What'd you eat for St. Patty's day Veeky Forums?

What'd you eat for St. Patty's day Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

foodtimeline.org/foodireland.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It looks like th Incredible Hulk took a fat shit in your plate. Is this /co/ck/?

I can't tell if I'm getting old or if I've just seen literal shit on spaghetti.

I had bbq chicken, potatoes, and corn. earlier I had some toast and some yogurt.

lmaoooooooooooo that's a nasty case of diarrhea dude

>lmaoooooooooooo
are you even old enough to post here?

Looks like shrek took a big ogre shit on your plate m8 lol

I had spag-bolo, just for me. St. Patty can go fuck himself.

Why would I celebrate the Irish

Vodka and jimmy johns

>le everything is green XDDDDD

no you perv.

I shouldn't have laughed that hard.

Back2Reddit

Slow cooked cabbage and corned beef, like a good goy.

>corned beef
That staple of Irish cuisine.
Nice.

Champ or boxty/poudies would probably be the "staple" cuisine of Ireland.

Like. A. Good. Goy.

duh

I simmered a corned beef brisket in the crock pot yesterday while I went out.

Today, I plan to have a thick yummy warmed corned beef sandwich on rye, with german coarse mustard and a cold coconut porter. Red potato salad with dill on the side. Kosher half sour pickles.

irish as fuck dude

Same as usual, because I'm not Irish.

Pizza.

Went over my friend's house and his family made 10/10 homemade pizza.

>
>irish as fuck dude
oh, is this breaking news or something? I don't think so. I live on the water so seafood isn't on the menu this day each year by choice. I get it enough that I don't need to be autism like you and act like 150 years of US Irish Celebration association history should be ignored.

If you want to be corrected entirely like corned beef didn't exist in traditional irish diets, go ahead and get this 12th century irish vision poetry Aislinge_Meic_Con_Glinne where corned beef is lovingly prepared for festivities for the wealthy. Was there much use for cattle farming in ancient ireland for food reasons, no lambs were more suited for that? Cattle was mostly dairy cows, because...poverty and more efficient use of them. But, they had to be slaughtered eventually and consumed, and preserved. It was a rare treat for all.

Leftovers Round 1 pictured.

That poem is referring to dried, smoked beef.
Kind of like jerky, that's how the Irish preserved it.
Not corned beef though, sorry.

Acceptable:
>Saint Patrick's Day
>Saint Paddy's Day

White trash flyover tier:
>Saint Patty's Day

>dinner
Three pints of Guinness, some cod, and some soda bread.

>That poem is referring to dried, smoked beef.
>Kind of like jerky, that's how the Irish preserved it.

LOL, good try. This shit is recorded well throughout history.
Salt brining is one of the oldest food preservations and it was common with the Celts since 1 BC in Ireland.

"described by Posidonius (135-51 BC)...The diners sat on the ground on straw or hides, and ate their meat with their fingers in a cleanly by leonine fashion, raising up whole limbs in both hands and biting off the meat, while any part that is hard to tear off they cut through with a small dagger which hangs attached to their swordsheath in its own scabbard'. They were waited upon by t heir older sons and daughters. Beside them are hearths blazing with fire, with cauldrons and spits containing large pieces of meat. Brave warriors they honor with the finest portions of the meat.' The Celtic Iron Age saw the establishment of salt working around Britain coasts. The salt helped to preserve meat for winter use, and especially the pork so well loved by the Celts."
foodtimeline.org/foodireland.html

Not who your responding to but it bore little resemblance to corn beef today. They most certainly didn't have access to bay leaf, cloves, coriander seed, ginger, allspice, peppercorns or cinammon. It probably bore more resemblance to the salt packed beef used by the 18th and 19th century navys.

Irish Car Bombs of course