Name 10 Worthwhile Female Philosophers

that aren't memes like G.E.M Anscombe or Simone de Beauvoir.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fBGWtVOKTkM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no philosophy is worthwhile.

Sure, friend.

You obviously don't make moral or aesthetic decisions in your daily life! :)

Women are bad at philosophy. A woman doing philosophy is like if a bunch of men were building transistor radios together for fun and a woman came in and everyone cheerfully showed her some of the basics and she ham-handedly tried to solder something to something else and everyone laughed and had a great time, and then when she left the room they all went back to doing real work.

that doesn't make it worthwhile.

Maggie Nelson, if only for Bluets.

Sure was worthwhile enough for you to use your time and reply to the thread.

:)

nice try but no since this thread isn't philosophy.

Such a perfect simile for Ayn Rand philosophizing.

Diotima of Mantinea, Hypatia, Martha Nussbaum, Judith Butler, Nancy Cartwright, Rae Langton, Christine M. Korsgaard, Iris Murdoch, Mary Wollstonecraft. . .

Naming 10 worthwhile philosophers is hard enough as it is OP, so your request is impossible.

LOL THEY'RE ALL SHIT HAHAHAH

TAKE THE REDPILL

(im against ALL women)

This. Women belong in the kitchen. Leave the men to thinking, thanks.

>tumblr

Certainly influential but worthwhile? Doubt it.

Emilie would like a word with you lads

>"I haven't read any of them, so they can't possibly be worthwhile"

Hannah Arendt, Rosa Luxemburg, Clara Zetkin, Sor Juana, Lou Andreas-Salomé, Alenka Zupančič, Ranjana Khanna, Simone Weil, Arundhati Roy, Angela Davis.

THEY'RE ALL SHIT

Have you read any of them?

I would never read a women """thinker"""

they are simply inferior to me

Dude, see a shrink.

You've been bamboozled.

Pic related.
Greatest political philosopher of the 20th century.

without the higher powers of the imagination and reason, no eminent success can be gained in many subjects. These latter faculties, as well as the former, will have been developed in man, partly through sexual selection,—that is, through the contest of rival males, and partly through natural selection, that is, from success in the general struggle for life; and as in both cases the struggle will have been during maturity, the characters gained will have been transmitted more fully to the male than to the female offspring. It accords in a striking manner with this view of the modification and re-inforcement of many of our mental faculties by sexual selection, that, firstly, they notoriously undergo a considerable change at puberty (25. Maudsley, 'Mind and Body,' p. 31.), and, secondly, that eunuchs remain throughout life inferior in these same qualities. Thus, man has ultimately become superior to woman. It is, indeed, fortunate that the law of the equal transmission of characters to both sexes prevails with mammals; otherwise, it is probable that man would have become as superior in mental endowment to woman, as the peacock is in ornamental plumage to the peahen.
>Charles Darwin

Thank you for actually responding to OP's question.
I was hoping to broaden my philosophy shelf with some female thinkers for a while, now, but was at a loss as to where one ought to start.

Much appreciated!

Actually, I have read Butler, Cartwright and Wollstonecraft.

That's rich coming from a guy who adapted the redpill thought-system instead of developing a world-view of his own

lol

that's rich coming from a guy who can't recognise blatant post-ironic memerism.

I'm redpilled and I unironically agree with all anti-women statements in this thread.

They aren't fit for thought. They are but mere holes

Well, fuck me.
Now that you've said that, it indeed is apparent trolling.

I'm going to have a pretty shit life if I cannot distinguish irony from serious discourse anymore.
Anyhow thanks for pointing that out.

That self-righteous smugness of obvious trolls is far more insufferable than anything actual /pol/tards say.

The trolls who vent their butthurt by badly satirizing /pol/ are the best part of /pol/.

You can tell how triggered every single one of them is by /pol/'s dominance of the site, right away. They might as well be posting
>LOOK AT ME I'M A BIG STUPID /POL/ DOODY HEAD AND I THINK WOMEN ARE BAD!!! ARENT I A BIG STRONG MAN FOR BEING A FUCKING MISOGYNIST CREEP???

Tastes like victory

Women are inferior, though. Giving them the vote ruined the West.

