Tfw x-ray missed my lung cancer

>tfw x-ray missed my lung cancer
>tfw been ill for 6 months with various complaints and now gps have just written me off as a hypochondriac , even though all my complaints have related to the same illness
>tfw am now getting seriously ill with splitting headaches and spine pain(not even exaggerating) from metastasises
>tfw gonna die in pain at home

what the fuck should i do? i cant afford a private scan, why are doctors so utterly useless at diagnosing people?

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/sci/thread/S8483248
warosu.org/sci/thread/S8497971
warosu.org/sci/thread/S8512353
warosu.org/sci/thread/S8666910
warosu.org/sci/thread/S8654469
reddit.com/r/MedicalPhysics/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

JUST FUCKING KILL YOURSE;F YOU WORTHLESS HYPOCHONDRIAC. YOU DIDN'T HAVE PANCREATIC CANCER AND YOU DON'T HAVE LUNG CANCER.

wait so you don't actually have radiographic confirmation that you have lung cancer, but you've already managed to also deduce that this lung cancer has metastasized?

He could be a nurse with some background medical knowledge.

you dont have lung cancer

He's not.

>Guys I'm 25 and have stage 4 pancreatic cancer, feel bad for me
warosu.org/sci/thread/S8483248
warosu.org/sci/thread/S8497971
warosu.org/sci/thread/S8512353

>Guys I'm 25 and have stage iv lung cancer, fell bad for me,
warosu.org/sci/thread/S8666910
warosu.org/sci/thread/S8654469
He's a mentally ill faggot.

see a different doctor? lol what

people alway blow my mind when they whine about how shitty their doc is then continue seeing them like they have no choice

>He's a mentally ill faggot.
Not really, that line of ironic shitposts emerged after a serious discussion with someone actually concerned with his health and potential cancer.

Then some retarded teenager thought this is all a joke and started shitposting all the time.
That kind of persistence means he's either using a bot or he's indeed mentally ill.

>then continue seeing them like they have no choice
these people suffer from hard determinism and are predetermined to visit their doctor no matter what. feel pity for them

Those are just one Veeky Forums, I'm sticking with hypochondriac.

Lots of other people--children even--are dying.
Why are you special? What have you done?
Do you eat healthy, as if you want to live?
Or do you merely eat anything put in front of your face
without even looking at it or appreciating it?

As someone who has actual diagnosed stage IIIa (T3N2M0) NSCLC, I can assure you that an X-ray isn't going to miss that unless the radiographer is legally blind.

The main reason why lung cancer has such a high fatality rate is the lack of symptoms until it's well advanced: you won't even realise that it's there until stage III or even IV, at which point it's going to be blatantly obvious on an X-ray.

If it's too small to see on an X-ray, you won't have any symptoms. Early stage lung cancer is only caught by chance, when someone has an X-ray/CT/PET scan for some other reason.

OP i'd probably see a psychologist.

also
>getting x-rays so you get even more cancer
have fun thinking about how you just gave yourself cancer for the next six months.

A single chest x-ray has pretty much zero effect.

>zero effect

feel free to be proven wrong in really amazing detail by several medical physicists at the same time at reddit.com/r/MedicalPhysics/

A chest xray has a dose of 10 days worth of background radiation.

They can say whatever they want - it's literally nothing.

>"what the fuck should i do? i cant afford a private scan, why are doctors so utterly useless at diagnosing people?"

meanwhile, in reality...

>be OPs doctor
>diagnose OP and send him to radiology just to make him go away
>radiologists have no fucking idea what OP or his doctor is talking about but send him to the radiation oncologists just to make him go away
>radiation oncologists have no idea what OP or the radiologist is talking about but go through with the radiation therapy just to make him go away
>blast OP in the chest with 20 Sv accumulated radiation
>ends up actually giving him cancer
>OP thinks he had cancer all that time but he basically just gave it to himself via his stupidity

screen cap this and repost in six months

This is not how it works pathetic dumbfuck.

there is no one medical imaging procedure that will give you cancer other than maybe radiation therapy if they fuck it up.

Are you kidding? CTs can fuck you up real good.
Please don't start that fucking argument again.

you can talk to any radiologist or medical physicist and they would explain otherwise. you just don't understand it. CT scans, a head scan lets say, is the equivalent of a whole body dose of 2 mSv, which is really insignificant. that's .02 mSv to your brain at the most, which is obviously insignificant.

You probably don't understand medical physics at all and this is why you believe otherwise, and I say believe because you clearly don't know any facts about the matter. you could get ten head CT scans every two years and it would not be of a concern to literally any regulatory agency whose job it is to make it known the dangers of ionizing radiation for any beneficial purpose in society.

you should probably see a psychologist.

Yeah, this is correct.
I've been having full-body CT scans every 6 months for the past 4 years, nothing has happened to me. CTs are perfectly safe.

maybe if it's several multi-phase abdomen/pelvis scans or something, but otherwise no, the vast majority of the scans performed are for all intents and purposes for human life, not harmful at all.

>my granddad smoked his whole life and he was fine

probably really unnecessary if you're not memeing

OP we explained it to you three days ago, the specificity of xray screens is 97%, your negative diagnosis is overwhelmingly likely to be a true negative.