How do I stop getting depressed from reading about other people's successes...

how do I stop getting depressed from reading about other people's successes? I keep reading news stories about how homeless orphans and poor people go from brainlets to successful chad geniuses. How the fuck do they achieve godlike intellect when any normal person would have been traumatized by watching their parents murdered or mentally incapacitated by homelessness?

Makes me feel really inferior desu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AuqemytQ5QA
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Everyone will be dead in 100 years, even babies, so who cares.

You only hear about their success long after going through the hardships and beating them.

That shit doesn't happen overnight.

>Entire world population would be replaced in the next 100 years
Blows my mind desu

>I keep reading news stories about how homeless orphans and poor people go from brainlets to successful chad geniuses. How the fuck do they achieve godlike intellect when any normal person would have been traumatized by watching their parents murdered or mentally incapacitated by homelessness?

Links?

Stop reading about them and focus on your success. Look for something you could go into right now and excel at.

OP. Successful people like to craft rags to riches narratives for themselves, but it is rarely the case.

They will claim that they "grew up poor" and had to "work harder than everyone else". But they don't tell you that by poor they mean "my parent was a small business owner" and work harder means "my friends got cushy jobs through their parent's network, I actually had to earn something"

Their perspective is completely removed from the life of an average person, so when they tell their story it sounds fantastical and superhuman. But really they had advantages that you don't, and they fail to appreciate or understand those advantages.

It's like when you read about all of these "child geniuses", and you find out that really their parent have been grooming them from a young age.

>medicine doesnt ever get better

Don't hate the players hate the game.
youtu.be/AuqemytQ5QA

not the babies!

Medicine is a bit of a meme, it was hygiene and vaccinations that helped us the most, while we fucked up the dietary part
At least that's what I've been reading

Kys

The healthiest/luckiest people have been living for up to 100 to 120 for the last 100 years. They will not start living to 200 overnight. Rest assured, in 100 years almost anything human alive today will be dead.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

>I keep reading news stories about how homeless orphans and poor people go from brainlets to successful chad geniuses
outliers, obviously
don't forget that majority of them doesn't achieve anything and die from alcoholism and whatnot

The edge is strong with this one.

Only brainlets get mad at success because its their simian brain being ego maniacal again.

I dunno man I know some scientists who actually grew up poor. A friend of mine, who is a microbiologist, grew up poor while her dad was in prison for dealing drugs.

Meanwhile in reality, only dumb people adapt memes and terms like "brainlet" into their vocabulary to fill their never-ending thirst for meaningless labels that simplify reality for their tiny minds. See literally everyone on pol. And you.

start a project

do something of your own that feels fulfilling, even if its just like making a game or a youtube series or whatever else

if you dont do something you will always feel empty

Yes brainlet surely in your simian brain I attacked your ego thats why you made this butthurt rebuttal at my post.

You're just wrong, that's all there is to it. If anything, people who resent the success of others are more likely to be intelligent because they analyze success rather than blindly accepting it with buzzwords from self-help materials like "work ethic." A strong sense of justice, for example, could cause this resentment. Or being disadvantaged or depressed or any number of things. The bottom line though is that you're the idiot.

First stop reading the news, it's poison.
Second pick something you like and do something with that, like a project or read books or engage in a community.

Don't care about the mainstream news because it's all poison, just follow news that interests your.

>he doesn't know that Aubrey de Grey will make us live for thousands of years

Fuck you. We'll have cybernetics and mind upload. We'll live for centuries.

>tfw the brainlet of my family
>parents went to ivy leagues
>brother went to MIT
>cousins are at ivy leagues

I'm at a state school trying to get a master's in nuclear engineering

My only hope is to retake the GRE for a higher score, do a slamass job in grad school and get into somewhere nice for a PhD program.

I'm sure there are people who wish they could make it as far as I currently have, but I'm not satisfied.