Literally true though.

giving all non-land owners the vote ruined the west you bourgeois lump

This, but also:

>female
>worthwhile

Women's assholes objectively smell worse than male assholes.

They are simply inferior

Maybe if women were not repulsed by you, you would realise they aren't that different.

Women can't truly love, can't truly be ethical, and can't truly be loyal.

Sure, they hate me and want nothing to do with me. But I'm better off for it

>If you criticize women for being a series of holes, it's just because you can't get access to their blessed holes.

Try again, series of holes, this time without referring implicitly to your holes.

Kek

In all seriousness, she may be the most influential female philosopher of the 20th century, if not really the best one (I'd say Hannah Arendt, even if her influence has declined).

>Name 10 philosophers of any gender that aren't memes

Yeah, good luck with that

>female philosopher

contradiction in terms

>influential female

kill yourself. If women have any influence on you whatsoever, you're a cuck

The thing is women can truly love can truly be ethical and can truly be loyal.
You don't have any experience of this because you are probably a repulsive autist that does not mean women are the bad guys.

>The thing is women can truly love can truly be ethical and can truly be loyal.
LOL YOU'RE A FUCKING IDIOT BRAINWASHED RETARD

WOMEN ONLY WANT CHADS AND THEY WILL ALL BE SINGLE MOMS @ 30 BECAUSE THEY'RE ROASTBEEF CUNTS HAVE BEEN WORN OUT AND THEY ARE NOTHING BUT HOLES

just because I have no experience with women doesn't mean they aren't inherently inferior to me

There are probably hundreds of thousands if not millions of women vastly superior to you in intellectual capacity and merit.
Just because women desire men they find attractive doesn't make them bad people.
Also, its ok to be a single mother, most western nations provide adequate financial assistance to single moms so they may not require men.
This means women are free to mate with the best men and are not forced to breed with pathetic ugly autists like you.

Yes

What did Nussbaum produce that was worthwhile?

>Just because women desire men they find attractive doesn't make them bad people.
This isn't the problem, it's that they're lying, goldigging cunts who will marry a rich sugardaddy and then fuck Tyrone on the side because they're degenerates who can't control themselves.
>Also, its ok to be a single mother, most western nations provide adequate financial assistance to single moms so they may not require men.
This is a problem, dipshit. The state should not be encouraging women to ride the cock carousel with free gibs.
I honestly can't tell if you're trolling for (You)'s or if you are a legitimate roastie whore.

>There are probably hundreds of thousands if not millions of women vastly superior to you in intellectual capacity and merit.
You're on Veeky Forums, kid. We're redpilled here.

Kindly fuck off to tumblr with your inane drivel

>This means women are free to mate with the best men

lol im literally white, conservative, and redpilled. I'm against degeneracy and value chastity and the Lord. Explain why they haven't chosen me then

>every person who doesn't have a positive opinion of women is just a virgin

Same line, with slightly jumbled words, every time

The reason women never invent anything or produce any geniuses: any constructive criticism is met with "UR JUST A VIRGIN THO"

Thank God I'm a raging fucking faggot

>Degenerate
You keep using that word. You use it for anything you don't like or feel rejected by.
>redpilled
I bet you are also MGTOW, lol, as if women care what you disgusting autists choose to do.
Also prepare to get owned by Hillary you poltard.

>he can't get girls

lol kill yourself, loser

Your pretending to be a God-defying degenerate doesn't count, virgin

haha, okay sweeheart. You're a little worthless roastwhore aren't you? How's the elongated vaginal lips treating you? Better than abusive Chad, I guess?

Heh. Realize that I will always be better than you, you pathetic hole

The problem is, the virgins on Veeky Forums claim to know the true nature of women but have no experience with them. Experience is necessary to make that judgement and the poltards have none.
It is not about denying you sex, you can thank your genetics for that.

yeah a virgin faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=fBGWtVOKTkM

>Would any link be missing from the whole chain of science and art, if woman, if woman's work, were excluded from it? Let us acknowledge the exception - it proves the rule - that woman is capable of perfection in everything which does not constitute a work: in letters, in memoirs, in the most intricate handiwork - in short, everything which is not a craft; and precisely because in the things mentioned woman perfects herself, because in them she obeys the only artistic impulse in her nature, which is to captivate.

