Do you prefer to fully brown mince before adding pasta sauce or to have it be a bit pink before adding the sauce?

do you prefer to fully brown mince before adding pasta sauce or to have it be a bit pink before adding the sauce?

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/why-cant-you-pour-grease-down-the-drain-2014-8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>mince
Bongistani detected. I fully brown it, but it's fine if it's a bit pink and you simmer it for a while after.

im a decolonzied penal colony

BTW, is there a way to deal with the grease? I can only afford 23% fat beef which is fine for stuff like burgers but when I want to do something else it always turns out greasy as fuck.

I don't add oil or anything else. Am I doing something wrong?

buy turkey instead of beef

skim it off the top when the sauce is simmering

>He doesn't strain out the grease
This is basic shit user. Either scoop some out with a small ladle or actually tip it out of the pan while holding the meat in with a slotted spoon or spatula.

doesnt change the fact that the meat itself will still have a thick film of fat

I wipe the sides of the skillet off with a paper towel, senpai.

I guess I can remove some of the fat while it's cooking. I don't know why I never thought of that.

Even if it's not perfect it will at least help a bit.

When it's almost done I dump the whole thing in a large strainer in the sink, wipe out the pan with a towel, wait 2 minutes then put it back in the pan. It's the only way.

fat is flavor, don't be a pussy

The sauce always tastes way better if you brown the meat as much as possible.

Remove the meat from the pan and then put the excess oil in a bowl, for later use.

t. american

Don't do that. You do NOT want to get warm grease into your pipes. It turns solid when it cools and can at some point cause interesting consequences.

That said, i just add flour to absorb the fat.

>
>buy turkey instead of beef

Go away Satan.

turkey mince is healthier and equally tasty

Wait so how can I dispose the fat then? Also what happens when I wash a greasy pan?

Small amounts like washing the the pan wont cause problems because the washing water transfers that shit away and there is kinda minimal amount of fat left on the pan.
If i need to dispose large amounts of grease (for example i am making ham) then i usually pour it into a milk carton, let it solidify and then throw it away. Unless i turn it into gravy.

You can pour it into an empty jar or can, or let it cool and just dump it into the trash so long as you're confident it won't leak out.

Push the meat to the side of the pot/pan and scoop out the grease and put it in a disposable container. Wait till it solidifies and throw it in the trash.

Generally I wipe the excess grease out of my cookware with paper towel before washing

I always fully grey my mince before adding wine or tomatoes

But garbage disposal rules here say that I cannot put glass, carton or plastic with bio waste. I don't know how they expect me to dispose fat then?

Also, if I'm adding onions and peppers to the meat, should I add those before or after cooking the meat? Peppers are kinda hard so right now I cook the a bit before adding the meat.

If at all possible you should roast the peppers and add it in after the sauce.

Why do you spell decolonised with a Z then? You sure you aren't a seppo in denial?

because z seems more appropriate than s to me for ize words due to the way it sounds. you don't have to follow every local convention to the T

Yes you do. Kill you're a self if you don't spell properly.

Do you really believe that?

which part

I just finished cooking and tried what you guys suggested about removing the fat and it turned out great.

Advice on Veeky Forums that actually works, I'm impressed.

Are you really that dense?

Run the fucking hot water tap after pouring it down the sink. Or even better, throw your dirty dishwater away at the exact same time.

Fuck me people like you are the reason we get stupid myths.

Thanks for the idea - never thought of doing that before! Grease is so obnoxious to deal with.

You could use some of the grease from the meat to cook your vegetables. I don't see how they can restrict you completely from disposing of "bio" stuff along with regular trash.

What country do you live in? Even in Japan the occasional recyclable was fine in the burnables if you weren't egregious with it

No, YOU are really dense for clogging up your septic/sewer with grease. Running hot water will get it through your pipes but you think it won't solidify later on?

businessinsider.com/why-cant-you-pour-grease-down-the-drain-2014-8

I'm impressed you got mostly real advice and not a bunch of memes.

Who the fuck cares? That's a municipal problem. The fat you eat is going to the same place.

I bet you shed a tear for every plastic bottle that goes into the landfill.

>I can only afford 23% fat beef
that's a lie nigger. just eat meat half as much as you do now and you'll be able to afford leaner mince.

>the meat itself will still have a thick film of fat
No more than when you brown up 90/10 or 95/5, both of which you still have to drain. Just drain well, several times with reheating if necessary, and you're fine.

>what happens when I wash a greasy pan?
Soap is a surfactant. It makes fine globules of fat dissolve in water so it can be washed off and carried along