PRUNO

PRUNO
Anyone ever make prison wine?
blacktable.com/gillin030901.htm

Just get a jug and an airlock. I've made shitty wine like that a lot of times, bretty gud for the money.

I'm working on a batch of apple wine right now and I stumbled across this pruno recipe while researching.

Why don't you cheap fucks just spend $1,200 on homebrewing supplies like me and get a job at a brewery so you never have to buy beer again? It practically pays for itself.

I bought a bucket with an airlock

$1200? Dude a home brew kit costs like $120

-10 G stainless steel kettle with 2 openings for fixtures - $90
-2 ball valves (one for kettle, one for mash tun), 35 a piece - $70
-10" sight glass for kettle - $55
-Copper wort chiller - $50
-Husky brand mobile toolbox that holds all of this - $50
-5 G glass carboy - $30
-Bayou Classic propane burner - $50
-Bench capper for bottling - $40

Those are just the purchases over $40, does not include the several feet of hoses and other accessories, not to mention the materials you need to buy semi-reguarly such as your grans, hops, yeast, cleaner, priming sugar, and bottle caps. $1,200 is a rough guess.

1 gallon glass jug
Airlock
Bung or screw top with a hole in it for the airlock
Sterilize everything
Fruit juice with only ascorbic acid or nothing at all, or water and sugar and flavorings
Ferment for a month
Wine

You'll need some yeast as well.

The summer after graduating High School.
We took an old mop bucket, filled it with mashed up fruit, unpasteurized juice and some yeast.
Wrapped it in garbage bags (punctured with a straw) and let it sit on my friend's Dad's roof for about 30-45 days in the hot sun.
Strained out the pulp/dead bugs and shared it with all of our friends on the 4th of July.

How was it?

Can I use bread yeast or do I need special yeast?

Get wine yeast. It's about a dollar a piece, and a sachet will ferment five gallons. You could use bread yeast, but it'd be much less potent.

Good luck not getting botulism

that wouldn't work purely based off the heat and sugar contents, it wouldn't ferment under those conditions and would just spoil and evaporate.

Worked in corrections for years. I will remember the smell of that shit until the day I die

It will work with bread yeast but might not get as strong. If you can't wait or don't have a home brew store then bread yeast is ok.

Overboard dude. We're just doing the bare minimum to get drunk on the cheap.

That's all I'm doing too. I just had the foresight to make a quality lifelong investment. Now I can brew 5 gallons of beer for less than 20$ and itll taste amazing too.

Are oranges the only fruit they have access to? It would be decent if they could use just apple or grape juice.

No dude they'll use anything from the kitchen they can that has sugar in it. I've seen it made from everything from bananas (Holy fucking shit did this stink) to fruit cocktail. The most violent vomiting I've ever seen was an inmate who had drank the entirety of the liquid from his batch and the decided to see if it was like hunch punch and he ate the shit at the bottom of the bag (they'll usually make it in garbage bags). That dude was puking like a firehose. And the smell of that was way worse than the hooch. They call it 'buck' btw

me and my roommate in college did

>combine ingredients
>add yeast
>oh shit the water was supposed to be warm to activate the yeast
>put it in the microwave
>three days later
>bag hasn't inflated yet
>oh fuck we killed the yeast
>microwave the bag again and then add even more yeast

the double yeast made it disgustingly thick, but the experiment worked and we got our underrage selves pretty fucking wasted off of it. i don't really recommend it though

The ingenuity of your average jailbird astounds me.

Where in god's name do you hide it? Aren't there routine cell searches and shit? Do they just let it slide?

What they do is hide it in places like mop buckets, toilets, places like that. Plus there is so much bullshit that officers let slide because its not worth the conflict to them. Dirty ass pieces of shit like that are why I had to get out of that business

They've got a lot of time to sit and think of plans