>Experience is necessary to make that judgement

The experience is freely available to everyone, in how worthless women are at conversation, at cultural and intellectual contributions, and even at being decent people.

I would rather an "abusive Chad" than a disgusting autistic manchild who thinks he is intelligent but probably flunked out of university.

I know the nature of women, I've seen facebook/tinder screenshots, read Schopenhauer's 'on Women', and seen what happened to the West since they got the vote

This guy is so buttmad about /pol/ and /r9k/ it's hilarious.

>If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

1. Take a shower
2. Hit the weights
3. Get a clue
4. Gain height
5. Have sex
6. Seek sunlight
7. Acquire employment
8. Stop renting your furniture
9. Stop looking like a short order cook
10. Stop seething

Big Kev is beggin ya

>I would rather an "abusive Chad"
I didn't think they'd admit it so freely. I guess women really do like to be abused.

I hate these threads.
>name me some good female philosophers
>I bet you can't because there aren't any
>proceed to provide a list
>hur dur they can't be good because I never heard of them
Every time.

lol it's probably a roastwhore who let's muh feels talk instead of being rational and logical like those you find on /pol/ and /r9k/.

it's no coincidence that purely masculine cultures produce far inferior works of art to those that accept and even revere the feminine. compare the protestant north or islam to latinate catholicism and the cult of the virgin in france and italy, then tell me who produced the greater works of art

>pol r9k rational
You are funny user.

I can't believe people are taking such an obvious troll seriously. Unless the other side of the argument is also a troll.

We've all heard of them. They just aren't good.

>Th-the only reason you could possibly disapprove of a woman philosopher is if you're a baka illiterate who never read her! All women are special angels, and women philosophers are just as special! They're my special little girls! I love women so much, you meanie!

Anscombe was a hack and a mere curator; Beauvoir was a hack curator of a hack and a bag of shit on a personal level; Butler is a hack curator of many hacks; Hypatia is a curiosity precisely because she is a woman; Diotima is completely unsourced and exists only in fourth party relation; Wollstonecraft was just derivative of Rousseau; Weil was a pastiche her contemporaries and no one reads her past the '60s; etc.

>it's no coincidence that purely masculine cultures produce far inferior works of art to those that accept and even revere the feminine

Arguably the most deeply and intensely misogynistic culture in human history was Attic Greece, bro.

haha yeah that athena haha, what a man

where are the great spartan works?

This guy is an intellectual, and anyone who disagrees with these facts is a roastwhore and/or leftist beta numale cuck

>build a strawman
>attack the strawman
>feel satisfied
Good job I guess.

Lurk moar and learn to become more convincing with your troll posts. You're not even trying.

Where did you get those? In a youtube blog channel? Wikipedia? Clearly you havent read any of them, ass.

>t. ass-shattered feminist

Gonna call me a virgin now are you, sweet cheeks?

>The city is named after a female deity, therefore Athens wasn't misogynistic!
>If you think Attica was so great, tell me what Sparta, which isn't in Attica, ever did!

HAHAHAHA. Actual woman detected.

Here, let me quote the concluding lines of Pericles' funeral oration, one of the foundational documents of Western history and spirit of Ancient Greece, for you:
>On the other hand, if I must say anything on the subject of female excellence to those of you who will now be in widowhood, it will be all comprised in this brief exhortation. Great will be your glory in not falling short of your natural character; and greatest will be hers who is least talked of among the men, whether for good or for bad.

I love you, man.

Unlike a woman, I am not a dilettante. Try again.

i can only name 2 worthwhile male philosophers

Dear Veeky Forums,

Is the following writing grammatically correct?

"Tom Cavill's face actually resemble Richard Goldberg's face, Larry."

Thank you

Why hasn't this thread been deleted? It's just trolls trying to troll trolls. Even the Second Sex book had less trolling than this thread.

>We've all heard of them. They just aren't good.
I guess you all just must pretend not to know them since what I said is the exact response.

>Anscombe was a hack and a mere curator
>approved by Wittgenstein
>started the revival of virtue ethics
>one of the most influential ethical philosophers of the 20th century
>curator

That's rape.

Omit the second 'face'.

