"Many people have written to me asking what they should read to properly educate themselves...

>"Many people have written to me asking what they should read to properly educate themselves. Here is a list of thirteen books that I found particularly influential in my intellectual development. I wrote number thirteen, Maps of Meaning: The Architecture of Belief. It was published in 1999. It was heavily influenced by the authors of all the books listed below."

> "In the lecture I included with this post (see below) I discuss the suffering inextricably associated with life, attributing some of it to tragedy, a necessary consequence of human limitation, and the remainder to evil, the conscious and malevolent attempt to worsen Being. I suggest that human beings can tolerate tragedy — even triumph over it, if they are guided by truth — but that evil is a far more insidious, subtle and damaging force. "

youtube.com/watch?v=MLp7vWB0TeY

The list

1. Brave New World – Aldous Huxley
2. 1984 – George Orwell
3. Road To Wigan Pier – George Orwell
4. Crime And Punishment – Fyodor Dostoevsky
5. Demons – Fyodor Dostoevsky
6. Beyond Good And Evil – Friedrich Nietzsche
7. Ordinary Men – Christopher Browning
8. The Painted Bird – Jerzy Kosinski
9. The Rape of Nanking – Iris Chang
10. Gulag Archipelago (Vol. 1, Vol. 2, & Vol. 3) – Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
11. Man’s Search for Meaning – Viktor Frankl
12. Modern Man in Search of A Soul – Carl Jung
13. Maps Of Meaning: The Architecture of Belief – Jordan B. Peterson

for you who don't know who Jordan B Peterson is

>Jordan B. Peterson (b. 1962[1]) is a tenured research and clinical PhD psychologist who currently teaches at the University of Toronto. His research interests include self-deception, mythology, religion, narrative, neuroscience, personality, deception, creativity, intelligence, and motivation.

CONT.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-4R0bWC41g4
youtube.com/watch?v=kasiov0ytEc
youtube.com/watch?v=27dshxbbPlg
youtube.com/watch?v=X_Kfm_qWpN0
youtube.com/watch?v=DtiRzQMgBDM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is he /ourguy/?

Why he is relevant these days ?

Because he's at the forefront of the battle against the SJW's and neo marxist liberals.

>On 27 September 2016, Peterson released the first part of a three part lecture video series on political correctness. In the video, he objects to the Canadian government's Bill C-16, which proposes to outlaw harassment and discrimination based on gender identity and gender expression under the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Criminal Code.[20] His objection to the bill did not concern the LGBT discrimination legal debate, but rather the freedom of speech implications of C-16's other amendments to the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Criminal Code, regarding their accommodation language. Furthermore, he argued that the new amendments paired with section 46.3 of the Ontario Human Rights Code would make it possible for "employers and organizations to be subject to punishment under the code if any employee or associate says anything that can be construed as 'directly or indirectly' offensive." Peterson further argues that it is necessary for people to recognize the importance of free speech and particularly free speech on college campuses.[21]
Peterson has publicly stated that he will not use non-binary pronouns such as 'Zhe' in reference to others, even if requested.[22]

Leftists attack people and try to shut him up

youtube.com/watch?v=-4R0bWC41g4

some more videos

youtube.com/watch?v=kasiov0ytEc

youtube.com/watch?v=27dshxbbPlg

youtube.com/watch?v=X_Kfm_qWpN0

yes he is .

>neuroscience
Not a philosopher.

>terrible literature
Not even relevant.

The man is based af

Watch his lectures and talks instead of his interviews where just barely touches upon what he goes in to in his talks.

That blond girl is quite the looker.

Just started watching his Maps of Meaning lectures . This guy is based.

>Believes in "evil"
No, just another Spookmerchant

>based.

You don't belong here

Thank you for your opinions Mr. Mehmet, Mr Cuckstein and Mr. Goldwasser.

>its not correct that there is such a thing as biological sex
I've never understood this. What does it mean? I have a penis, do they mean it's not biological?

Leftists believe that there is no such thing as a Male or a Female and it's all a patriarchal scheme to enslave "women". They think it's okay to define your gender based on how you are feeling that day. They have 51 genders in their books and if you don't use the exact pronouns that they want to be called then they can punish you using the government as their gun.

roaming millennial is even hotter, despite the name

>Ordinary Men

what a book. /ourguy/ confirmed

Anybody ever think that all this gender studies and its deranged followers (which is an absolute joke and who are total dupes) are being used, like like BLM was similarly used, by a small group of people to make a mockery of socially progressive themes, and to push the ideological/cultural balance to the far right, verging on the very authoritarianism we thought we were avoiding by resisting such corruptive influences? I'm not defending SWJ sexpolitics. This Peterson guy seems alright. I just have trouble thinking the elite of this world (whoever you place them as) really care this much about what holes we fuck and lick, and how people are all up in arms over issues like this, but allow economic issues go by the wayside. I'm curious.

>muh holocaust
>muh gulags

he seems like a christian in denial

It's the government pushing these cultural marxist ideals. Why? because BLM and SJW push for larger government and see them as a cure all end all for every problem. They deem everyone who believes in individualism or equality of opportunity as racist or bigots who needs to be dealt with. SJW's didn't really become a thing until Obama took power. Racial tension has never been this high since the 60's. They are going around telling weak minded people with no analytical skills that they are being oppressed by a some mythical monster that's always at their backs . In turn this creates the crazy batshit insane BLM and SJW fuckers who see themselves as being oppressed even though they never have been oppressed in their life.

>I just have trouble thinking the elite of this world (whoever you place them as) really care this much about what holes we fuck
You mean that they would be behind this? That is not exactly how it works. Did the elites of Germany before Nazism took over the country want that? (did they even see it coming?) Did the elites of Russia see what came with communism?

