Welcome to the Veeky Forums challenge: Monthly edition!

Welcome to the Veeky Forums challenge: Monthly edition!

THREAD 3!!!!

The theme is announced on the 1st of every month, and submissions are welcome up until the 23rd.
After that the voting/rating thread goes up and everyone is welcome to vote on the submitted dishes.

VOTING GUIDELINES

Voting follows an 'Iron Chef' style scoring system. This means you, the people of Veeky Forums, will judge each entry individually instead of deciding on what you feel is the "best" dish.

We will have two modes of voting:
Casual votes: Vote for as few or as many submissions as you like. Votes will not be tallied and purely for contestants to know how they are doing.
Competitive votes: To submit a competitive vote, you must vote for EVERY submission. These votes will be counted and the winner announced.

Dishes are scored out of a total 20 points, based on 4 categories (worth a maximum of 5 points each); Presentation, Originality, Appeal and Challenge Goals. You may award 0's if you feel the contestant did not meet your expectations for a category.

-Presentation: The appearance of items on the plate; plating skills
-Originality: Creativity in composing the dish
-Appeal: How appetizing the food looks/whether or not the dish appeals to your personal taste as a voter
-Challenge Goals: How closely the entry followed the challenge goal(s)

The distinction between Presentation and Appeal: If someone submits an artfully arranged but burnt steak as an entry, it may score high in Presentation but low in appeal.

Copypasta Scoring Format for Lazymodo

Presentation: /5
Originality: /5
Appeal: /5
Challenge Goals: /5
Total: /20

THEME SELECTION

We'll let YOU, the people, decide!
Feel free to suggest themes that you think will be interesting and accessible to everyone.
5 of the suggested themes will be put into a poll at the start of the next month and everyone can vote for what they would like to see in the subsequent month.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mo6KUNqdsz0
pastebin.com/VTK7inJQ
i.imgur.com/wqE7hys.jpg
i.imgur.com/qmj9lnL.jpg
i.imgur.com/9zYnUbu.jpg
reddit.com/r/Cooking/
reddit.com/r/Cooking/comments/5x443p/march_monthly_cook_off_corned_beef_and_cabbage/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

tl;dr

The theme of March is...... EGGS!!!!!!

[Description]

While you're perfectly welcome to make a large spread of food, please make sure there is clearly a "main dish" because that is what people will be voting on.

BONUS CONTENT COURTESY OF WEBMFAG AND user:

Introduction video explaining the challenge for you newbs: youtube.com/watch?v=Mo6KUNqdsz0

Photography guide:
Text version - pastebin.com/VTK7inJQ
Vertical version - i.imgur.com/wqE7hys.jpg

How to make webm: i.imgur.com/qmj9lnL.jpg

How to make verticals vertical: i.imgur.com/9zYnUbu.jpg

And here we have the official entries for your perusal and judgement!

>1
Sauted cabbage and onion with tomatoes and pinto beans scrambled together with an egg. garnished with a bratwurst and homemade hot sauce - White Castle

>2
Flyover devilled eggs - flyover user

>3
Fettuccine carbonara with homemade noodles. - eyepatch

>4
Egg Hash Cup with Bacon, Goat Cheese, Spinach and Red Bell. -Nack

>5
Green Curry Omelet, with shrimp, tomato, cucumber, & cilantro, served with nam pla prik. - spice jar

>6
Rice and Chinese bbq tri-tip steak (char siu) -Racer X

>7
Omurice! Chicken fried rice with demi-glace sauce and butter topped with a soft omelette and more demi-glace poured on top. - Dice

>8
Upside down bread pudding with poppy seeds and toffee apple. - Webmfag

>THREAD 3!!!!
I thought the last one wast the first one and had eggs

wtf wast 2nd thd?

You seem to be lost, let me help you!
reddit.com/r/Cooking/

It's still the same round. Mods don't remove bump limit this year so we have to change thread regularly.

Here's my submission for this round.

