What does Veeky Forums read their girlfriends as you're cuddling up for the night? We started The Iliad the other day...

What does Veeky Forums read their girlfriends as you're cuddling up for the night? We started The Iliad the other day, but if she's had a long day, it'll usually be a short science-fiction story.

>implying i have a gf

Why do you have to rub it in user?

Because she makes me so happy I just have to tell someone, but I don't have any other friends, so I was hoping some of you guys had a Veeky Forums gf

My MOTHER FFFUUUUUUCCCCKINGGGGG diary DESUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I had a "Veeky Forums gf" once. It was horrible and I hated her guts within a month. There are few things more insufferable than women who are too confident in their own intelligence.

She's not really Veeky Forums at all, but she likes me reading to her.

Plus I enjoy it too.

>reading aloud to another adult who isn't in a convalescent home

I don't understand people who have gfs but no friends. Where do you even find her if you can't make friends?

It's not rare for people to lose their friends after getting a girlfriend.

I don't, we don't live together, so I prefer conversing with her before sleep, even though we both enjoy a good piece of literature.

I have acquaintances but no real friends. I prefer to invest my time in connecting more deeply with one or two people which is why I have one or two cuties at any given time.

reading aloud is the best way to really appreciate great prose.

if you don't have someone to read to you need to at least subvocalise.

>connecting more deeply with one or two people
lame

It really isn't. At least if you value your time.

I hate those little shit-rat dogs OP

So poorly behaved, always barking, always licking me unnecessarily, always humping their fluffy toys. I can only imagine the horrific amount of incestuous backcrossing that led to their foul race.

We just finished re-reading The portrait of Dorian Gray. It was actually not as good as we remembered from reading it years ago.

I prefer to take notes and can't stand to give up control. I rather read myself or get an audiobook.

Dunno, I guess that's more for women with daddy issues.

God, I am that girl. I ruin all of my relationships before they even start

Thanks, OP, now we're all crying ourselves to sleep. At least you're happy

>I-it isn't
lmao top 18-year-old-nerdy-girl style thinking bruh

Well, yeah, I like those nerdy 18yos, even though I'm ten years older, don't see anything wrong with that :^)

> not so thinly veiled /r9k/ thread

i mean that's totes cool bro but don't liek be like one u kno lol

My girlfriend is a Nazi.

All she wants to read is /pol/ conspiracy theories and breitbart.

That's not a joke btw.

I can bet she does anal.

Where do you place a bet like that?

She does, btw.

I am not your bro, friend, and you don't seem to understand what you are talking about.

he doesn't like reading

I hate my girlfriend but she always threatens to kill herself when I try to break up.

she is not going to kill herself and I feel kind of sorry for her. If you want to break up with her, you should do it, after it don't keep any contact since she will still saying the same to you.

I had an ex who threatened to kill herself if I broke up with her too.

I broke up with her. She killed herself. Not cleanly either.

>dated girl emotionally unstable
>she killed herself
>dated with another girl emotionally unstable

you're an asshole, user.

No Longer Human

>being a virgin loser is bad
>seems like having a gf is just as much trouble

>not reading literature out loud to your pets

They're more cute and understand about as much of it as a woman.

that was a different user

Hans, is that you?

I've tried reading my husband poetry I like before, but he tends to tune it out. I want to practice reading out loud more often before we have a kid, but it's hard to do to an unwilling audience.

I once had a gf. I had a dream just this other night about that one time where I woke up in the middle of the night and she slid her arm around me and pulled me in close, and I was really happy, but I couldn't tell her how much I enjoyed being the little spoon because she would have thought I was a faggot.

I'm reading her Autobiography of Red. Other than that we probably read on our own, got too many philosophy/history books to go through for our exams to have much spare time at all.

bruh, bruh... holdup holdup this just in - ure a fag, kys my nikka

Poetry, or a few funny/interesting passages of whatever I'm reading, but generally we just read our own books in bed together. We both have graduate degrees in literature, so we can read just fine by ourselves. Also, since we read faster than anyone would read out loud, it's frustrating to creep through text at a snail's pace (I can't stand audio books for the same reason).

I never had a girlfriend. I'm too dumb for smart girls and too smart for dumb girls.

Yay or nay on Bukowski?

I've read the Lais of Marie de France with an ex; we stopped reading the romance poetry so that we could make romantic poetry - we banged.

People who think they're exceptionally smart are assholes regardless of whether they're right or not.

>he thinks having lots of shallow relationships are better than a few close ones
lame

hit home

It's no one's fault but her own she killed herself. If it hadn't been you it probably would have been something else. It's not your fault she's unstable and it was a decision she made by herself.

>I couldn't tell her how much I enjoyed being the little spoon because she would have thought I was a faggot.
Good riddance then.

>can't have lots of deep relationships
>thinks he can know who's worth knowing when you've known only a few people in your life
sorry for being subpar dude

>tfw genuinely feeling love for for the first time in over ten years for your cute college classmate who has a boyfriend but seems to show signs of attraction to you and you aren't sure whether or not you're just misinterpreting her friendship but you're afraid to talk about your feelings for her to anyone because you feel kind of pathetic about actually feeling something as juvenile as love for someone while at the same time being massively relieved that you can still experience emotion of this magnitude, even if it does make you feel like you're dying but you know you can't ever do anything about it because it would probably ruin your friendship and she'd see how you've wasted the best years of your life and accomplished nothing and you're going to be going to school together for the next several years and you wonder if you're just going to have to put up with this feeling for that long.

You only have so much time in a day, in a week. Unless you all live together in a commune you can only spend so much time with these people. The more people you have "deep relationships" with, the more your time is divided and the thinner your attention is spread across each of them.

Also
>not having one person you're closer to than anyone else

>genuinely feeling love
>for a girl who shows no signs of attraction to you
That isn't love famalam, love is a mutual thing and requires deep knowledge of the other person. You're infatuated with her because she's cute and fun to be around. That could lead to love in the right circumstances, but if you don't know the difference your doomed.If she's in a relationship you're better off looking elsewhere instead of wallowing in and romanticizing your infatuation.

We recently read 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea together. Usually she reads to me, but we switch sometimes.

Previously she read me A Walk in the Woods when we were backpacking. Was pretty cozy.

see: a lot of faggots ghost their friends once they get a gf

Is she an illiterate rapist?

Good advice and well put, user

yup. I kind of don't make an effort to reach out to one friend given how his priorities are and how much he shown to value his friends lately.

>If she's in a relationship you're better off looking elsewhere instead of wallowing in and romanticizing your infatuation.

I realize this, and thank you.