ITT: Post your favorite book that you read this year

ITT: Post your favorite book that you read this year

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=stoner john williams
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

my diary desu

Bob Dylan's diary desu

Riddley Walker

Was significant pleased with this book.

Mrs. Dalloway
Crime and Punishment

My holy one.

Without any doubt, "London for Immigrant suckers"

Orlando or Dubliners, can't decide

you liked dubliners better

Absalom, Absalom was really great to me.

Franny and Zooey is such a comfy, nostalgic read, is there anything like it?

fukin stoner

Wat?

It is indeed comfy.

google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=stoner john williams

As a coherent whole I think I might have enjoyed Orlando slightly more but some of the individual stories in Dubliners are definitely the best I've ever read

Dr. Faustus by Mann

I came upon an Everyman's Library hardcover edition of this book a couple of weeks ago, and it has been sitting in my to-read pile ever since; is it really that good?

yes. my personal favorite of his work

Gravity's Rainbow, going away.

The Road Back by Erich Maria Remarque

Pretty good. Easy read, too.

This is on my list. I read Stoner over the summer and loved it.

Got me on the path to becoming a Veeky Forumsizen

there is no point to bait Veeky Forums

>tfw you recognize what is happening on the cover after reading the book.

Yeah, I understand that it's bait, but I genuinely enjoyed this book. Oh well.

you are regressing my boy

I would say it was one of the first novels I read that wasn't required for school and didn't have dragons or rocketships in it

Worth the read user? Is this crazy experimental Arno Schmidt or just normal experimental Arno Schmidt?

It's not that experimental, it's probably his easiest to read/enjoy without being too erudite.

Bump

That's the best book you read all year? Did you really like it, or was it a bad year for you? I liked the Bell Jar quite a bit, it definitely didn't stand out as brilliant though - Plath's talent is undeniably her poetry.

Here's my favourite book for the year so far, unsure of how widely read Jennings is, it's pretty hard to find her books even in Australia. Would definitely reccomend this to anybody though, it's quite brief, sort of a collection of prose-poetry sketches that are loosely connected in theme. It's about the married life of a woman in rural NSW. Very evocative.

American Psycho

did they really translate "Gelehrter" as "egghead"? lmao desu senpai

looks nice, what is it about?

I've read 10 or 12 books this year, so it's a bit difficult to choose, but I probably enjoyed pic related the most.

You haven't even read it

didn't read any

yes, absolutely

Because muh white trash bluecollar roots

What are some other white trash books? I'm the Australian equivalent of white trash and hillbilly apalachia culture stuff gets me goin'

So far I know Breece DJ Pancake

not him, but maybe some Richard Brautigan?

La Vie de Bohème
by Henri Murger