See, this is the thing. You're coming on too strong. You fill every post to the brim with as many buzzwords as you can fit. You state the talking points as stereotypically as possible and don't develop them further. It's just not realistic, no one actually posts like that when they're being sincere abou their ideas and beliefs. I get that people are stupid enough to bite the bait anyway, but trolling is an art and I don't like to see it mangled this badly. You've got potential kid, you just need to flesh the posts out a little bit more.

These are containment threads for the frog people

>named after a female deity

yes that was exactly the point! great job!

>Sparta, which isn't in Attica

very relevant! you're doing wonderfully!

:-D

If you have fun doing this you must see a doctor. I know you are just trolling but it seems you have aspergs or minor autism.

Lorraine Code
Gayatri Spivak
Elizabeth Grosz
Martha Nussbaum
Susan Haack
Silvia Federici
Rosa Luxemburg
Phillipa Foot
Hannah Arendt
Sunaura Taylor
Carol Gilligan
Nel Noddings

Like 8/12 (added two because some could be considered "political theorist") of these women are living, kill yourself

Fuck me for responding to the bait, you're likely just going to wikipedia each of these women on my list and be like "x is a meme because y"

No one gives a fuck about Anscombe other than to glance over her name in the footnotes of Wittgenstein papers, and then only because no one has yet ventured a new authoritative translation because it's a huge hermeneutic hassle. This will probably be done in the next generation or so once Hacker & Baker become authoritative in the academy, along with their style of comprehensive reading from Wittgenstein's posthumously published works, and consequently shove out all the fossil interpretations and confusion based on Anscombe's readings.

Do you want to have another go at misremembering your undergraduate classes on "femininity" in high Catholicism, now a waning trend along with the boom in Marian studies of the last 20~ years which housed it? I can direct you to some better studies on the femininity of Early Modern protestantism, especially Calvinism. Those are pretty trendy too!

Or have you already given up on trying to look like you have an argument and just want to fall back on lame sarcasm?

Fuck you!

>No one gives a fuck about Anscombe
>completely ignores her massive contribution to ethics
Except everything single virtue ethicist gives a massive fuck about her since she made what they do possible. Literally hundreds of contemporary philosophers are heavily indebted to her.

No, fuck you, retard.
Seek help. You are laughing out with your computer screen all alone and with the red eyes thinking""hahaha xXddd im so funny they are all just eaating my bait xDddd"" while randomly you mention some authors took off from wikepedia. Fuck off you pathetic cum

They're all shitty libcucks and hence rely on feels rather than rationality and logic.

Nice try, feminist swine

Plenty of people in this thread have proved that women aren't capable of philosophical thought. Deal with it and accept the redpill

i am very mad now and you have triggered me

I am a girl and am working on my phd in philosophy, also unlike you I have a relationship and friends.
Why do you hate women user? Didn't your mother teach you any better?

I would accept the redpill but it comes with a vow of chastity. I like fucking women too much.

He is just trying too hard and bored.

should i wait for your manic phase to pass you crazy bitch or do you want to stop mischaracterising what i mean by 'feminine' i.e. i'm not talking about the treatment of women as individuals? if i specifically mention the cult of the virgin or fucking athena that should be obvious to you

Why?

I could say the same about Whitehead or Bergson or Natorp or a thousand others. Some more derivative than others, but none of them a Kant or Hegel.

You can't name one female Hegel. And you can't name ten female Natorps. Enjoy your Anscombe.

You and I both know that I know more than you, and more than you ever will. The more you cry Wikipedia, the more you lie to yourself to excuse your failures. Hate me as much as you want, but know in your heart of hearts that it is because your ass is pained by my superiority.

>Spivak

I didn't even notice this. You actually fucking went with Spivak. She wrote one article of consequence, completely derivative OF male poststructuralists AND simultaneously whinigng about them for fifty labryinthine pages, and her own followers still don't fucking understand what her actual point was!

Troll or not, is actually completely correct: Spivak is undermined by her "feels over reals" blinders, and simultaneously gets noticed despite the failure because whinging is expected of women.

I'll give you Arendt but please recall that she got daddy dommed by Old Man Heidegger.

>Women played no part in Athenian high culture. They could not vote, attend the theatre, or walk in the stoa talking philosophy. But the male orientation of Greek culture was inseparable of its genius. Athens became great not despite but because of its misogyny.
Paglia

Because it's unnecessary