I have a moral dilemma that happened over the weekend

I have a moral dilemma that happened over the weekend.

I was with a date at a bar, and we decided to sit down at a booth. The bar was quite crowded.
After about 10 minutes a girl came up to us and asked if she could use the booth because she has 5 friends that need to sit down somewhere and there is only 2 of us here hogging the booth.
I told her it doesn't matter how many people are sitting here, this booth ia taken. She got angry about it and called me selfish, trying to shame me into giving it up. I told her to imagine 6 people in this booth if it makes her rest easier.
Her friends were all glaring at us, and one of them leaned over and said what we were doing was poor manners.

Was I in the right to not give it up?

They were discourteous.

Yes, it was yours. It may be a waste of space but so long as the booth is available to any number of people according to bar rules, then there is nothing wrong. You shouldn't have to make yourself uncomfortable (by sitting at a table, or whatever smaller place was available) for perfect strangers when you're within your rights to stay the course. That's partly how I see it, anyway.

This is not literature, but those fuckers were wrong. I have mixed feelings about you, OP.

The person asking you to move did not seem to be offering an amicable seating arrangement in the proposed exchange, so I think you were justified.

What did your date think of your decision?

Wh

Was there seating available that you could have moved to?

A lot hinges on that.

Nothing hinges on that.

The booth was your property. End of discussion.

>B-but spooks
hahahaha fuck off.

Actually, the booth was and still is the property of the proprietor of the establishment.

And you can't just disregard common courtesy with some "We were here first" line of reasoning. If there was seating for two elsewhere, then it is good manners to relinquish the booth to the party with a more desperate need for space.

Op did nothing wrong

But did you fug? :DDD

OP is obviously American. If there was another seat you should have moved.

If you can exercise and maintain control over it, it's your property. Private property is just a phantasm of the mind, as are manners. They should be disregarded if they come between you and what you want.

That's a mindset that will get you shot someday, user.

If that's how Americans do it, I have only my respect for them. But your European "share my bed with a bunch of muslims" mentality is pathetic.

>Comparing having the courtesy to give up a big enough space for a group to sit together to allowing literal invaders to have their way with your country

>They should be disregarded if they come between you and what you want.
Unless I wanted to get shot, you're wrong.

It sounds like the only other option was the bar. A booth and the bar are completely different and the bar isn't very good for a date.
The other group could saddle up at the bar or go somewhere else, they should come earlier next time or call ahead to make sure they get a spot.
OP doesn't have to sacrifice his date for them.

It all starts with small gestures, bud.

What if you want something that someone doesn't want you to have, and thus shoots you over it?

Well if that's true then he was in the right. He can't be expected to go so far out of his way to accomodate strangers but if there was, say a table with two seats then he should have moved to it.

You are free to shoot them first, if you are so able.

He doesn't have to, but it would be the courteous thing to do.

I have to question OP's choice of setting for a date too, now that it came up. Wouldn't a reservation at a restaurant or something similar have avoided problems exactly like this?

A pretty destructive viewpoint, don't you think?

You've never went to a bar for a date?

Agreed
>Party of 6
>Lol let's eat at a popular place
>Oh no it's full and we are incapable of forethought
>Let's inadvertently risk cock-blocking some dude who was there first

You know what, fuck those people