FYI I was the first person to contact mods to remove bump limits for our cooking threads

I don't speak german.

Timestamp or it didn't happen, my nigger.

Well, here goes nothing...
Be gentle :p

Time: 5:45 PM

It's the third thread for this month, I have no idea how to get the bump limit removed but its not too much effort to make a new thread anyway

currywurst

nice eggs!

Penne a la vodka
(Vegan)

Timestamp: 6:50 PM (Mountain)

I contacted the mods alrady

cheers

Egg breakfast (light)

Sausage, toasted roll, eggs on a plate;

Time- 8:53

Timestamps have to be in the photo, to prove that you took the photo yourself at that time.

wtf how are you supposed to take a pic of the food if you have to do that? I don't really even know what a timestamp means I just looked it up on urban dictionary but still wtf how are you supposed to do that?

I spent all evening cooking and for that? Its too late because dinner was 15 minutes ago and I was hungry, now my submission is gone and I can't do that. You should make that more clear i can't read your mind...

A timestamp can be as simple as a piece of paper with the day/month/year written on it beside your dish, or anywhere clearly in the photo.

>also, timestamps have always been required, unless you're submitting just for fun.

The urban dictionary definition of 'timestamp' makes it abundantly clear what it is.

Try again.

Is there a prize for the winner? Not an entry factor, just wondering.

borneo sends lewds to your email

So even though the filename is a fucking timestamp when you take it with a phone, you have to possibly photoshop a timestamp paper in with it? Pure bullshit.

Photoshop? No. An actual piece of paper with the date and your entry name is fine.

I've never seen a picture of Borneo. Is this something I would want? Can my wife and I get off to these lewds?

Pic related, my dude.

Trolling remains a art.

people must have complained befere becaused the mods are not having it

a couple years ago they entertained the idea though

Trip, please and thank you.
Also,

>Trip
fuck off.
reddit.com/r/Cooking/comments/5x443p/march_monthly_cook_off_corned_beef_and_cabbage/
Go back to here you faggots.

>implying the Veeky Forums challenge is not a time-honoured board tradition.

We all know how to spot the new around here.

newfag

Surely, you must be new.

Sounds like you're well versed in the site you linked.
Maybe you should go back.

Subreddit tradition*
Redditor
Not as new as you.

That's funny considering this entire faggy "contest" is the most reddit thread on this board.

Look at all of you immediately getting extremely defensive because you were called out. Keep your little contests on your subreddit where they belong sweetie.

>borneo sends lewds to your email

I fucking wish...

Is this Borneo?
Sorry, I'm not interested in winning, then. There is no way my wife and I can mutually masturbate to her. I can't cum with a limp dick.

Fuck off.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>thats "Borneo"
God damn Veeky Forums is pathetic. You're all a bunch of redditors and women.

Borneo, please. Use your trip.

Alright, young man, off to bed with you.

Awww that's cute! You posted a pic of yourself. You're dismissed now sweetie.

The troll has been told to fuck off.
We can stop talking to it now.

...unless it's just feeding itself now.

You're right... i'll leave now, with all my Shutterstock moneys.

Take your old "sweetie" shite and leave our board. You're not contributing, as is your norm, sweetie.

>our
t. redditor

The only money you have is the money you need to pay the $5 rent on the glory hole you operate.

Kill yourself, honey. Nobody wants or likes you, especially not a brown-toothed yuropoor.

All me.

>screencapping obvious shit that everyone already realizes
Wew.

Not everyone realizes that you're just trolling yourself.
Veeky Forums is the most gullible board.

The only person responding to yourself, is you bumping your gay thread Borneo.

>Veeky Forums is the most gullible board.
Yes because it is quite literally populated by unrepentant redditors and dumb women.

I disagree. I think that it's populated (largely) by people who never cut their teeth on /b/.
It's a shitty cross board for people who can't handle /pol/ tier bantz.
etc
It's easy pickings, troll wise.
Why not set your sites higher?
You seem to have the desire.

