Is there a good "path" for books to read in relation to stoicism? An infograph, maybe?

Is there a good "path" for books to read in relation to stoicism? An infograph, maybe?

>Get off the 4chins
>Read "meditations"

I've read the Enchiridion and Meditations already.
Thankyou though.

Kill yourself. Stoicism is a spook.

great buzzword

Explain?

>Explain?

Young guy learn new concept. Mentions it all the time out of a desire to fit in with a board culture which he is paradoxically "spooked" by but doesn't notice.

No path, but can recommend you something to read.
Epictetus - Discourses
Musonius Rufus: Lectures and Sayings
Seneca (pref. everything except maybe tragedies, but at least his letters)
Pierre Hadot - The Inner Citadel (very good book by french scholar on Marcus Aurelius' Meditations)
The Stoics Reader: Selected Writings and Testimonia, Brad Inwood (haven't read)
The Cambridge Companion to the Stoics (don't go out and buy this but pirate/borrow it)

It's based on morality and morality is a spook. It is also basically saying "man up" and anything telling you that is using you because manliness is a spook too.

Eat my shit, nigger. This ideology is not only trash bin tier but also retarded.

Stirner is a spook, nihilism is a spook, the word spook itself is a spook

Not at all.

Yes, prove that it isn't
Oh wait you can't, since the idea of "proof" is a spook as well

Great fucking conversation shitstains.

Wow you sure added a lot to this conversation with your needless sarcasm and profanity. How do I subscribe to your blog so I can get more of your valuable insight?

>8
Great fucking conversation shitstain.

Woah Woah Woah lad I though all these guys talking about spooks were just memers

If they are actually being serious that is reddit atheist tier.

That's not how the word "spook" is used, user.

A spook is a societal concept that prevents you from doing something you want because you put some other imaginary idals above your own self.

It evolved into a meme, but in the core there is an actual concept which is mostly forgotten due to meme-spammers such as yourself.

This oughtta do it

Look at Aside from those, I can recommend the unconventional route.

The grand-daddy to Stoicism is Heraclitus.

Read Plato, because Stoicism means nothing without its ability to grapple with Platonic philosophy.

Read as much as you can about Epicureanism, because if the two schools were enemies, you better know what is and is not Stoicism.

And, most importantly, read everything we have by the Cynics. Stoicism is Cynicism made light. If you don't think virtue is the only good, if you don't think that the good man is the only happy man, if don't think that asceticism is necessary, then you fail to take into account your philosophic lineage and that leaves you with pop Stoicism, as someone above had called 'trash bin tier' and 'retarded'.

Stoicism is great, but most self-avowed Stoics have barely read anything by the primary sources, let alone the history and philosophic origins. Don't be a half-assed idiot. Jump into the philosophy with both feet and learn your roots!

(Learning Latin then Greek would also be to your benefit).

Read Stirner you illiterate child. "Spooks" are not a hard concept to grasp at all, how the fuck are you this wrong.

Read Stirner, you dumb fuck. Stoicism is a spook.

Read Seneca's on the shortness of life

This is the way I did it. I feel that I have a very firm grasp on the concepts and teachings now. I've applied them in my life and I'm a much better person for it.

A Guide to the Good Life by W. Irvine
(This will allow you to get a modern and practical perspective right off the bat.)

Discourses by Epictetus
(He's the most knowledgeable and experienced of all the teachers.)

Letters from a Stoic by Seneca
(He's the most likable and eloquent of the teachers.)

Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
(This is more like a diary but it has some really good nuggets of wisdom for your life.)

Nice write up. I'm saving this for later. I never thought about reading the cynics but it makes sense because the founder of stoicism began as a cynic under crates.

Why the fuck would I read stirner, I don't give a shit about spooks

Isn't that inherently contradictory? How is the idea of spooks not a social concept or an imaginary ideal that prevents people from doing what they want?

If I want to be a moral person, but morality is a "spook" hasnt the spook meme itself become a spook?

>being spooked out of being de-spooked by an imagined, inaccurate concept of spooks
There's no saving some people...

>De spooked
So reading stirner will make me not care about morality, law, and ethics at all anymore? Wow

(Tbh tho explain how stirner contributed anything outside of what an edgy thirteen year old would say when they realize "society is a construct")

Reading Stirner will inform you of how most of those things are absurd shit meant to keep you in line and working against your best interest. The fact that you think it's for teenagers only is pretty retarded.