How large is the Veeky Forums community? How many people are there that check this on a regular basis?

How large is the Veeky Forums community? How many people are there that check this on a regular basis?

If this was a subreddit, how many subscribers would it have?

A couple months ago someone posted some stats and I think like 2000 (non unique) or so people came here on average per day with fifty or so accounting for 95% of the posts.

>tfw I am part of the internet intellectual shitposting elite

Life status:
[_] in vain
[X] not in vain

I just come to Veeky Forums for Veeky Forums and to have a laugh.

Only you and me

I don't know, but some guy keeps calling me Henry.

fuck off, Henry.

>How large is the Veeky Forums community?
for you

DUDE I GO TO PRINCETON LOL?!?!?

I love you, OP.

>with fifty or so accounting for 95% of the posts.

Damn, that's pretty cozy (although I have a hard time believing it)

o.o

why

Because she's cute!

>she

w h o
h
o

OP is a female (female)!

Huh it's kind of cool that the stats actually match what it feels like to be on Veeky Forums, one cozy group of pseuds with other people passing through. Despite the harsh words we may have shared, I think I really like you people. Except for that fucker Henry, he can go straight to hell...

We are the 0.025%

I see you're part of the reddit contingent

I don't know about anyone else but I've been browsing other boards for 2-3 years and I have to say Veeky Forums is so different. It seems to be calm and "normal" compared to other boards.

This place is comfy. Took me 2 years to get here.

>with fifty or so accounting for 95% of the posts.
i'm one of 'em

Kill yourself you rancid swine

Been here since 2012, and I daily'd it a lot then. I come sporadically now.

You must be old

glad we don't use trips despite being so few

occasionalposter who's part of that extra 5%, checking in.

This t b h

can someone do the maths for me
so how much are exactly

35 (twenty-two)

ok thanks

Actually I'm a boy :/

Definitely. It's the only board I ever use. At first I avoided it, assuming I wouldn't be able to keep up because I haven't read a lot of the books, but it's such a cozy place. The only real sense of "community" in my life.

Plus it motivates me to do good things when I'm not on it--reading and writing.

Why do you hate me? I go to Princeton!

i am ELITE

Seriously, are there any better online communities where you can discuss literature and philosophy? How good is /r/literature?

/occasionalposter/ /dailylurker/ reporting in, 2000 DAU sounds about right.

>I have to say Veeky Forums is so different. It seems to be calm and "normal" compared to other boards.

Because those who're only able to post memes have nothing to do here. They come here, don't understand shit and go back to /pol/, /b/ or /r9k/.

I can't get out of Veeky Forums

*gropes you*

I have a bf

>being a homosexual

>How good is /r/literature?

Its reddit, so its really bad.
The problem with other forums and communities is that people never ever get called out on their bullshit so it just degrades into smart sounding nonsense.

Interpretations and propositions become meaningless because they're never really engaged.

Online discussion of literature only works in an unserious small community.

Very few subreddits even have a sense of community (and the literature ones are also pretty pretentious and serious, full of normies who want to read because they think it's good for you (and they generally can't concentrate for more than a page), rather than because they actually need books in their life.

They spend more time talking about the concept of reading than actually talking about specific books and ideas.

>rather than because they actually need books in their life.

Oh fuck off

This is actually a really good point. The ability to be assholes really does lead to more interesting discussion here

What's wrong user? I'm not saying that you need that to be a good reader, but people more emotionally invested in literature generally do make for more interesting Veeky Forumserature communities.

It really does, the fact I have to keep in mind I may be called a cuck, a retard, a pseud, a nu-male so on for expressing my opinion on Kafka actually makes me want to think it over, and in turn people to read what I say so they might find a way to call me one of those things.

On places like /r/literature all you'll ever get is a pat on the head or a downvote, which is why its actually a dead community (they get like a post a day now)

Another occasional 5% reporting.

Yup, if you don't have a bitter sense of (post)irony, you don't belong here.

I will fix that for you

If you don't have autism*

>if this was a subreddit

I just did a quick check on some diagnostics and crunched some numbers: Approximately 4 unique posters have posted on this thread (including me)(.006% margin of error on the calculations of the program I use: Q Salve 17)

>4
>26

4 is the number of images. The unique ips are the third number

I come here exclusively to bully you nerds

Is everyone in this board a fucking fag?

Because that's awesome

I come here everyday but just lurk because I'm no t funny

>implying the rest of Veeky Forums is funny

valid

You're using Veeky Forums wrong. You're supposed to constantly posture about how smart you are

I tried to be attracted to men lots of times before because being a homosexual seems much easier in terms of sexual life, but I'll always be more drawn to pussy.

iktf bro

tried going the MtF route but realized foreign hormones didn't react too well with me, psychologically

Where did those numbers come from? What were their methods if they didn't have access to the raw data?

Sounds like a load of crap t bh

I'm actually bi. Which I think is neato

Same here, brother.

I've come here every day since I was born. My mother breastfed me as she shitpost here and now I've put on the gauntlets. You're wondering my name? Nathan. Yes, my mother is dead.