I have 3/4 of a beer keg on my deck right now. It's a nice IPA. I've already given away lots to friends...

I have 3/4 of a beer keg on my deck right now. It's a nice IPA. I've already given away lots to friends, stored plenty in growlers, and have been drinking it instead of water, but I need more ways to use it. I have the keg until Monday.

I need every conceivable idea on how to use this fruity IPA Veeky Forums. No idea is too outlandish.

beer vinegar

Explain.

Instead of vinegear you use the beer as a substitute.

It's just a keg. Get drinking.

no

get some unpasturized vinegar (the kind with a mother) and put in with some of the beer and leave it somewhere warmish (like room temp) for a few months and it will make something like malt vinegar

Get some Brats & boil them in beer

I've never tried either of these before.

Sound intriguing.

Throw a kegger.

If you wanna do a big batch, poke a couple holes in each sausage, brown them in a hot pan, then toss them into a big pot of boiling beer with some soy sauce added in

drink it or make lots of beer batter fries...

use keg for tank on hot rod. its all id buy a keg for.

make 100 1 lb loafs of beer bread

C O M F Y

> stored plenty in growlers

Enjoy your flat beer.

> I have the keg until Monday.

Huh? Why would a keg of beer have a return-by date?

You put a deposit down and keep the keg until its empty.

I'm doing what they told me.

The idea here is that i can use it for all kinds of things other than drinking, so it needn't be carbonated for cooking.

Any other food ideas for cooking with beer?

>I'm doing what they told me.

Where you at?

Because I've never heard of requiring a keg to be returned by a specific date, (here in Michigan) the party store holds on to your deposit until you return the keg, whenever you get around to drinking it all.

The only issue ought to be keeping the keg cold for X amount of time you've got it.

wow homeboy couldn't even finish a keg what a pussy

>Any other food ideas for cooking with beer?

Sure. Some standards are:
-use as the liquid for cooking chili
-simmer sausages in it before grilling them to finish
-use in stews
-reduce it and use the reduction in various sauces
-assuming it's carbonated it makes an excellent batter for frying fish, shrimp, chicken, onion rings....

I'm in Canada. It's from a microbrewery, so they probably have weird rules.

I'm literally on my 3rd litre tonight and can barely type.

Use it to deep fry something. Cod/whitefish is always good

IPA isn't really great for cooking, malty beer is much better on that front

Anything else I can do with it?

So much this.
Not much suggested in this thread will work with IPA. It's way too bitter.
Pour it out. Live and learn.
Next time buy a 1/6 barrel or a 1/4 barrel instead of the 1/2 barrel keg you got.

If you're cringing really hard at the thought of dumping it, then try the vinegar thing.
Don't reduce it, it will just make it more bitter.
Don't boil sausage in it.

I'm not a know it all, I'm just speaking from 11 years working as a chef in a large brewpub, trying to make food using bitter beer: it doesn't work IMO.

Thank's M80. IPA isn't my first choice. Usually I go with lagers.

As IPA's go this is on the tamer side, fruity, and not super bitter. Doing the vinegar trick. Made cornbread with it. Turned out very well.

>having trouble finishing a keg by yourself in 2 days

???????????

Build a combustion engine that runs on beer and drive around the world

>50 imperial pints per day
That's a little much.

I've had 4 Steins tonight. I think I can make it to 5. I'm down to about 1/4 a keg now.