>people who never cut their teeth on /b/.
AKA unrepentant redditors and normie women (dumb people).

Cooking and food is a broad topic so like /tv/ this board attracts the worst LCD and especially idiots who think Veeky Forums should be a semi-anonymous reddit hybrid.

>not masturbating to Borneo

I think we can all agree it's a challenge. A simple challenge may be an understatement. I like to think of it as an accomplishment, perhaps more esteemed than conquering any Veeky Forums challenge. And I'm proud to say I've conquered this battle. If you and your wife can't mutually get off to Borneo then you rightfully do not belong on this cooking forum. I'd like to think most of us here are in agreement of this.

I dunno. I've been here since shortly after chanology.
Off and on.
I used to troll Veeky Forums and raise ire. Still do from time to time.
I'm just gonna say, if you REALLY want to piss people off, wait until the ball gets rolling.
Wait until the voting round comes about.
You've been called out here as a single person trying to piss on it.
Wait for the voting round and use different IPs to shit all over it.
Just a suggestion.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Oh well, I guess you'll have to let your bull get her off as usual then.

It took you one entire hour to shop that in MS paint... wow.

I'm still here, but I'm done capping your retardation.
Arguing with yourself?
Sad.

You're a sad, fat sack of shit. No Microsoft Paint on a Samsung Galaxy, you inbred 'tard.

>projecting this much

Did your girlfriend not let you suck the BBC cum out of her snatch?

No, I don't have a girlfriend.

So you take it right from the BBC, aye?

No, can't say I do.

And what, from your obvious brilliant observations, makes you think I'm European?

Quit my current game and saw this:
I'd stop, but this guy!

But for reals, Veeky Forums, you tender-footed witless twats... This is what you're up against. Someone who spends their free time talking to themselves.

On the west coast?

>dishes with eggs
>vegan
Are you retarded for not following the one rule that exists, retarded for not knowing eggs aren't vegan, or both?

Lol fucking idiot.

>funpost
>some paranoid mouthbreather assumes you're every post from there on out
KEK

I'll admit two of those posts are mine, but fuck man, trade in your tinfoil hat for some Librium. Your family members will thank you.

Call home.
Mom is worried about you.

Whereas you just need to holler up from the basement to your own mother? Or does she have you secured with a baby monitor?

Call a suicide hotline.
Nobody cares about you.

My submission. I actually made a thread here

>.png

You are too retarded.

This is to give an idea of the texture. It's comparable to tofu brain / 豆腐脑.

Corrected my verticle.

That's lovely! Appreciate the vertical, I'll try it next time I'm near a steamer.

that looks fantastic! thank you for the vertical, ive been making steamed egg a lot so ill try your version out

i get myself off all the time, its a challenge but worth it i swear

Thank you! I think you can also make it in a waterbath in a pot but I haven't tried it that way.

This is really intriguing. Where do you live? I've never seen egg kino before.

Thanks buddy. I live in Vietnam. At the wet market here I can pick out a chicken and they will kill and pluck it right there and then in front of me. Every part of the chicken get used up, so even things like the neck and ovaries are eaten. They're pretty tasty, though a bit nasty looking.

OMG that is so fucked up

wouldnt a waterbath get too hot?

chicken ovary looks so interesting, ive never been able to find it though

I didn't ask you, I was talking to asdf.

Not sure about the water bath to be honest but would a high heat be detrimental? I just know I saw some Japanese recipes on YouTube for chawanmushi that used a water bath.

Go ask on r/cooking. u/Borneo doesn't actually cook.

whenever i make steamed eggs overly high heat makes it bubbly instead of smooth and custardy, dunno if its the same for a water bath though, could be caused by the action of the water vapour as well as temperature

i have an electric hob so i cant control the temperature of a pot of water very well

>could be
Thanks for not answering my question but ok.

Requesting webum user to work your magic with this pic and borneo's masturbation quote here ...for science.

No.

I re-made my vertical and fixed some things.

What's the red stuff you're using to protect your counter? Is it silicone?