Bought some whale meat. no idea what to do with it. any ideas?

bought some whale meat. no idea what to do with it. any ideas?

stakes?? its a marsupial too after all

not steaks. smaller pieces. I figured with some mashed potatoes and veg but no idea how to season whale if at all. I've only eaten it once before and it was really tough and seemed old. this is fresh.

Since 99% of people including me never had it i can only recommend salt

kangaroo is pretty dark

>marsupial

I

What?

>I'm autistic and buy things on impulse

Lace it with cyanide so if nothing else at least you'll kill yourself.

>it cost $2

hardly breaking the bank. if I fuck it up I'll throw it away and go to mcdonalds.

If that one time I zoomed in on the tin of potted whale meat in Dishonored is any indication, they should go good with a tomato sauce. Perhaps something like Swiss steak?

how could this go wrong desu

I can't tell if you're serious or making fun of me.

What does whale taste like? Enlighten an american man who has never taste such interesting meats

kind of like beef, but more gamey. I'm thinking about trying a whale bolognese.

OP here. I kept it simple and just seasoned with salt and pepper, then quickly done in a pan with some mushrooms and green peppers. with rice and soy for dipping. really delicious. gamey beef with a really subtle fishy aftertaste - a bit like a tuna steak. much better than the leathery frozen stuff I had before.

literally the first time I have seen fresh whale in the supermarket here so I think it'll be a while before I have it again. minke whale isn't even endangered so there is no excuse not to deny yourself if you ever come across it.

Looks like zombie Jesus flesh

You want to get the flavour of that shit famalam. Season lightly with a little soy, cook sous vide at 60°c until the meat is tender (best guess is 8 or so hours), and finish in a pan, or slice thin and serve cold.
Alternatively marinate and tenderise manually before roasting till medium and then slice thin
How much did that cost by the way?
Best of luck, and let us know how it goes.

>加熱用

add heat to use (mostly used on re-heatable things, never seen it used on raw fucking meat

> くじら ミンク

minke whale; piked whale

>解凍

thawed

so I had that once in a sushi bar. it was served raw with a slice of garlic and some soy based tare. think of the meat the same way you would beef - big juicy mammal.

I've had whale a few times.

The only time it was good was ground up and put in a potato croquette (korokke in japanese). So I mash some taters, add in ground whale, season, shape, dredge in panko and deep fry.

what rarity?

post whale meat in pooper, OP

Big hole in head. Is pouch for baby.

user...