Grades 13 and 14, will this help?

With all the recent talk about how the general population is not well versed in important topics like science, the government has finally responded. Kinda...

I do wonder what effect this will have? Will Grade 13 and 14 be optional or mandatory? Will they be college level classes that can count for credits? Or will it be a completely 2 year delay on being able to get a diploma and then attend uni.

Well, either way I suppose the education level of everyone in the country will increase which is a good thing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2PcwpLRF-Go
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_Start_(program)
theatlantic.com/education/archive/2016/02/community-colleges-remedial-classes/471192/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They could stop teaching worthless crap in all the other grades instead.

can you link me to this article?

highschool is a joke anyways

quebec does it right with cegep, you get kids used to responsibility and give them more freedom

is thumbter handman an inside source?

Fake news article, no such thing on bbc

High school should end at 10th grade and kids should get associate's degrees in a particular subject for their final 2 years of HS.

>the general population is not well versed in important topics
the GenPop is not well-versed in anything

>Veeky Forums - political discussion

Also, the picture in the OP is fake news.

>fake news

Trump, it's time to go back to /pol/.

the article in the OP image doesn't exist

what else would you call it? Not-real news?

it's time for you to go back to queer.

Sure, sure. Whatever you say, Mr. President.

I heard there were some Shillary shills at /pol/ ready to be deported. So it's time for them to go back to mexico. and for you to go back to /pol/.

Can you link the article in the OP pic?

Can you link me to your tax returns?

If you can't link to the article, why are you going on an autistic tirade about how someone using the term "fake news" to describe a screenshot of an article that never existed belongs on /pol/?

God bless jacksfilms

>Dumb down everything in high school so that even stupid people who never study can pass
>Why are graduates so stupid? We need 2 more years!

dont argue with pol redirectors, they thrive on attention.

No one would tell you to go back to /pol/ if you weren't spouting dumb Trump memes all over the place

>EVERYTHING IS FAKE NEWS HURR DURR

This. I learned very little per year until high school. If schooling was done at a reasonable pace, you could have a bachelor's degree at the same age as graduating high school.

youtube.com/watch?v=2PcwpLRF-Go

Nice try.

What the hell are you talking about?

>people are legitimately falling for this fake news made by jacks film as a joke
goddam brainlets

sorry to break i up for ya, but this is a fake one. look up jacksfilm latest video

Is this like added grades, extended a child's education or is this just the same length of time as 12 grades but now chopped up into 14 parts instead of 12?

This has the potential to be a good idea. A large segment of the population doesn't need a university degree but do need something beyond high school similar to a technical school or community college.

I'm afraid however that it would just end up being another two years of government funded babysitting infested like high school with uncontrollable attention whores that have no real interest in learning. K-12 already has a very poor efficiency rating. K-14 would just be more of the same if the current system isn't corrected.

Found the hunk

I am against free college in general, but if they are going to this why not just make 2 years of community college free? i.e. Just let you take all the gen eds you would have to take anyway and then if you choose you can move on to university.

They should just have kids start kindergarten 2 years early

Isn't that called "Head Start", at least in the US?

Think the idea is for grades 13 and 14 to have a structure similar to that of high school. While it would be great if all children matured into adults by 18, for many even community college is too much responsibility for them to take on. Sad but true.

I say we should remove the twelfh grade entirely, make school only 11 grades.

>While it would be great if all children matured into adults by 18, for many even community college is too much responsibility for them to take on. Sad but true.

Apples usually don't fall far from the tree.
These days they're either staring at their phones or jonesing for their drug of distraction. Neither of these conditions are compatible with learning; neither are signs of intelligence.
Sad? It's beyond pathetic.

Agreed

us education system needs to stop pussyfooting around the fact that some students are not learning and are not trying to learn.

now the bar for education in the us is set so low that no one learns anything in the classroom (yet some still manage to not step over that bar)

Why don't they just get rid of summer vacation?

No idea, I'm from the US but I've never heard of it.
Personally, my parents put me into a private preschool from age 2 to 5. I think that having public education start earlier would greatly help kids, especially those with poor home environments.

I agree with this, although I think that it should be supplanted by a 2 week long break between each semester, and there should be a week long break between quarters within a semester. Schooling should also start at a younger age (say 3 or so) and school days should be from 8/9am to 4/5pm.

