>your degree
physical chemistry

>your job
research assistant/depressed waste of space

Major in maths minor in baking
NEET

>no degree
>farmer
Im studying ecology and do slot of field biology.
Soon I'll have the resources to do the research I want to do and the ability to hire peers to teach me how to do it.
Have fun with your jobs you dipshits

Neat neating

Civil engineering
Civil engineer

Go figure

BS Mathematics
Unemployed

>no degree
>neet

Fucked up secondary edu had profound consequences

mol bio (bsc)

research associate

>B.Sc. Biochemistry
>im an inorganic chemistry graduate student working on an organometallics / materials engineering project. I do research for below minimum wage and I TA despite absolutely hating teaching.

>B.S. in biology
>now pursuing an M.S. in embedded systems

I wish I would have found Veeky Forums when I first went to college, because I could have avoided my meme degree in biology

Welcome to grad school enjoy your stay and try not to kill yourself before you graduate and certainly not before you publish. Your PI and university would particularly hate that.

>your degree
only did highschool
>your job
unemployment

>your degree
Mixology

>your job
Bartender

MSc Environmental Science,

Intergrate disciplines in 'virtual laboratories', to disseminate patterns in nature. Don't have a job title that matches my work. But i get referred to as "The Sam".

So I am a Sam.

>Meeting
>We have a problem we want to examine
>Sam, do you want to work on this
>"ok? "
>Dissappears for 3 months
> Here is a model that examines the issue with our current knowledge from journals.
>What does this all mean
>I don't know, but the color bar makes it looks pretty.

How does your degree pertain to machine learning?

>B.Sc. in information >science and trade degree
>welder

>working on that EE degree
>IT network operations dude

Feels good to make more money than the other faggoty college kids that bitch about working at Starbucks.

wired.com/2017/01/move-coders-physicists-will-soon-rule-silicon-valley/

>Applied physics undergrad
>research assistant

What can I even do with this except research or teach?

>Bachelors in Pure Mathematics

>Junior Programmer

Cool meme

>BSc Biochemistry
>Lineworker

>BSc in EE

>Software developer doing embedded stuff

Still in university, studying biomedical engineering.

>your degree
mechanical engineering

>your job
i come into work at around 8:30. i drink my coffee and read the news till around 10. then i make some phone calls and answer emails for about an hour and then i go to lunch for a minimum of 90 minutes. i live close to work, so i often go home to fuck my wife and take a nap during this time. i do all my actual work in a few hours in the late afternoon, which mostly consists of spreadsheets and paperwork. i will always spend the last 45 minutes of the day working on personal projects and will walk out the door no later than 4:50 in the afternoon.

for this i get paid 80k$ a year with great benefits.

>plumber
>plumber

>writes a whole paragraph
>doesn't even end up saying what his job is
Great job.

>Degree
Chemical engineer
>Job
Rent boy, my job satisfaction is though the roof

i work for the federal government. i thought i made that clear.

Every single douchebag that I've ever met that works in IT/networking boasts about the money they make and I come to find out it's like $20 an hour.

>your degree
Lol High School, college is for brainlets
>you're job
Owner of a multi Billion dollar science business and professional mom fucker

That is not a job description. That is an employer description.

>your degree
none

>your job
none

Hey in my defense I only lord it over the nerds that work IT for the University making $8/hr and english majors making $10/hr. I make enough money to survive comfortably and that's it. I agree though, professional IT people are fucking faggots (source: I work with them and they shame me for actually going to college). I know my meager $20/hr isn't hot shit.

my official title is Operations Manager. thats not really going to help you either.

same here.

Sorry to attack you mate, I've just caught a lot of shit from a lot of IT faggots telling me I'm wasting time in my CompEng degree.

You described basically every office job ever.

It is. The pay is cool too.

You're good dude, no joke IT fucking blows, I just banked on an internship and turned it into a full time job while I try to get my EE BS. My new job is miles better though because I haven't mentioned I'm going to college yet, /nocollege/ brainlets can be quite judgmental.

Holy shit, you let IT monkeys make you feel bad about computer engineering?

It's easy to feel that someone is right when you see them getting a paycheck and you're still sludging through undergrad, user.

really? all the guys i graduated with are grinding 60+ hours a week for consulting firms.

>your degree
Double B.Sc, physics+chemistry
>your job
MSc, Chemical Physics
Got my first pub in 3 months :^)

All those degrees just to open a pub? I bet with those Chemical engineering degrees you brew a good beer. :^)

>your degree
DDM
>your job
Unemployed,doing unpaid internship.

College freshman here
Is a double major in biomedical engineering and physics a good idea

GPA is everything. don't let anyone here tell you differently. its better to just get one degree with a good GPA than to try for a double major and get an okay GPA.

baby your GPA to the point of dropping classes and extending your graduation date if you have to. don't burn out or overload. set your ambitions on a getting into a good grad school.

that's bullshit. i had a 3.9 in mechanical engineering and couldn't find a job.

you're just too autistic then

Actually kind of false

I'm not sure if its publicly available but one of my sociology teachers posted a study by one of his GTA's that showed negligible call-back rates (for job applications) between a B+ and an A average student

your 3.9 is getting your resume in the door. you don't even make it past the computer if its less than 3.5 for most positions.

my overall point was that its better to get a great GPA by going slow and chewing a little bit at a time than it is to go HAM and try to cram 18 credits per semester on a double major program and potentially fucking yourself.

