Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BDVg0u2YQ7Q
foodwishes.blogspot.com/2016/09/how-to-make-perfect-instant-mashed.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes

no

fuck you

CHEF JOHN FROM FOOOOOOOOODWISHES.COM

I like his videos because the recipes are pretty simple. And he has a soothing voice.

cooks way too much unhealthy shit but his recipes are always solid at least

he got me through not drinking when I had untreated ulcerative colitis by watching like 3 of his vids every night to get me to sleep (not a joke)

his cadence is fucking irritating.

Soothing voice but the way he talks kinda pisses me off and he adds weird inflections with his words.

He'll start with a few words...

then he'll take a small pause....

and suddenly, he'll make a joke...

which won't be bad....

but then he'll pause again.....

and then it starts all over...

again and I hate it.....

A prime example.....

would be this video....

youtube.com/watch?v=BDVg0u2YQ7Q

Goddamn it, yes this is exactly what I was talking about here:

He's a great chef, and knows his food science, but never plays it up. Incredibly humble; so much so that when he fucks up, he shows you and explains how and why. He's also a great showman and teacher. His recipes are explained in a way that anyone can learn and do them. And he's got a great sense of humor to top it all off. He's playful and sarcastic in a way that I think you don't catch right away if yer not familiar with him.

I like how everything is a close up of the actual food so you can clearly see what's going on. I like the narration too. His style has wide appeal I guess

This is key here. The food and cooking techniques are given complete and total focus, while Chef John just sorta diffuses into the background, or the errant mixing bowl reflection, as an authoritative ethereal voice like watching a David Attenborough documentary.

At first his voice irritated me, but I started to enjoy it after a while, and he's never steered me wrong.

My dad has the same halting way of speaking that he does, so it doesn't bother me. But is is easily an order of magnitude better than any other youtube chef

Why does it happen?

he's pretty great, and once you get used to his way of speaking it's actually pretty soothing

this thread made me look his videos up. I watched a video where he makes a peanut curry and he says to use ketchup in it?

like I don't think that's right but I've never made curry before

I looked up which one that was and apparently he was going off another restaurant's recipe, in his other curries he always does tomato paste.

well the premise of his show is food wishes the viewers have - i don't think very many people are wishing for a good kale salad recipe

i've heard a lot of complaints about the way he talks but it's pretty fitting to his personality. i've only tried maybe five or six of his recipes so far but they've all been really solid.

ah okay

I guess it makes sense the way he put it, with the tomato and acid and sugar in it

just seemed weird to me. I'm actually looking forward to making that when Im not fucking broke

get well soon!

Dude has solid recipes.

He's legit.

Are you still not drinking?

He's Jack-tier. So no, he's garbage.

I credit my cooking skills to chef john.

I have been watching hes videos for years. I rarely copy any of his recipies, but I take notes of all of the techniques.

Idiot

why are you angry...

people are allowed to have different opinions....

now we'll throw in the ginger...

I've learned more from Food Wishes than I ever did from Good Eats

I pretty much never actually do his recipes as he does them but I've picked up a ton of techniques

Mother fucker pisses me off he does the main thing before the bread or or roll for the shit and then makes you wait a week

I agree.....

Opinions are necessary....

for society to thrive....

but your opinion...

is absolutely shit....

You are comparing a professional chef to some fat slob who can't cook for shit. So no, you are not allowed to have this opinion, because it has no basis on reality.

Why don't you give us someone you like so we all can laugh at point at you for how shitty the person you like is?

ellipses much?

Chef John is so good and if anyone disagrees with me they should kill thy selve's.

I wish he made more videos than he does, I personally look forward to his new uploads every week.

Sandra Lee

It's almost like....

You didn't get the joke...

But that's okay....

because you're...

autistic and don't understand....

at least I don't type like a faggot

I think one of Chef John's secret of success is that he genuinely enjoys teaching people how to cook. His account is not about feeding his ego or getting dem dollarydoos.

In my dads case he had a stutter when a child and it developed after speech therapy

I like him but that good damn rising inflection pisses me off so much

California was a mistake

WIIIIIITH...

is that what he really looks like?

Chef John is actually from Western New York

chef john is fucking savage

damn chef John is a big guy

thank you :)

nah I started drinking again but only on the weekends so it sorta gives me something to look forward to instead of just drinking every single day

yes

Wouldn't say he is amazing but he has a very nice style of a 'cooking show'
A nice clear voice, good instructions generally and fairly amusing without being obnoxious

The recipes are mostly decent

CAYENNE PEPPER SQUAD UP IN THIS BIEAAAATCH

wow can't read this w/o his voice in my head

wtf I love chef John now

Whats the worst recipe Chef John has ever done that he didn't himself admit was bad?

that layered salad in a jar thing was pretty gay

He uses less salt and sugar than fast food franchises though.

