Hello this is /g/...

Hello this is /g/, I am wondering how Veeky Forums makes beef jerky without burning down their apartment or fucking up the oven. I need a guide for retards on how to make beef jerky as cheap as possible.

How do I even cut regular meat to get them thin as fuck?

Other urls found in this thread:

offthegridnews.com/how-to-2/how-to-make-pemmican-a-survival-superfood-that-can-last-50-years/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>How do I even cut regular meat to get them thin as fuck?
With a decent knife? I mean seriously, getting meat as thin as pic related requires nothing special. Remember that it shrinks down quite a bit after drying.

Stuck in the freezer for an hour before you cut it.
Use a knife with a Scandinavian grind to get extremely thin slices.

chuck the meat into the freezer for an hour, that ought to help with the cutting

get a box fan and layer it with air filters from home depot and put the meat on those, strap it all together with bungie cords.

takes like 10 hours but you won't burn anything since no heat

>get a box fan and layer it with air filters from home depot
pics? That sounds genius

I just throw my marinated meat into the oven, lowest setting, wood spoon cracking the door open. Cook until the top looks like jerky then flip. Or just leave it on overnight like the lazy fuck I am.

Put the oven on 70 degrees. Make sure the door is ever so slightly open, let the meat strips hang in the oven about 10-12 hours. Done.

I'm loving the makeshift ingenuity of this picture.

Wait. Couldn't you just use an ordinary Food dehydrator? That would be cheaper?

maybe but I already own all the things in the picture

A fan like that plus a filter is far cheaper than a dehydrator. Plus many people might already have those things lying around.

I use a refrigerator to make mine. I've never seen anyone online mention doing this.

Basically, I get very, very lean beef, slice it, marinate it overnight, pat it dry and hang it in one of my refrigerators (I have three because reasons). Takes several days, but once dry, the flavour and texture is the best I've had. I recommend against using fattier beef because the fat can go rancid before the meat dries completely. It doesn't always happen, but the tendency is higher with fattier cuts.

There is more than one temperature scale, distinguish yours.

There literally fucking isn't, retardmerican.

Well, given that 70F is basically room temperature (and therefore wouldn't require an oven), it's obviously C.

If you want to sperg out and talk about Kelvin or Rankine; 70 K or R would be super cold so it's obviously not those either.

>literally
Who's the retard now?
But you're right, Kelvin is objectively the correct answer.

Triggered eurocuck aside, it's always best to label your measurements.

We are on Veeky Forums, after all, they need all the help they can get.

that's the standard you retard

Hi eurocuck, you don't need to be upset that people in other parts of the world use different measurement scales.

THANK YOU! I have never heard that one before

It's you and Nigeria, i dont count nigger countries. Thank you for the complements regarding my dick

So? Why are you having a critical breakdown over it?

Shit happens, senpai, and it just so happens there is a very large population that uses the temperature scale that triggers you as a standard. Many of them use this site, and as I mentioned before, Veeky Forums isn't really a bastion of intellect, so you need to help them more than usual.

>flank steak
>marinade
>cut into thin strips along the grain
>a box fan
>air filters stacked on top of the box fan
>lay strips into the grooves on the air filters until full, place next air filter on top of previous one, repeat and place empty filter on top of last one.
>use a bungee cord and strap the filters down to the box fan
>turn box fan on high for about 12-18 hours.
>enjoy beef jerky

Just buy a dehydrator, makes things way easier and it doubles as a heater.

This, OP. Ignore the retards arguing about Fahrenheit, Celsius, and Kelvin. Just do the box fan method and you won't be disappointed.

Can you make jerky from chicken breast? Beef is expensive

Slice meat thin as fuck, make the sauce and drench it, hang them on a clothesline with a fan or three nearby to keep off flies
I don't know the actual sauce, the one my dad used to make used peppers though

Of fucking course you can.

Though in my area chicken breast costs more than cheap cuts of beef....

Alton Brown does the box fan method. I'm just worried that it might not be completely safe because it doesn't get hot.

Dehydrators don't get hot either. They get barely warm.

Reminds me of Native American pemmican which might be weird to some of you
offthegridnews.com/how-to-2/how-to-make-pemmican-a-survival-superfood-that-can-last-50-years/

even though you don't need to, marinading it in a solution with plenty of salt and sugar would make it be pretty hard to poison yourself. Plus it will help the drying process