Einzige und sein Eigentum

my diary desoo

Being and Time

Made me realize we're all corporal

>'
Yikes

Infinite jest?

>Finnegan's [sic] Wake
As each art deteriorates and degenerates due to the gradual abandonment of laboriously invented and refined conventions (which, contrary to popular belief, do not restrict an art but on the contrary create, refine, and help it flourish — the reason bunglers find conventions "restrictive" is because they lack the training and discipline required to adhere to them and the talent and creativity to add to (i.e. further complexify) and/or modify them), we find in every field the same movement: a regression to previous, in many cases even primitive critical standards. Moreover, at the same time as standards collapse the number of aspiring artists increases (indeed, as we have seen, it is this very increase that leads to the collapse, the two movements unfolding simultaneously once the masses have been "emancipated" and the means of artistic creation become widely available), whilst the resulting artworks come to increasingly resemble a repulsive junk- and rubbish-soup that no one in their right mind would want to have anything to do with.
>Einzige und sein Eigentum
You are less spooked but what do you have to show for it?

>you must be over 18 to post here

Why

Autocorrect, relax.

the prince

Literally every written work I've ever encountered

Also everything that is not a written work that I've had contact with in my life

Determinist faggot

ok

That view doesn't necessarily lend itself to determinism but be mad if you want to I guess. It's your choice as an agent of ~free will

I'm a compatibilist ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Trial
The Myth of Sisyphus
Agua Viva
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly

In what way did it influence the way you see the world

James Kalb - Against Inclusiveness

Christopher Lasch - The Culture of Narcissism

>Godel, Escher, Bach
>The Third Policeman

Eh I might aswell.

Holy shit is this book real? I've been thinking about these sorts of things for my entire life

Unironically, The Phenomenology of Spirit.

The Stranger tee bee aich family

East of Eden- Timshel
Siddartha- Everything you truly need is within reach if you can be disciplined and attentive enough to find it.
Steppenwolf- You can love or hate anything it's your decision.
The Fall- To improve ourselves we must change and we need to be strong/free enough not to hate our old self too much or we will resist personal progress
Stoner- I'm not certain how to word it. Too tired.

I guess I believe and enjoy the idea of free will and the indomitable human spirit, we can be as strong as we will ourselves to be and that we can find happiness and peace if we're willing to look. They've taught me to be more patient and understanding of strangers and their motivations, even petty and crude. The better decisions we make, the more we learn to love and less to hate or fear the better things will be for everyone.

#VoteTrump

>East of Eden- Timshel

I read this passage precisely this week. Quite interesting. Also, I did not know that Steinbeck had so much talent for poetry.

Therea re problems in the book: many of the characters are somwhat artificial, too simple, like the expression of ideas, and not rreal people, but the book is very interesting and deserves more respect from the academics than it currently receives.

>#VoteTrump

I am not American, but my friend, Hillary will be best for you guys in the long run. Dont let this talk about free state, brutal tax cut, and conservatism fool you: the more the country can help a greater number of people within its own territory, the more social rights are worked through and implemented, the more the people will flourish and frutify: your country will become more educated, more cultured, less violent, more egalitarian, etc.

The greatest wealth of any nation, or its greatest misery, is the people who live in it, and guaranteeing the equality of all (and this means helping with more resources those who have less) is one of the surest ways of making the people the real treasure of a State.

Brutal and immediate solutions are usually a mirage; the road to success is slow and depends on the appreciation of human beings and on the care for the new generations, and that means helping those who are drowning in misery.

>more educated, more cultured, less violent, more egalitarian, etc.

I agree with you. Unfortunately doesn't want those things. That's okay, the trumpcucks are going down.

You're an ideologue if you don't believe in determinism.

>#VoteTrump
jkz user jkz

That's about halfway through or so iirc so a good chunk to go yet and I'm pretty sure I'd say it only gets better for the most part. I quite liked most of the characters, I'm more concerned with a good story and ideas than realism but I found them believable enough for the time, setting and story. Nonetheless out of interest could you suggest any particular or shining examples of less artificial characters? Always good to add to the list.

>Nonetheless out of interest could you suggest any particular or shining examples of less artificial characters?

The ones in Tolstoy fiction are a good example.

Capital
The Communist Manifesto
Get on my level, comrade.