Look, the goal of SJW is totalitarianism, their goal is power. And they are not working for the elite. They are working for them self, they are miserable, resentful, angry and spiteful people and they use social justice-ism as a cloak and a tool to grab power, and then eventually to take revenge upon those whom they do not like.

With political movements and politics you always have to look behind the words, behind he faked morality, behind the fake nobility, behind the fake concern for trans people.

They are not controlled by elite forces, they are controlled by demons in their own heads. And that is a hell of a lot scarier because everyone could end up working for those causes as everyone has demons in their heads.

Holy shit. Look at his Facebook page, he just posted a link to /pol/.

He seems intelligent enough, but he really doesn't understand the deal with that law.

t. Xir Majesty Smugglypuff XII

lmaoooooo

its fucking absurd. Never thought i'd see this. It makes me happy. I've been spamming his youtube clips on Veeky Forums since 2011-2012 on every opportunity i got.

what a sad life you must have

He understands it fully.
SJW's want to be able to charge people a 200k fine if someone doesn't call them by the proper pronoun which they created for themselves. They aren't trying to ban speech they are trying to force people to use their speech. These pronouns aren't a natural evolution of words which is adopted by the masses naturally which is usually from pop culture and whatnot. These are words that a group of marxist assholes who never worked a hard day in their life who sit in their safe spaces on university campus's created and are trying to force it onto us.

Aye! you are right about that

What is wrong with recommending a good lecture that will help someone that looks like they need it and would find it valuable? Its not like its all i do, but when i am on Veeky Forums and i see someone in need of some existential chicken soup and ideological vaccinations i do my part.

>two dosto
>no tolstoy
>mfw

Tolstoy writes about man and his dealings. Dosto writes about the nature of man and the effects of his dealings .

Leftists are also 7 ft tall and made of straw.

I remember this man. I really like him, he has a great head on his shoulders.

wicked stuff user

here you go

Literally babby shit. Read most of these when I was in high school.

>old hag
>looker
muh science is objective truth

I actually thought he was an intellegent well thought person until I saw those interviews. He's just as ideological as the people he opposes.

They don't read them anymore. But if they do they will go trough the books and the only things they will look for is power dynamics. They will see if the men in the book have more economic power then women, if white people have more then blacks etc.

After they come out of from school and they can think of is oppression and shit and they think the whole of society is one big mechanism to oppress people. Shits fucking retarded

>when I use "Leftists" as a standin buzzword for specific schools of thought I'm too illiterate to know about

It really just includes trans shit as a exacerbating issue or whatever it's called in Canadian law. Like if you beat someone up it might be taken more seriously if they're gay or a woman or a racial minority, and now it's going to be the same case with trans things. If you choose not to use a pronoun won't make any difference.

Not only reading books, but I've been doing his self-authoring thing and it's kinda neat. I'm not sure how much it will help.. it's taking forever to finish though. They say a few hours but I've been at it for a week

to add to this the writer was a lot more balanced and nuanced in approach than Peterson. Is peterson just autistic?

pretty spot on.

>2. 1984 – George Orwell

a classic of the politically immature

Just read Nietzsche’s middle period and seriously consider just going and becoming a monk or Amish or something, you don't have to engage in the degeneracy of society at large your subjecting yourself to this. Stop triggering yourself by watching youtube videos or reading news, you idiots are responsible for driving yourselves pathologically insane.

1984 was a book about language.

Thats the dumbest thing I've read today.
(kys yourself btw)

>marxist liberals

Why are comments like this not ridiculed on Veeky Forums anymore?

Its such a shame hes only know for his anti sjw shit. Its the shallowest and least interesting topic he tackles.

His philosophy lectures on religion, personality, morals, and meaning are absolutley brilliant. It wasnt until he sunk to "uh sjws are bad" that people started to notice him. Society sucks, they ignore brilliance but applaud when it affirms what they want to hear

he had a substantial audience before all this stuff though

his video on nietzsche and dostoyevsky had 100K+ voews

Yah but he was unkown on social media until he critisized sjws. Now hes known well on facebook and twitter by narrown minded people who can only see him as "a hero of free speech" (which hes not) or "a disgusting transphobe" (which hes also not). Hes so more broader than either of those narrow frames.

Damn, you took everything in my head and just wrote it

Good post

Whats to ridicule? Hes right. Peterson has mentioned in many lectures how much he despises marxism and as a result university marxists have come after him. What innacurate about that statement?

by marxists, do you mean actual marxists or just sjws?

Actual marxists obviously. Though Im sure theres pleanty of overlap between these 2 groups

cultural marxists

Does anyone else find themselves embracing the far right extremist schemes used to counter the whole sjw nonsense movements? I've gone full on Pinochet and Evola in recent years and I believe that's why. I don't think there is anything wrong with embracing an ideology so long as you are aware you are doing it, right? Or is that all a spook

No. My thinking is not that black and white

That ignore what I said. It's fine if you are self aware while doing it, isn't it? Not everyone is an enlightened spook-free pseud

He's such a good speaker. His lectures are so entertaining.

Yeah it is. They aren't good. Watch Peterson lectures you'll get a lot out of them.

>being a nazi isnt bad as long as you know youre a nazi
What? I have no idea what youre even trying to get at

thanks user

I hate Canada so fucking much.

When I get my degree I'm moving to Wild Rose Country or the States.

What's his view on religion, specifically Christianity?

When will this idpol shit go away

I think he is a cultural christian where he believes in the values and morals it teaches but not so much the god aspect. At least that's what I could gather . Can anyone with more info elaborate?

He does have some videos on Christianity
youtube.com/watch?v=DtiRzQMgBDM

But i haven't watched them yet.

The only thing I admire about him is his attitude towards the sexual market and roasties.

Everything else is pure spooks

No, mate, Athenian democracy is the way to go.