this way, women I share writing with absolutely love what I write, but men take it more analytically and philosophically. Am I a good writer by the sound of it?

Can you share an excerpt of an example of your writing as such?

I'm thinking about it.

if you are afraid to share your writing its because you subconsciously know its shit

I have self esteem issues when it comes to these things because I can't connect with other humans in a meaningful way but want some way to express myself, but can't connect with other people so it never feels like anything I produce will ever be good to others

Doesn't matter if it's good to others, man. It just matters that it's good

It comes out the way I intend it, which makes it good enough for me. I know you can't please everybody out there, but reception always forces me not to care. I haven't written anything in about three years because of it.

This is a little extreme. But shedding 20% of the novel wouldn't be out of the question.

Novels growing with editing are also not out of the question. Really it depends on the book.

You're user here. I'm conscious about my work also, but I've shared in advice threads before.

I'll make it a goal to share something on Veeky Forums some time

I had a different idea for my novel. It's too short and cold, so I thought about adding an adjective/adverb to every noun/verb. What you think?

And, fuck the rules.

Just make it something you like. If you read it and thing it's too flowery, then cut down on the flowers. If you like it, then leave it. Also, have good taste.

I plan out every tiny detail beforehand and then when I get to writing I barely follow it. What does that make me? Retarded?

Do you just think of better things in the moment?

yeah your retarded

lol just use m etapohores???

Yes. I don't like going into things blind, but when I'm in them, I feel more comfortable with the ideas that come to me in the moment.

NO!! LESS PLOT MORE PROSE.

DO YOU WANT TO BE A PLEB?

B-but muh unreliable narrator
>mfw It was actally green the whole time

>"hmm, I'm making a piece using the fundamental for communicating ideas and meaning to one another"
>"I know! Ill write it with the specific intention of being poorly communicated and harder to understand so I can stroke my own ego!"

*medium

>he doesnt write a draft in one medium and gets bored halfway through so he revises it in another
>he doesnt write in pencil over his drafts in pencil on the same sheets of paper youve had since 1915
>he doesnt start from the beginning every time he revises a draft
>his son doesnt go through his trash to edit and publish every little scrap he scribbled on