Are there any books written about the Trump phenomenon and the culture which made it possible?

Are there any books written about the Trump phenomenon and the culture which made it possible?

I know it's a little early for an in-depth analysis to emerge, but I'm interested in how he was able to control the media so easily.

Mods/janis, explain to me how this is off-topic or fuck off back into the shadows. This discussion pertains TO LITERATURE.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iLytHh8Za9g
youtu.be/OCabT_O0YSM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Johnny Gentle chapter/section in Infinite Jest

not even memeing that much

He didn't control the media. He said a lot of stupid shit and the media reported on his retardation.

In particular, this line:

>...A president J.G., F.C. [Johnny Gentle, Famous Crooner] who said he wasn't going to stand here and ask us to make some tough choices because he was standing here promising he was going to make them for us. Who asked us simply to sit back and enjoy the show

> I'm interested in how he was able to control the media so easily.

Let me save you the effort of reading a book by telling you myself.

He said a bunch of sensational, unpresidential things that the media ate up. Every time he said something shocking it gave the gutter press a thrill. He's a reality tv show star who made a fortune manipulating the media and has been doing so for decades.

The Prince.

Bonus point if you realize that Enlightened Despotism is the only good system.

>explain to me how this is off-topic

>able to control the media so easily

You've gotten a lot more subtle at baiting, I'll give you that, but that doesn't make this Veeky Forums-related.

Read the FBI user's posts from /pol/. He talked about about perception, biases, and manipulation. Also watch some of Scott Adam's stuff. They both explain how Trump was able to play the game of politics with such ease and trample over those who got in his way.

If he becomes president, you can expect a lot of books to come out about his psychological maneuvering. The man is a genius and he has good advisors.

Scott Adams:
youtu.be/iLytHh8Za9g

Trump has been doing this for decades:
youtu.be/OCabT_O0YSM

It IS Veeky Forums related. It pertains TO LITERATURE.

If this thread makes you uncomfortable, then fuck off and leave it be.

the book of revelations 2bh

that was not the point of the prince lmao, Machiavelli believed that a republic was the best system but that an enlightened despotism could at least on the short term be good enough.

Machiavelli cared about stability over all else in the state. He believed that in the long term a mediated democracy was superior to a mediated monarchy at achieving these ends, but that either system was preferable to pure autocracy or democracy. You don't even need to read his discourses on livy to get this, it's pretty apparent in The Prince IMO.

Why do you need a book? The answer is pretty obvious.

Whenever people criticize sacred cows like the diversity meme they are ostracized by society and no mainstream politician wants to represent them, even those among the right, so people are driven to outlandish politicians like Trump.

I'm not a fan of Trump, he represents the bad apples on the right, but it is no mystery to me why people less patient than myself turn to him.

He explains it in The Art of the Deal

Guy Debord's Society of the Spectacle and Comments on the Society of the Spectacle. Buzzfeed's founder Jonah Pereti wrote his thesis on Debord, which explains a lot, really. Social media liberalism is the definition of spectacular consumer politics. Nothing is real, opinions are interexchangable and equivalent commodities. The alt-right is an equally spectacular reaction, a commodification of racial resentment and fear. Ironically this fear has been promoted by the US government from the very beginning, though it seems to have taken on a life of it's own. You'd be surprised at how much of alt-right discourse is inherited from Bush era War on Terror propaganda or even older John Birch red scare material. Much like the liberal media managed to commodify the residues of middle class protestant piety, Breitbart, Jones et. al. market stale propaganda and bank on a purely spectacular resentment of the spectacle. Debord's Comments talk about the integrated spectacle, the modern state's system of control, dependent on the constant threat of terrorism.

What the fuck. Is this really a thing in America?
(the pic)

Yes. Soda monuments. They usually change the design every month depending on holidays or events.

There is an essay can't remember who wrote it but it's about when a civilisations media blurs the lines between entertainment and politics and it's dangers ,,
Google 'essay blurted lines between entertainment and poltics" I've been meaning to read it but yet I haven't

"Essay blurred lines between entertainment and politics" *****
Something like that anyway

But... Making a link... To 9/11... What the hell. I don't even really care about 9/11 and I find this shocking.

Your country seems really sick, guys.

>he doesn't recognize soda monuments as the purest form of artistic expression

The media is easy to control for anyone who understands how new media works.

Outrage and clickbait is what journalists are selling in this age, so you just have to be outrageous and give out exploitable soundbites and you will have never ending media coverage for free.

But it takes a special kind of madman to actually go for this route. If you fail then your reputation is ruined forever.

Donald Trump is he Republican candidate for President of the Untied States, so yeah.

Is that a man shooting himself and a turkey in front of US flags?

no retard is not literature it has nothing to do with it, you just want to sperg about politics in other boards.

I sent the pic to 4 of my friends and they all thought it was crazy, stupid and shocking. What the fuck is wrong with your country.

>wahhhh it's not literature because I don't like the topic

So If I made a thread asking about Nietzsche's philosophy, would that also not be literature in your mongoloid eyes?

Leave the thread if you have nothing to contribute. This is on-topic, and several pieces of literature have been recommended in this thread already.

It's obviously an hindu temple and a yellow hydraulic lift

>I'm interested in how he was able to control the media so easily.

I am definitely not a trump supporter, but you are a fucking retard apparently

Weird thinking that the people working there were also all like "Yeah, this is all perfectly okay, making this massive soda monument of the twin towers"

I would have thought someone would have done something like loading up a shotgun with some mentos and doing a full reenactment.

make me you piece of shit

We have no shame, and we want money.

He's a genius.
seeOur greatest scholars will be writing about his tactics for many generations. He is our Machiavelli. He developed a new form of the state and we don't even know it yet.

Is Trump controlling the media, or is the media controlling Trump, Is Trump just an actor, performing the role which was assigned to him? Trump already has a deal with CNN on the works, in case he loses the election, he'll get his own TV channel. Trump is a godsend for Hillary and the democrats either way. If Trump wins, the democrats will regain their spectacular savior role as they did during the Bush administration. If Trump loses, He'll forever remain a boogeyman figure, making the democrats seem saintly by comparison. Already, Trump has helped to rehabilitate most of the Bush era neocon ideologues. Or, are we all part of the same hyper-adaptable system of total control?

Not him, but I've been participating. However, your all-caps defensiveness and bitching about mods before they ever did anything implies you're just an edgy /pol/ shill. Maybe take your own medicine and participate in a discussion of the literature that has already been suggested?

Or else I guess you could continue to shit up the thread by complaining that people aren't respecting your safe space, get the thread deleted, and use it as more fodder for your narrative. Up to you opie.

Stop ruining the thread.

>b-but you replied-

Shut the fuck up.

Yes, and Hilary for the democrats. There, all summarized

Shit, that's an excellent rec. Thanks

>before they ever did anything

They deleted the previous thread

lel, or just taking a box of soda from the bottom...

Ah, so the persecution narrative it is

:")

He didn't write that.