His food isn't unhealthy as long as he exercises.

eggplant bacon

Has to be the instant mashed potato video. He just followed the directions from the package. That's probably what the company told him to do. Also his angry comments. That's the only one I've seen. His voice, bad jokes and the way he drones on makes this video unwatchable and it was under 5 minutes. If I pay him $100 do you think he'll let me throw a pie at his face while on camera?

link? sounds hilarious

Yeah he's got some pretty dope recipes and he presents them in a really nice way in my opinion.

The way he speaks can be a bit annoying at times but if you're purely in for the recipes, yeah he's bretty good.

Chef John is a cool guy. In every video the focus is entirely on the ingredients and preparation. We should all hope he maintains this quality and doesn't whore himself out or go full e-celeb

Chef John is only good at classic Americana dishes or Eye-talian dishes. His ethnic dishes are shit.

Sports drink which he proceeded to add cheyenne.

wheres your youtube channel with 2 million subscribers so you can show us how to do it better?

oh you dont have one?

oh you dont have any friends?

oh youre an autistic shitposting on Veeky Forums?

ok

good cook but can't deal with the upwards inflection at the end of everything he says

Do you know what an opinion is, you dumb fucker? When you criticize movies, do you go around trying to make a better one?

I tried it and it was actually really good.
Cayenne has a really subtle flavor when used in small amounts.

Yes

no hes a sellout like all the other youtube chefs

For me it's not that he's a great chef (though I do like his recipes) but rather the fact that he isn't a twat about cooking.

Nearly every YouTube "chef" is either a housewife in her kitchen being filmed on a camcorder, Tasty-style "pour melted cheese over it until you run out of cheese!" artery clogging shit, or "man cooking" barbeque shit starring some redneck behind his ramshackle house.

Chef John admits when parts of a recipe don't work, admits his fuckups, and engages the viewer without being a douche.

Also I sexually roleplay as Chef John with my wife.

>you aren't allowed to criticize something unless you're an expert on the topic

What's it like being 13? I don't need to be a professional chef to say dog shit tastes bad.

"After all, you ARE the master of your blaster."

I could go all day but I have not the energy.
Go in my stead, friends. Chef john sex rp time.

Hi, this is Chef John from FOOD wishes DOT come wiiiiiitttthhh

Fucking that wet snatch until you bust! That's right!

Now, I like to start off with some light fingering...

But if you don't, that's okay!

Just make sure that pussy is good and wet...

And everything will work out!

I like Chef John's voice. Plus, I've learned a lot from him. He's pretty GOAT.

is it
>sheff
or
>tcheff

lmoa
foodwishes.blogspot.com/2016/09/how-to-make-perfect-instant-mashed.html

You can't be "pretty GOAT". You're either GOAT or you aren't.

The joke
Your head.

He is fully GOAT.

how is my head a joke especially since you haven't even seen it dumbass

He was right though if you look at his analytics the video didn't impact his subscriber base at all.

maybe, but doesn't change the fact he sperged out like a bitch

>Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to light this cigar with a hundred dollar bill to celebrate.
Holy shit BTFO. Does becoming a pro chef inoculate you against shitposts?

Yep, yep. But of course subscriber base isn't the issue for all these youtubers. Ad rev is paying less and less every year. It'll be over soon for folks that don't have legions of legions of subs like pewdiepie and the like

His cadence and inflection irritate me a little, but other than that he seems like a genuinely nice, chill kind of guy.

i've made a lot of his recepies, they're mostly pretty simple and tasty. overall a 9/10 site

Not gonna lie, after I saw this video I bought that brand of instant potatoes at the grocery store. They actually are the best instant potatoes you can get, taste almost like fresh. I have like 6 packets in my pantry right now for lazy days where I need a quick side.

AND

AS

ALWAYS

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNJOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I hardly call that "sperging out". He was pretty calm about it actually and he has every right to defend his channel and the choices he makes for it. Jesus christ kill yourself.

he made a lot more comments than that one, that was one of like fifty

My sides.

ive seen lots of curry recipes that ask for ketchup

weird at first but actually normal

Ketchup can be a decent substitute for tomato paste if you cook it down, or just straight if you would need to add some manner of sweetener later.

helloo this iiis cheeeef joooooooooooohn from fooooooooodwishesdotcoooooooom

Makes sense. Ketchup is basically tomato + vinegar, and both of those are common curry ingredients.

He's got an onion ring recipe where his "secret ingredient" in the batter is instant mashed potatoes.

I tried it and it really works. Crunchiest breading I've ever had, but a wide margin.

started using that shit in literally everything i make because of glorious Chef John