Why are all scientists introverted? Is introversion a fundamental personality trait, or a result of the environment...

Why are all scientists introverted? Is introversion a fundamental personality trait, or a result of the environment? Can introversion be changed? Is it possible for an introvert to at least get to a point where they're not fucking up every single social interaction?

Other urls found in this thread:

psychologytoday.com/blog/under-the-influence/201307/do-genes-influence-personality
telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/9267147/Its-nature-not-nurture-personality-lies-in-genes-twins-study-shows.html
sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/05/120516115903.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what is your proof that they are introverted

>introverted
Is this a new meme?
What did he mean by this?
What is you IQ btw...are you Gen Z nu-male trying to fit in?
Social "science" doesn't even fall under the definition of science.

Feynman was an extrovert. there are a lot of scientists with different personalities.

>new
Hi grandpa.

>What did he mean by this?
Epic meme.

>Social "science" doesn't even fall under the definition of science.
Who mentioned social science?

It makes sense that a successful human tribe or society would need people more on the introverted side to think more about problems and other people on the extroverted side to discuss and resolve issues

Was it autism?

>Social "science" doesn't even fall under the definition of science.
how did she break your heart? tell us all about her user...

No
All personality traits come from the environment
Introversion isn't real, there is no internal. You mean a-social, socially anxious, and socially awkward.
Sure it can be changed, probably not very easily and I have no idea how you could do that

You can project all you want,you are still introverted idiot.

>"projection"
>on the other hand introversion is bullshit, and social sciences are a meme
wow genius keep up the good brains

Introverts are better able at using their brains (more concentration, more self reflect).

>more concentration
Tell that to my adderall you lying motherfucker

why cant introverts think to act more like an extrovert?
shurely introverts are tad smarter than extroverts

>Feynman was an extrovert
Yet he had autism. Really interesting.

There is a deep, intrinsic fear, or disinterest, with social interaction, especially constant social interaction

you can be perfectly aware of it but powerless to help it outside of forcing yourself to be with people

Although I pushed myself from a fairly strong "I" into borderline "I/E" territory over the course of college by getting out of my comfort zone and partying every weekend

Being an introvert means that interacting with other people is tiresome. Because of it, introverts tend to spend more time using their brains to think about stuff, not to adapt to social situations. As a result, their brains gets more efficient at processing information and that eases their time with science, so they end up pursuing career paths related to it.

>why cant introverts think to act more like an extrovert?
Duh! Introverts "do" think. They "think" before they open their mouth.
Extroverts, however, are retards who are too stupid, ignorant and uncivilized to think before they babble. They're the ones who get assaulted because they ignore danger and then expect people to help when they're crying for help. No one helps them because they won't help anyone.

>All personality traits come from the environment
That's not true at all. Most personality traits come from the environment, yes, but there are some we are born with. There is research provinh that.

>Being an introvert means that interacting with other people is tiresome.
Yes, but why? Is it intrinsic? Is it a learned reaction? Is it a result of deeper fears or thoughts or negative emotions?

Where?

If all everyone wanted to do all the time was just chat, hang out, chat some more, socialize, then as a species we wouldn't have our Newtons and Gausses and Aristotles and whoever else to sit by themselves and come up with brilliant and civilization furthering inventions and solutions.

There is a good chance that there is a beneficial component of human species fitness that deals with individuals who are born with an instinctual distaste for constant social interaction and sensation as these are commonly the individuals who think about and develop advanced and abstract solutions to problems that would not be produced otherwise.

Now why do they feel this way? Fear, disinterest, social anxiety, it may appear a weakness but in fact be a genetic tendency that has proven to be beneficial for human society in a roundabout kind of way.

I don't know if there's any research on it, but I'd argue that it is intrinsic. From a very eary age, you can distinguish the introverted kids from the extroverted. I believe that is the result of evolution of human groups, that have always had the need to have both introverted and extroverted people.

You can google it. It's everywhere.