That's true, unless you have a specialized career path in mind where you'd be maxing your potential with both degrees

there is nothing a double major is going to give you that grad school won't imo. with the amount of work you have to do for a double BS, you can just get the damn MS. i can understand if school is just a breeze for you, but if you actually have to exert yourself in college then double majors just don't make sense to me.

The freshman here, I want to receive a medical degree from an Ivy League school. In my opinion I would have the greatest advantage if I went HAM along with some extracurriculars

autistic code monkey btfo

If you think Physics is better preparing you for a career in software than CS, my only conclusion can be that you are a meme and pretending you know what you're talking about

>>your degree
Applied Mathematics
>>your job
Software engineer

>bachelor's of science in biology, minor in health
>unemployed

the only jobs I've gotten related to my job are tutoring related which suck

>all these people with no degrees

I know Veeky Forums is all about self-learning but come on, if you don't have atleast a bachelor's (or equivalent trade certificate) you're the real brainlet.

you probably applied to like four local companies and gave up when you didn't hear back.

you're just mad that you wasted 4+ years of your life on a boring as fuck degree that only trained you how to deeply tongue your boss's great big fat anus

Defense industry. Physicists do well there.

>biology
what did you expect when you picked the most over saturated stem degree
was your gpa mediocre?

I always wonder when people say this retarded shit if it's true.

fuckin' this.

>ME friend complains about not finding a job
>"man, i applied to like TWENTY places and didn't hear back"
>mfw over 200 applications over 2 semesters and at least a dozen interviews before i got an offer i liked

the anti-CS bitterness on this board is endlessly entertaining

these aren't even sour grapes it's motherfucking sour watermelons

yep. if you're limiting yourself geographically or only applying to a few jobs, don't fucking complain. this isn't the 80s. Job searching is hard now

>no degree
>supermarket
feelsbad

i mean, at least cs isn't as bad a fucking civil engineering

i think its mostly an entitlement thing. new grads don't understand that they aren't done paying dues yet.

probably. and I get it, not gonna lie. if you bust ass and do well during your bachelors, then it totally makes sense to get frustrated when employment doesn't come easy.
unfortunately the reality is that it isn't that easy.

i managed to get into a phd program, but i guess autism might help in that.

i sent out over a hundred applications, including in states like alaska and north dakota, i.e. where no one wants to live. the only calls back i got were from third party recruiting companies that were trying to fill jobs that pay 40-50k in high cost of living areas.

you have a 3.9 gpa in ME and applied to over 100 positions, and got nothing?

i dont believe you

it's true. granted that i graduated in 2013 so the market was worse than it supposedly is now, but it's true. i didn't have internships, but i did undergraduate research so it's not like my resume was bare either.

i honestly think that one of the biggest things that worked against me is that i'm a white immigrant from a non-english speaking country. i didn't fit in with the good old boys' club, and due to being white i didn't qualify as a """diversity""" hire either. i'm seeing the same thing in grad school. scholarships/fellowships for worse performing students in better financial standing than me simply because their skin is darker than mine.

i might just move out of the US after grad school, because i'm tired of being denied opportunities due to my background and the color of my skin.

>PhD in math
>job entails measuring the diameter of pizzas and then adding sauce

>not a US citizen
there's your problem, and thats why you were getting low ball offers.

it probably is because of or

bachelor math
NEET

these days I just wonder how I should off myself

>i didn't have internships
fuck everything else

this is why you didn't get any job offers. companies don't care about undergraduate research. only grad schools care about that. you don't have any real-world experience. as far as every company you applied to is concerned, your resume is bare. that's why you're not getting hired.

what kind of shit-can university did you go to that didn't require an internship as part of its graduation requirements?

>minor in baking
That's pretty neat user.
[spoiler]I would just play that up as much as possible if I could.[/spoiler]

>Junior Programmer
how'd you land that one user, it's the area I want to break into coming from math as well

didn't you learn any mathematical equations you can use towards suicide?

>tfw university doen't require internships, co-ops, or REUs as part of graduation requirements for any STEM major
it is quite the shit-can

Neither did mine.
>be a better student than 90% of the graduating class
>wanted to graduate "on time"
I wish I could just do life over again.

>Research engineer in machine learning

And I'm a bio mathematician in orbital mechanics

where did i say i'm not a US citizen? i have been a US citizen at this point for longer than i lived in the country that i was born.

yeah, that's why i originally said that the "GPA is everything" advice is bullshit. i used to believe it, until it came time to find a job and i realized just how wrong i was.

also, speaking realistically here, internships are fuck all in terms of "real-world experience." i talked to some of my peers about what they did in their internships, and quite frankly i got more out of undergraduate research than they did from their internships. however, in reality, it's as you said internships trump undergrad research.

>degree
MSc in pure math
>job

>than i lived in the country that i was born.
nobody hires immigrants lol