Tfw rejected for publication again

>tfw rejected for publication again

STEM is the move, bud

How many rejection letters is that, user?

I keep reading about a 1% acceptance rate for unsolicited works, so that can give you some sense of how many more you got.

>tfw gf submits first ever play to a few publications.
>two months later, receives an offer.
>about to accept when she receives an even better offer.

I already have a STEM degree and have co-author credits for several papers.

I've lost count, but I submit to several publications per week.

What did she do?

The acceptance rate for anything worthwhile is like 1 in 10 or better.

Contrary to popular belief, publishers and agents would sell their grandmothers to find anything even barely workable. They all quite like money you see. There is certainly no conspiracy against talent, just a sort of shell-shock that sets in its apparent absence from the world.

The trex that gets submitted is terrifying. Unfortunately most would-be authors don't seem to believe in even reading any other books, much less learning basic things from them. Read, read and read some more until you know what a book is supposed to look like. If you can tell the difference, write your book and make sure you've done nothing barbarous.

1 in 10 isn't too great either (keeping in mind the gamblers fallacy) but don't be too put off either. 1% is probably a very high estimate against unsolicited m/s but you can't begin to comprehend how much utter, utter shit that gets committed to paper. If it was really 1%, civilisation would break down.

And after that bar is passed, lets not even start on the number of people who don't understand that they have to do revisions etc.

>self-publish on Lulu
>$20 starting
>vacation to anywhere in the US I want

1/10 sounds quite high. What are you basing these statistics on? Is this for publishing books alone or does it also consider submissions to literary magazines and journals?

Never saw it as an option. You're unlikely to make enough money for the effort of self-publishing to be worthwhile. And I don't see why I should pay so others can have the privilege of reading my literature.

Why do you keep shitposting this thread?

How old is your girlfriend?

I'm chronicling my rise to literary success. I'm extremely prolific, submitting to magazines at least once a week.

she's gonna get fucked

Doesn't Amazon have some self-publishing thing?

And they let you keep 70% of retail. Better than any big publisher out there.

True story.

AGAIN MY LITTLE NIGGA?! YOU GOT REJECTED AGAIN?! SHIT WHAT THE FUCK

I was in NYC this past year and we saw a few plays.

One was a modern play about an autistic kid and a dead dog or something. We ended up walking out because it was trying so hard to be modern and contemporary, it was embarrasing.
So to be fair, her play might've been some shitty tryhard play like that thatll be forgotten in two months

Do you even realize what Publishers provide? paying upfront costs for editing and proofing can bankrupt you.

Please don't imply on me hard, my dude. I know what publishers provide (and what what they claim to provide). I was speaking _only_ of margins.

It was an oblique way of suggesting that instead of playing Rejection Letter Scavenger Hunt, he could self-publish, and use that as a tool to attract a "real" publisher.

>'modern' play
>its curious incident of the dog in the night time

>trying to be 'modern'
>script is essentially lifted from the book, the only contemporary feature being the stage design.

You 'walked out' of the most standard, slightly pleb, popcorn-entertainment-theater? That must be the most bitchy, pretentious thing I've read in a while on here. You sound like a shit couple, I'd hate to know you.

A fetus

Keep yo head up my little nigga