Then prove it, this is not applicable to research, science has no place here mortal.
A personality is formed from experience, we are not born with knowlege, we are not born with experience. Genetics somewhat determine how we process experience and that shapes our personality, but that is impossible without experience. All personality traits are externally derived or derived from abstractions of the external. Technically even our genes come from external sources, but that isn't important.

>From a very eary age, you can distinguish the introverted kids from the extroverted.
Depends on how early. Have they had enough time to interact with other humans and decide whether they like it or not? I could imagine a scenario where a kid interacts with a bunch of assholes early in his life, then extrapolates and internalizes the idea that everyone is an asshole and not worth interacting with.

Every parent has their quiet and talkative children

this is like step 1 of figuring out a child's personality

How do we know those kids weren't influenced by certain experiences early on to become talkative/quiet?

I'm not a parent, so I'm just conjecturing. Fuck kids.

>Why are all scientists introverted?
This is wrong. Unless you're a genius, you have to be somewhat personable to get grant money.

Most of the time it is a real pain to be around normies. That is all. When you are in a group of people who are as smart or smarter than you are things are much different.

Because their children are generally raised the same.

Just because you're inclined towards introversion doesn't mean you have to be a total sperg

Also this. I love talking to my close friends, I just don't have a similar constant desire to make small talk at a bar or party with every person there. Honestly the only reason I go out is to get chicks because it's impossible otherwise.

psychologytoday.com/blog/under-the-influence/201307/do-genes-influence-personality
telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/9267147/Its-nature-not-nurture-personality-lies-in-genes-twins-study-shows.html
sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/05/120516115903.htm
If these aren't enough for you, you can google that yourself.

Eh.... no. My research coworkers are fucking normies reeee.

>pop sci sources instead of research articles

wew. I thought Veeky Forums was better than this.

>assuming user on Veeky Forums has had interaction with women
>in a thread about how scientists are all introverts no less
wew

Becouse internal critisism and discussion. Stupid outies can't think and only talk about weather.

God, I can't stand all of the bigotry against extroverts in this thread. That's, like, so close-minded. Social people can be smart, too.

>judging an information purely by it's source instead of also reading it
>not researching if further
wew. I thought Veeky Forums was better than this.

Intros harbor some disdain for extros since extros think they're hot shit in general society and shit on shy types

this thread is your RECKONING

>God, I can't stand all of the bigotry against extroverts in this thread.
Were you expecting introverts--who admire introverted people who share their interests--to instead admire extroverts (approve of their exhibitionism and mindless babble)?
That's "closed-minded" of you.

>Social people can be smart, too.
Sci/psy people are smart. Psy or sci alone is narrow-minded. Most people are limited and cannot learn both. Some can't learn either.

Intelligence = Ambiversion. Oh, hey, I'm an ambivert.

>*tips fedora*

>posting media sources instead of researching it further to understand the science
Kys, not even worth my time

I already understand the science through other sources (I have studied psychology for 1.5 year and read other articles I don't remember now). I posted those sources for you to see that I didn't pull those ideas out of my ass. If you really want to understand it deeply it's obviously your job to go for it.

It's really because most 'introverts' are actually just autistic losers who are incapable of having a satisfying social life but hey what you said

>studies psychology
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
NOT NEUROSCIENCE?

I don't study it anymore. I have switched to engineering.
Also, any psychology course will cover neuroscience (unless you mean a shitty course).

>psychology
>a whopping 1.5 year!

KEK

they aren't
Read authors like Khun, who considers the field "necessarily social," and stop watching the big bang theory

It's not enough to be a PhD in behavioral genetics, but it's enough to have contact with people who know better than me and have a lot more credibility than any of the losers in Veeky Forums.

I don't think they're specifically introverted. It's really hard to talk to the layman about your work or things you discover. It's worse if you're going through an OCD/passionate kick on some topic no one knows about or can know about.

Prior to my education, I used to love talking about whys and what ifs but now I know a lot of what's possible and what's not and it's hard to find new ideas to exchange with people. You can see it manifest here on Veeky Forums with their being more vague topics not even scientists have a clue about.