Let's all rank the following fields from best to last: (in no particular order here) Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics...

Let's all rank the following fields from best to last: (in no particular order here) Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Biology, Computer Science

Note:

The last one is done for you.

_____, _____, _____, _____, _____, Engineering

on what metrics

Mathematics > Chemistry > Physics > Biology Computer Science > Engineering

/thread

Engineering
CS
Math
Chemistry
Biology
Physics

>Chemistry over Physics
>Biology over CS
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Math
Physics
Chemistry
Biology
All other degrees not listed
Gender Studies
Computer Science
Engineering

From highest to least impact to society:
Biology
Eng
Chemistry
Physics
CS
Math

t. biotechnologist

>posted this using a rock that gets hit repeatedly by tiny lightning

>biotech

>ranks physics, math and chem lower than bio

lmao

Anime > Chemistry > Biology > Statistics > Medicine

Ding ding ding

Medicine > Statistics > Biology > Chemistry > Weebs > Physics

Fix'd

physics, mathematics, chemistry, biology

Engineering uses pieces of all of them and therefore cannot be ranked between any of them, let alone the fact that we aren't specifying which engineering.

>Fix'd
Weebs > People who improperly use punctuation
Fixed

I haven't met anyone who specifically places physics on the low end of the spectrum who hasn't themselves failed to be good at physics.

computer science is top because you can get paid good money with a BSC for stupid bullshit like coding fart apps. all of those other fields require at least a masters to make good cash (most of the time a PHD is not worth the time, in that you'd make more money just hopping into industry with a Masters; the offset in time from whatever extra you'd make with a PHD is not worth it). i have no desire to stick around academia any longer than necessary, so all of those other fields are automatically worse. Hope This Helps

I haven't met anyone who specifically places mathematics below physics who hasn't themselves failed to be good at mathematics.

obviously the only correct answer is:
Physics, mathematics, computer science, biology, engineering, chemistry

I love math but suck at it, but I still place it either above or tied with mathematics.

The difference is I'm not butthurt about the fact that I suck at proving things.

tied with physics*

>tfw biophysics

lol what does biology have to do with physics

fuck a biophysicist

what doesn't have to do with physics

Everything has everything to do with physics, schlomo.

ok, fuck biophysics but you are dumb as shit if you don't see the applications of physics to biology

name 1

Define "1"

when you run, its d=rt

Cellular biophysics, to see many limits of cell behavior through the applications of laws of physics, to name just 1 of an infinite set of applications

Physics of cell to cell interactions, cell communication (esp, neurons) for micro-scale. Cardiac muscle pulse and electromotive force, etc. for macro-scale.

Mechanics, forces mostly, and sport/health.

Also pH of the blood.

Who's the assblasted turbosperg that keeps making all these 'lol engineers xDDD' threads

Chemistry=Mathematics=Physics=Engineering=Biology>""""Computer"""" """"""""Science""""""""

Biology is more interesting than Physics and Math

>math>chemistry=physics=engineering=biology>""""computer"""" """"""""science""""""""

i saw your typo and took the liberty of fixing it so you didn't have to be embarrassed

Yeah when you think about what proteins are physically doing, its all coming down to interactions between atoms and thats all governed by physics

>tfw I actually forgot to do that

still not sure why you people have such a visceral hate for computer science. yeah, it's not nearly as rigorous as math or physics, but it's legit

It's half a meme and half pretentious undergrads.

astronomy is just mathematics
physics is just mathematics
chemistry is just applied mathematics
engineering is just applied mathematics
biology is just a way to fuck dumb girls
computer science is just applied mathematics

are you fucking memeing me?

>tfw biochem astrophysicist 4-star general

Medicine > The rest
Come at me faggots

Physics - most fundamental, broad education
Mathematics - teaches logical thinking
Computer Science - best employment prospects
Engineering - most practical?
Chemistry - interesting, shitty employment prospects
Biology - trivial memorization bullshit, decent employment prospects

That said, these threads are a fucking disease - if most people who say "maths and physics only good majors" on this board actually went to university they'd bomb really fucking hard. But they don't - most of them are just plumbers or work at mcdonalds

Physics - most fundamental, broad education
Mathematics - teaches logical thinking
Computer Science - best current employment prospects that will go away when the bubble bursts because we don't need you to make fart apps anymore
Engineering - practically a vocational degree and best employment prospects if you don't mind working in butt fuck, nowhere USA
Chemistry - interesting, shitty employment prospects, Most Likely To Work At An Inner City School Award 1st place winner
Biology - trivial memorization bullshit, decent employment prospects

ftfy

Computer scientists don't just make apps. Most businesses need database admins, web developers, etc.

these people aren't computer scientists. they're programmers/"web devs" or at best software engineers, definitely not computer scientists.

Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Engineering (dealw/it), Biology, CompSci,

I wonder what basis Engineering works on.
If anything, it's fucking last.

see

ecology/ evolution, theoretical physics and biology, cognitive neuroscience/philosophy of the mind, systems science/network science, math, earth system science and engineering> other life sciences, other philosophy >shit I'm not bothered to list and engineers >literal shit >business, finance, economics(econ is a waste of good brainpower)

And I haven't even included the real top teir because it's interdisciplinary
>biosemiotics
>evolutionary ecology
Ect

the type of engineer goes with the thing it's closest to.

mechanical, aerospace, and nuclear engineers go with physics

environmental/biological go with biology

chemical goes with chemistry

etc...

you can't compare engineering to these other subjects. that makes no sense. maybe if you retards made this more detailed and just not "all of physics, all of chemistry etc.." this would actually make sense.

>pure math
>theoretical physics
>applied math(including CS, not programmers or software developers)
>applied physics
>electrical/computer engineering
>mechanical/aerospace/nuclear engineering
>chemistry
>biology
>biological engineering
>chemical engineering
>environmental engineering
>civil engineering
>computer science(programmers and software developers)

the only accurate post here

Agreed. Switched from CompSci to math, but only after taking a lot of programming classes. We like in the 21st century, knowing how computers work is useful no matter what you do. I

>biology is for the mathematically impaired
I'm laughing at you, I'm a mathematically impaired biologist and I know for a fact you are wrong. Learn about theoretical biology and ecology fag.
Also
Life>>>>>>>>>>>>>>math