>Flowchart: i.imgur.com/uykqKJn.jpg/

Science Fiction
>Selected: i.imgur.com/A96mTQX.jpg/
>imgur.com/a/90laS
>General: i.imgur.com/r55ODlL.jpg/
>i.imgur.com/gNTrDmc.jpg/

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=How to type in the English language?
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bring out yer charts!

You didn't put SFFG in the subject OP

Bloody hell user. This might be the most shit OP we've ever had.

On the topic of reddit being bad for recs may I recommend Bakker and Stevian's "To kill a god"

>Pages read: 21

Actual start of a top rated goodreads review

being a faggot, as usual.

>tfw my backlog is huge as fuck and i still havent read a single book on any /sffg/ chart.
>tfw the months are turning into years and i still havent read any of these.
>tfw i will die before i read everything i want to read in this life.

Stop watching tv.

>reading joint projects ever

Its always a mess, no exceptions

No man. Rec Bakkers work and the book by Stevian

But I enjoyed Bakker's work so I guess we have different opinions

My ereader now crashes my pc whenever it's plugged in

Thanks ms/kobo you incompetent fucks

That's why you get a Kindle.

Kindle had the same issue back in august

(But they do have much better customer support)

feed me your hate and displeasure

Sounds like a problem that exists between monitor and chair

I never had such an issue.

PEBKAC

Stop shilling your fucking book Stevian. Advertising used to be a bannable offense, maybe hiro might think so too seeing as you are taking money out of his pocket.

Im not steve but i did just yesterday buy the book and I have never read anything like it, its just amazing
Its on amazon btw

Any books with stupidly high power levels? Like straight-up anime-style throwing planets at each other and shit?

The Lensman series.

What are some good fantasy or scifi short stories?

>the warded man was quite cool
>next book is just shitty muslim garbage so far

The two Witcher short story collections are good. Better than the larger series too.
Sandkings by GRRM gets recommended every time someone asks about short stories.

Where do I post the first chapter of my fantasy book to raise interest?

>shilling so blatantly

Either release it all or dont at all

>resort to stale reddit meme edition

I'm a little bitch, user.

>interesting fights, skilled weapon masters and interesting characters
Chronicles of Amber tbqhwyf.

>broken empire trilogy
i heard thats some of the worst edgelord fantasy out there.

It can't be worse than Brent Weeks

oh i agree. i HAVE read brent weeks and the night angel trilogy is some of the worst. i was just laughing at how ridiculous it was. at one point i was even wondering if the author wrote it ironically or something.
but some user told me a while ago that prince of thorns was worse but i dont know how you could possible be worse than brent weeks.

Anybody here ever read Farmer's Opar books? Are they any good?

i dont even watch tv. its mostly Veeky Forums and school.

Literally no one will care.

To your agent.

seen a setting that connects flavors to elements?

I figure
>Spicy: fire
>Minty: ice
>Sour: water
>Salty: earth
>Bitter: darkness
>Sweet: light
>Fizzy: electricity
>Metallic: metal
>Umami: ???
>Fatty: ???

Umami: Wood
Fatty: Ice again

why? If we're throwing in wood, why not make sweet wood since sugar is only created by plants. what does fat have to do with ice

Any recs for dungeon crawls?

in this case your only options are light novels and webcomics inspired by DnD, neither of which are considered literature.

Personally, I recommend Order of the Stick which is fairly witty and really some top tier metafiction. In all honesty though most of the dungeon crawling is confined to the beginning.

Also, while it's not based on RPGs, I really recommend Girl Genius. It's a long-running steampunk series that actually won the hugo award for best webcomic several years in a row. A huge portion of the comic takes place in the dungeons of creepy romanian castles full of traps, monsters, AI, ancient evils, cursed wellsprings and so many mad scientists it's actually considered a psychopathological epidemic

It's like you've never even read any pulp. Jack Vance's corpus especially is brimming with dungeon crawls.

I often forget that pulp other than lovecraft still exists.

honestly, he's got quite a bit of dungeon crawling

Wood and umami because barrels (storage for meat), hunting, cooking fires, salmon and mahogany, etc. Ice and fatty because blubber, essential diet for extreme cold environments, etc.

Alright /sffg/ what should i read next?
>Grace of Kings
>Hyperion
>2010: Odyssey Two
>Lord of the Rings
>The Book of the New Sun
I know what you're thinking. "You havent read book of the new sun yet? What kind of faggot are you?"
but should i read gene wolfe now or should i work my way through other /sffg/ fiction before i get into the book of the new sun?

im also open to other recommendations.

2001 sequels are trash. So is 2001.

say it aint so

Snow Crash was what got me back into sci-fi/reading fiction in general. really fun read with some interesting ideas on how people thought the future could've ended up.

Repostan:
I'm a huge fan of Robert Jordans Wheel of Time but have not read anything else by him. Is his Conan books any good? And what about his other novels?

Same, but nowadays I feel like Neuromancer is the better of the two, since they're always compared to each other.

Any good fiction out there with angels and demons and whatnot that basically draw from the bible as a sort of mythology

Hey people;

I am not a native english speaker, but im trying to improve, and i tought a good way would be reading easy and fun scifi-f books.

