Do you know that feeling you occasionally get...

Do you know that feeling you occasionally get, when you look yourself in the mirror and thing "It is so strange that this is the person who I am."

Yeah, what the fuck is that, and why does that happen?

>It is so strange that
As opposed to what?
What situation wouldn't be strange?

I mean there is the philosophical problem of induction, and that you can't disprove solipsism. Is that where your wondering stems from?

jep I do OP,
also sometimes when I wake up.
I look around my room for 1 or 2 sec and then i start to remember who the person is to which these things belong... who I am.

>you're now conscious of the weight of your brain over your neck

Do you ever just look outside and think "what I'm seeing is actually happening in my head and not the real outside world"?

Yes
I guess I would constitute that being *aware*
I think therefore I am
Realization of self makes the self, no?

It's all arbitrary, anyway.

We are nothing more than a mix of chemical reactions, reacting to outside stimuli.

Our subjective interpretations of this stimuli are just a result of these chemical reactions.

There is no such thing as meaning.

The fact the meaning is not absolute doesn't mean that don't exist.

>occasionally

More like every single time.

Yes. When I was a child I had sudden strong flashes of surreality, and I was aware how everything is just a fleeting facade.

Nowadays what amazes me the most is the ability to observe a human's thoughts and actions (ie. my own). The amount of planning, evaluation and scenario simulation that i do before i take action and the benefits (and drawbacks) this has, compared to more or less intelligent peers. The discrepancy between wishful thinking and reality, and the realisation of my own stupidity. The little tricks I do to get what i want from life, and how it shapes my life for the better or worse. And that this is how living is.

In general, most humans are increadibly limited and only good at a handful of simple tasks which require weeks, month or even years of preparation. Growing up is really a big lie - most people just adapt to whatever kind of behavior is expected from them in whatever kind of circumstance they find themselves in, even if it has no point whatsoever.

Could you say that again please
Slower so I can understand

yes. mostly when i havent really seen myself in the mirror for a long time. i dont feel myself the way i look. i sometimes wonder how people see me because they must have a very different opinion about me.
Dont know why that is.

When I was 8 or so, I used to wonder how others could recognize me. My features seemed so unremarkable that I really thought as if I had no face at all.

It is a well known phenomenon known in the scientific community as 'being stoned'.

bup

i like this but imagine myself as a bunch of particles moving through a sea of particles with some passing through me and some moving around

How all the stimuli we are receiving is literally touching our body and everything else is assumed. But somehow thanks to the brain we are able to formulate a 3d map of our surroundings and survive off of it.

if you dont always automically understand that you see yourself in the mirror then you're a brainlet

When I was a kid, I looked into a mirror, and a ridiculously handsome gentleman was standing there.

Later I got to know that this was the man everyone was talking about.

sometimes i'll stand in front of a mirror and have a conversation in my head and get carried away until i forget that i'm looking at me

not sure if it's because of all the acid or because i find interacting with other people pointless

I can help you there. What you are seeing in the mirror is not you; it is your reflection, and at that a reflexion of a meat popsicle that is not you either; you're a cosmic space interpositive light being from the planet gruber and I know coz I have seen all things and know all.

high test

>Yeah, what the fuck is that, and why does that happen?
Who am I? Why am I here? How can I be? What did all of us do to deserve to go to hell?
Countless questions and sort of answers, but never "the" answer.