How do you think cities will look like in the future?

How do you think cities will look like in the future?

probably a lot like today just more futuristic

I know it won't happen, but futurist city planning was kinda neat.

Probably the most significant change in urban planning in the next decades would be lanes for self-driving cars only.

I absolutely would love that. By removing human beans out of the equation and having a path exclusive to cars we can make them go a lot faster so we can get a lot faster to places

Distopian. Its not even a contest.

Very likely, and also increasing reliance on mass transit. Probably a fair amount of automation in that as well.

I could see, in a hundred or more years, fishing and farming communities popping up on the ocean, if land becomes too expensive. That could eventually transform into small-scale arcology projects, but I have my doubts that will happen any time soon.

>removing human beans
Give me your kidneys. I need them for science.

>a lot greener
>more skyscrapers
>electric or hydrogen powered driverless cars all over the fucking place
>muh photovoltaics and wind turbines
>gardens with fruit and vegetables
Would imagine drones everywhere too.

Abandoned, as telecommuting and such makes the necessity of cramming so many people into so small a space unnecessary.

Like Africa.

I think we will destroy ourselves before we reach any of this

no it's fine tho

Behold. The floating cities of the future.

Cities will be industry only final destination.

how

Do you believe in magic~

100 years from now.

>Taller skyscrapers 800m is scene as average compared to today's 150m or so, this is due to building materials getting much better.
>More densely packed cities as population skyrockets due to ageing being cured or automation which leaves people more time to have more offspring.
>Roads will be underground and drones will fly people to where the need to go so the ground will be full of just walk ways where roads used to be kind of like ancients cities with multiple levels.
>Cities will dirtier due to overpopulation
>Crime will be much higher
>Drones everywhere police or just deliviering shit
>Parks/farms will be on top of buildings and shit

Pretty much today's cities will look like massive manlets in comparison.

may be monotonic because of energy harvesting. also shape of buildings.

At the rate of this immigration bullshit, cities will look like Mogadishu in 60 years from now.

Depends how far into the future.
I imagine for a while there will be cities still. They'll still be impractical, but bigger and more congested.
Farther into the future, we'll cover the earth living in large, communal houses (the bad people will be gone). Everyone will live with nature and the people who can't will also be gone.
My perfect world!

This is the only correct answer

You people are blindly optimistic to believe otherwise

Honestly look at brazil and you have a good answer. Pockets of gated communities and business districts with gleaming skyscrapers, msnicured lawns, self driving cars, high security and immende wealth. The other 90 percent will live in concrete jungles with squaler and no hope of security. No self driving cars, just poor mass transit and drugs to keep you from thinking about how shitty things are and not change things. You may get luckuly and have a house with some luxuries.

Im OP and I live in Brazil. If every place in the world ended up looking like us Im terrible sorry then

The drug trade would end if white people go extinct because only white people are smart enough to create drugs using chemistry. The Latin Americans are stupid fucks who parrot the things white drug makers do and without white people eventually that knowledge would be lost leading to the end of drugs as we know it.

So it would really be like Africa where the majority spends their freetime mutilating eachother.

these tbqh. they are the most likely. the gap between the uber rich and poor will widen, middle class will disappear for the most part. then the poor will revolt, and win but at a cost. then basically the redistribution of wealth will make everything look like Cuba. sorry bros

Massive overpopulation and resourc shortages will probably make space a luxury in future cities. The wealthy will have houses and nice apartments, while the working class will be forced to live in massive, crowded blocks. Kind of like Kowloon Walled City, only bigger.

nope most synthetic drugs are made in china. As for mainstream drugs like coke and heroin its made by Latina America and middle eastern countries.