Anyone can cook

>Anyone can cook.
Is this true?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-JPOoFkrh94
youtube.com/watch?v=Vp8vd4X3IGg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I mean yeah, with enough practice and perseverance anyone can do almost anything

dead people can't cook

*teleports behind you*
*unsheaths katana*
*kills you*

nothin personnel

No

fuck you daggot i was gonna say blind deaf and dumb quadriplegic cant cook but your stupid fucking faggot post was so gay fuck you

Not well.

Yes, cooking just means the preparation of food with heat. Where will this thread go now that OP's retarded question has been answered?

EVERYONE can cook.

Fuck you cunt your reply was so fucking gay

People will try to think that

>people cooking for a hobby=5 star Michelin star chefs.

Started cooking for myself when I was young. Being asian, all I cooked was some serious stir fry that would reek the house. I can cook pretty damn good and most of my cooking is from scratch. No formal training of any kind.

>On the eve of his inheritance, and stricken with grief at his father's untimely death, the schizophrenic son of a Paris culinary legend becomes convinced that all of his cooking skill is owed to a tiny rat who controls his every movement. Growing more withdrawn and suspicious of others' motives, he finally poisons a celebrated food critic after his whole staff walks out during dinner service.
No, I don't think "anyone can cook."

Cooking is a science. You hypothesize with a recipe, however basic. Then you test, cook it, and observe, eat it. You then record your findings and revise your hypothesis. Throughout this process you refer to theories and laws created by others and also create your own.

So yes, as long as you combine ingredients to eat them in some way and are capable of learning then you can cook.

I don't remember that happening in the movie

Pretty much this, it is a science and it is important to reflect on the final dish, to find areas and parts where you can slowly improve over time.

>autism speaks

No. I keep trying, but I'm still garbage. Can't even dice an onion evenly.

nope. never underestimate the stupidity and incompetence of some people. i used to be a parttimer at a McD while i was in college and we'd sometimes get new hires that were too dumb to even get the most simple tasks right. some of them were literally too stupid to follow a written recipe

no, but a good cook can come from anywhere. Did you finish the movie?

But he didn't mean that anyone can cook. His literal meaning was that anyone may be able to cook.

no.

some people are too stupid.

Is that Michel Foucault?

lmao

yeah dude. i'm a clumsy ass motherfucker who survived on microwave food and ramen and boxed mac n cheese til i was eighteen. got to college and decided i wanted to eat not shitty food. all u gotta do is find recipes and follow them and figure out what you like and improvise on that.

No. Some can't because they're too retarded and some can't because they've been pampered too much.
Often both.

It's ANYONE can cook, not EVERYONE can cook. Of course there are people who are shit at cooking, but with enough patience, perseverance, and knowledge, anyone can become a damn good chef.

If you're unwilling or if you give up, then ofc you're not going to end up running a michelin star restaurant or have your own tv show. Probably the only people who are incapable of learning how to cook are people with learning deficiencies, or someone with a chromosomal disorder.

It's unreliabe narrator you dip

Oh, I keep making food. I just have really shaky/imprecise hands so I fuck up any sort of fine detail. I know I can improve, but it feels as though my baseline is exceptionally low.

Both reporting in

lewd

I think it's better to say anyone can make good tasting food; making good looking food is more exceptional

Every goose knows how to fly south innately. If you can't cook you are dumber than a goose. It's a basic part of living that needs not be explained to people. Like when you finally have sex for the first time, you don't need to be told what to do, it just comes naturally to you.

Cooking is a learned skill that comes with practice. Anyone, short of someone physically disabled or mentally retarded, can learn to cook with enough time and effort.

Being a CHEF is a completely different story, as it requires artistry and creative thinking that can't necessarily be TAUGHT. You can make somebody else's dishes 9 to 5 every day of the week, but some people will never be able to come up with anything new on their own.

youtube.com/watch?v=-JPOoFkrh94

youtube.com/watch?v=Vp8vd4X3IGg

That analogy doesn't work if you're a girl, all they do is lie on their back with their legs spread complaining about the pain.

Lying around complaining comes naturally to girls though.

Cooking may be exceptionally hard for people with ADHD. It requires continued focus on tasks that take time. If you can't stay focused on the task, you'll keep burning or overcooking stuff, forgetting ingredients, and generally messing up.

Cooking by the book is very easy as long as you are capable of following the directions, regardless of how boring and tedious they may be.

You must be 18+ to post here

No. People with certain mental disabilities cannot cook.

Although barring that, then yes, most people can do basic food preparation. Not everyone can do it well enough that people would pay money for their skills, however. Most people, even among restaurant chefs, will never approach a Gordon Ramsay level of cooking skill. But it doesn't really matter. Most people won't work in a job that requires preparing food.

>Probably the only people who are incapable of learning how to cook are people with learning deficiencies, or someone with a chromosomal disorder.
Even then. I have a learning disability and I can still cook. It's literally nothing but patience and perseverance.

>tfw this guy looks like my dead grandpa

Feels bad man.

Yep. PATIENCE is the critical prerequisite.

You don't need to be smart or nimble, or have exceptional palate or flair, or have exceptional training or fancy equipment.

But you fucking NEED PATIENCE.

>Cooking may be exceptionally hard for people with ADHD
Actually, the lots-of-small-tasks stuff is easy for people with ADHD. What's hard is concentrated long-term focus over several hours, or in some cases minutes.

Why is the amount of meme enforcers so high on this fucking board. One time I posted a thread about how great you can pair cottage cheese with other food and days after days some meme lord decided to keep on posting dumb titled cottage cheese threads, it's just obnoxious.

Only a fool would argue that this is untrue. Anybody CAN cook...though this doesn't mean anyone will cook. It takes hours and hours of trial and error, research, individual effort to better yourself. Slowly, you get better and better, but you never accept the progression as having "made it" because you know, with every level of skill you get to, that you have so much more to learn. Most people will stop once they make something that's agreeable enough but fewer and fewer push themselves.

It's just like with music. I am a phenomenal piano player but it's because I've played for 20 years and have spent countless hours playing live from classical to jazz. I often tell people that anyone could play...as long as they are willing to put in the work. I mean, you have the same five fingers on each hand as I do...just have to be willing to work at it.

So yes, anyone CAN cook, but many don't work hard and simply stop at "heating things up in a basic way that pleases their grumbling tummies with a handful of recipes they're comfortable with". Just as it's easier to listen to music than to play it yourself, it's also easier to eat out than to cook food for yourself.

Cooking is a subject any idiot can get into, be it a basement dweller, or a stereotypical normalfag. So it attracts idiots from both sides.

Thanks assholes, your replies were so gay that I literally just sucked an 8" dick

Heh... That's all you've got? I guess I won't have to reveal my true powers to deal with you.

*puts tanto against your neck*

Any last words, kid?

"Just as someone who doesn't know how to swim will drown, someone who doesn't know how to cook will flounder in their measuring cup" -Chef Michel Guérard