How to make good homemade ramen?

How to make good homemade ramen?

Other urls found in this thread:

cookpad.com/search/ラーメン
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

practice

This is relevant to my interests

What's the quickest you can make a decent pork ramen? I love ramen but it takes forever to make

there is no shortcut

Good tasting broth make sure the noodle texture is good

You can't cheat on good stock/broth.

Go to a Japanese cooking site and use Google Translate, or you'll end up with "almost-ramen".
>mfw I've seen ramen restaurants in the US use bacon and lettuce instead of the actual ingredients.

Are you Japanese? If not, just give up now.

cookpad.com/search/ラーメン

What do you mean? Just follow the god dammed instructions

take your time. make it a ritual.

Pressure cooker.

At least you shave some time off.

this.

I posted these photos earlier in the week, but they were off-topic so I'll post them again here.

God tier ramen stock in about 3.5 hours.

First step. Chicken wings & pig's feet on a roasting tray. (you could also use hocks if you like). Heat your oven to 425F

Same thing with chicken feet.

Get both trays in the oven and roast them until golden.

Transfer to the pressure cooker. Hocks and wings are in the bottom; chicken feet are on top. The dark stuff is Chinese ham.

After 3 hours at 1 bar.

put your ass into it

If you want to make tonkotsu broth that's harder to cheat with. You can start the cooking using a pressure cooker, but you still need to cook it for a couple hours (at least) at a full-on rolling boil in order to emulsify the fat with the stock. The fastest I've been able to make it well was with this method:
-soak pork bones, hocks, and feet in many changes of cold water; you need to get out all the blood or it will give your stock a nasty gray color.
-put the bones, etc, in a pot of cold water and put on the heat. Bring to a simmer. Skim and discard any scum that comes off. Discard the water, rinse the bones/feet/etc in cold running water.
-put the bones, etc, in your pressure cooker. 3 hours at 1 bar.
-take the lid off, cook at a rolling boil for 2 hours, adding water as needed to make up for evaporation.

The nice thing about ramen stock is that it freezes well. So make a big batch of it then portion it up in the freezer. Then when you want some ramen all you have to do is thaw and heat a pre-made portion.

I have all the ingredients for this recipe, thoughts? I will probably roast the pork and chicken bones which is not mentioned. It will be my first time making ramen broth.

Seems like a good recipe overall. My only gripe with it is the suggestion to char the onions in vegetable oil. Charring + oil is a bad combination. If you want to char them then do so under a broiler or on a grill so that there is no oil involved. Charring oil tastes bad and creates carcinogens.