What books deal with themes relating to losing an election?

What books deal with themes relating to losing an election?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kqD8lIdIMRo
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Election by Tom Perrotta.

hard choices

quite a few of gabriel garcía marquez's novels feature characters who've been ousted by a coup (nobody writes home to the colonel, one hundred years of solitude, the first short story in Strange Pilgrims). it's not quite the same, but it does at least have the tang of political cuckoldry.

what a great picture of Hillary :)

The main character of Eyrie by Tim Winton is a Greens politician who gets the living shit sued out of him after he goes on a Howard Beale rant about the coal industry and is forced to quit. It's kind of similar thematically.

The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich by William L. Shirer

Canada here. What should I expect on Tuesday?

I got a feeling there's gonna be a riot.

End of America.

The Establishment is going to shut down the election based on Russian hacks to give Hillary more time to get a confident result

A lot of people are under the delusion that whoever wins, their enemies will instantly shut up and disappear.
Hill will most likely win(based on polls).
Both choices are trash.

Hilary Wins.
Trump Whines
The World Laughs

>come to Veeky Forums to escape election threads on all the boards i normally browse
>see this thread

thanks faggot

no problem sonnyjim. be sure to upboat.

But I thought that Putin would like Trump more?

Based on demographics, aren't the democrats going to win in the long run? The more Hispanic America becomes the fewer seats the GOP will win in the future.

Hard to say, maybe in border states, however a lot of people forget that Hispanic people tend to be religious, and the religious vote conservative.

Repubs might retool their approach in the future.

>But I thought that Putin would like Trump more?

Its going to be a false flag fool, keep up
There's no way they're going to take a gamble when the polls are this close

Its fucking election day, what do you expext?

wtf is going on???

1 post = 1 vote
Choose your thread wisely

Hard Choices. WAKE ME UP post-election edition.

>But I thought that Putin would like Trump more?

Of course he would. Trump is openly opposed to the US involvement in NATO activities, he might even have the country leave the alliance and withdraw troops stationed in Europe. Without the burgerlanders and their big guns, NATO is just a joke. Russia could invade and occupy the rest of Ukraine, the Baltic nations, probably Finland too, and islands from Sweden. They're already setting up troops around all those borders and positioned strategic long-range weaponry in Kaliningrad. They seem pretty sure about who's gonna win the election.

Russia is setting those troops as defensive measure, if NATO and US doesn't stick its dick in russias face it wouldn't do this. Putin is truly the greatest of all

youtube.com/watch?v=kqD8lIdIMRo

Nothing will happen. Don't listen to the retards who responded to you. Every election someone says that the apocalypse is going to happen and it never does. The entire point of having branches of government is that even if a tyrant seizes power he can't change everything overnight.

Whether Hillary or Trump get elected Congress will be controlled by the GOP, who will probably cockblock them on every turn.

Paranoia is a common characteristic among tyrants and dictators. Putin already attacked and invaded a portion of Ukraine and there are daily attacks to take the rest, even as the media keeps quiet. They're also massacring civilians in Syria as we speak. Some nice defensive measures.

The people living in Ukraine want to be part of Russia

Then why are they fighting back? Because the whole country's armed forces are indoctrinated to some foreign agenda? Yeah, sure.

>The establishment

This. You are a fucking retard (aka the average Hamerican) if you think the president has any real power or total control. The fact that anyone can vote is a travesty because you have idiots able to influence a country.

Do you even care about your local elections? They affect you way more.

Mein Kampf

Everything by Žižek.

I don't know OP, but I do know that you will have 30 days to find out.