>Grades 13 and 14

You mean community college years 1 and 2? We had them since forever.

>Well, either way I suppose the education level of everyone in the country will increase which is a good thing.

Look at what happened when high school became mandatory. What once was middle school level was just dragged out 4 more years. Same thing will happen here.

Head Start is a program that starts handing out resources before birth and continues until kindergarten. You must be below the federal poverty line to enroll. If you don't live near poor people, you probably will never hear about it.

>2011 Head Start budget was $8.1 billion

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_Start_(program)

There is a school near by that does six weeks of class and then a two week break. Students who fall behind during the six weeks go to school during the break to catch up. It prevents students from falling an entire year behind while reducing the pressure on teachers to just pass them along.

>Thumbter Handman
:^)

>It prevents students from falling an entire year behind while reducing the pressure on teachers to just pass them along.

More like it prevents the non-retards from advancing further.

Why did we create a society that panders to the morons and not to the geniuses? Im mean, I would imagine the perfect utopia would where high IQ individuals live on the state's dime, And that money would come from what the retards produce, and those retards would be forced to do any physical labor our society needs.

The way high school in general is taught needs to be rapidly revamped. There is no reason why a course in high school takes double or quadruple the amount of time a course in college takes.

>There is no reason why a course in high school takes double or quadruple the amount of time a course in college takes.

Yes there is. As a society most of us accept the fact that when are underage we socialize the most. So we make things so that lower education leaves a lot of free time. You wouldn't understand because no one has ever liked you, but most of us understand this small fact that explains everything.

Any education reform that we should make should involve removing useless bullshit from our curriculum (to advance faster by reducing the load of a course) and testing that involves less studying.

Simply going faster is retarded. In college this kinda works because it is accepted that now that you are mature, you can properly socialize and study at the same time. But you cannot let little retarded kids juggle socializing and heavy study at the same time because this is what will hapen

1) More slow people will drop out of high school because they will NOT be able to juggle their socializing with studies

2) More autist virgins like you will be raised as more and more retardos choose studies over socializing

Kids need an artificial balance that we must craft for them so that they don't have to make tough decisions at a young age because if you let a kid make a big decision then he is always going to fuck up in some way or another.

>As a society most of us accept the fact that when are underage we socialize the most.

Are you retarded? If anything most people have more free time in college than they ever had in high school, simply because the whole damn day is taken up with classes.

What they need to do is stop being pussies and fail kids who don't deserve to pass. If little Timmy fails algebra, he better retake it until he can do it. If little Timmy fails English, he better fucking be held back and learn it. Why is it that we are so afraid to tell kids that sometimes they just need to try again?

>Literally every other country gets more done in less time in their education system
>Americans: You know what would fix ours? MORE time
Shit like this is why the alt-right is gaining steam. Why not just acknowledge what the real problem is?
Kids who don't want to be there dragging down the kids who do because compulsory education.

The human brain doesn't finish developing fully until at least age 26. You are not a fully competent adult until you're at least 31. This is when education should BEGIN.

Let me guess, the teacher's unions are pushing this?

Yeah, if they could make sure that everyone got the basics down, and made sure everyone knew how to take notes and study, that would be great.

A lot of times, you get the "this should be taught in schools" du jour, which may get a mandate from the state, and an extra administrator for each school or district.

Oftentimes, they will have to take high school courses in college.

theatlantic.com/education/archive/2016/02/community-colleges-remedial-classes/471192/

Yesterday i asked you to give me ideas for a fake news article

this happens : public schools cant afford it and fail : republicans abolish public school for charter school vouchers : charter schools steal the money for their investors and the students fail : republicans give up on educating children and cut all funding : only the rich get educations : just like republicans planned from the start

Why are there still people posting in this thread?

The article doesn't exist.

PLUMPF BTFO XDDDD
LE DANK MAYMAYS
BLACK PEOPLE ARE SO TRILL
*puts .357 barrel in mouth*

There are still the educational system that can be, and has been discussed.

Please add the extra grades. I believe that once the grades are added it'll be a way to have an extra guidance and ready for life. I totally agree with this idea, love it