I like Tolkien, Lewis, PkD and recently i read Ender's game (all translated, cuz i was lazy) and had a lot of fun, what should be some good entry level books for me to practice?

tks

Good Omens

Anything that's a bit more serious sounding? It's labeled as a comedic novel. Nothing wrong with that, just not what I was hoping for

Thought they were massively boring and repetitive. Read one of them, maybe.

House of Shattered Wings. Haven't read it, but I think that's what you're looking for. De Bodard is total SJW but also totally autistic so it sort of balances out. Also there was that book about the city on a chain over the abyss, and also Neverwhere. Actually, Gaiman's short story Murder Mystery is better than Neverwhere and it's all angels and demon.

Jack Campbell's The Lost Fleet is written very simply. You could also try Alan Dean Foster or Star Trek/Star Wars novelizations, or even just middle grade/YA. Bruce Coville's super-fun and he writes for 12-year-olds.

Hyperion is a very fun collection of stories that at connected by some vague overarching plot which becomes the focus in the second novel. The second one is also worse than the first and 3rd and 4th are by most seen as awful.
I would recommend it, fun read.
LorR was something I read when I was 14, I don't remember jack shit. I read everything else Tolkien wrote last year and Children of Hurin and Silmarillion were amazing.
Book of the New Sun is hands down the absolute best work in all of sff, without any contest. It's a sublime work of beauty that hits so many notes perfectly it's hard not to remember the awe I felt while reading it every few days.
Both Neuromancer and Snow Crash are garbage.
Both have awful characterisation, horrible prose, Neuromancer being worse, dull plots and the feeling of cringe is something I couldn't shake off. It was as if a fedora was tipped after every page.

Thanks, a lot of what I've seen had just been romance or young adult.

>The second one is also worse than the first
lol no, the first one isn't even worth reading without the pay off in the second

Hey bakkerfags, if mimmara gives birth to her twins, how fucked up will they be because of qirri?

Lots in Ted Chiang's book.

LotR is a must if you haven't already read it.

Yeah read other stuff before Wolfe.

God's Demon by Wayne Barlowe (thought this one was pretty cool. dude's an artist so it had great imagery)
The Book of Joby by Mark J. Ferrari (I didn't like this one all that much)
The Book of All Hours by Hal Duncan (also has a lot of Sumerian mythology stuff. loved this duology, read up on it though as it's not everyone's cup of tea)
Escape from Hell! also by Hal Duncan (short and fun)

Think Like a Dinosaur.

>running and jumping like that in a super short skirt
>panty doesn't show
>even in odd angles the skirt changes properties to grow longer and cover the crotch
>physics

I never understand anime. If you are animating people to move as close as a real person why would you have the clothes act funny to hide their privates? Just have them wear pants or those rubber stockings.

I assume so that people burnt out from all the other anime wherein all action shots are taken from just below the crotch will watch it.

>as a real person
>implying anyone watches anime to be around real persons

>LotR is a must if you haven't already read it.
No it isn't. I read the hobbit and enjoyed it but couldn't get a quarter way into the first lotr book.

The book is shit and isn't a must for fantasy readers. Fuck you and your misinformation but seeing as how you think botns was the best fantasy book ever written I know you are a fucking troll.

Go kys faglord

>how to make someone hate reading for fun the post

>unable to enjoy one of the most beloved fantasy works of the modern era
>takes it out on everyone else
What books do you enjoy?

I'm not the only one user. Also
>modern
Are you a dinoposter in disguise trying to ruse me?

Read Fall of Hyperion if you haven't already, but avoid the other sequels unless you're a real masochist.

If you are not a shill post a torrent or download.

How can it be an amazing book if I can't pirate it?

Whats up with authors saying membet or we instead of dick cock penis etc

>I'm not the only one user.
This is supposed to surprise me or alter my opinion somehow?
>trying to ruse me?
Most likely we just differ as to the meaning of the word modern in this context.

What's wrong with the sequels?

>implying women with the judging eye can have live births

Who is the fag from Australia downloading the Thomas Covenant Audiobook?

lmgtfy.com/?q=How to type in the English language?

Thomas covenant is great and you know it

You must be stupid if you didnt understand what i wrote

Shut up and give us your recs Bakkerfag.

It is not, and they are leeching from me.

>heh imma call him stupid when my post had no discernible cohesion.

>couldnt understand a simple sentence
>tries to save face

Why even bother

I think you are confused my good chap. You tried to save face as seen in

I know it's 12 hours late but grace of kings. It's really just straight-up fun, and actually feels good

Some Americlap is now trying to get the Host by Stephanie Meyer.

>it's another "muh dinoposter" episode

LOL THEY RAN.

They probably spooked when they saw they were being monitored.

If you cant look past typos then youre the onr in need of thr lmgtfy

Umami = spirit

Fatty = OP

>no thread title
Fuck you OP

This list has so much trash, honestly.

I've realised since my ereader broke that I won next to no SFF in physical form. It's all either big L literature or comics

Thanks conan poster. Please post your chart.

They overthink and over-complicate the original story, and in my opinion worsen the experience. I didn't enjoy them at all. Although to be fair I read them a good year after the original two, perhaps it goes better in quick succession.