Are "moral" philosophers (concerned about virtues) like Seneca, still relevent?

Are "moral" philosophers (concerned about virtues) like Seneca, still relevent?

Alasdair MacIntyre and David Oderberg my dude

*gun presses into your back* (masked man whispers) "sorry kid, nothing personal, give me your wallet"

No.

The only thing that can ever be relevant is money and law/enforcement

>what is education

Morality is always relevant if you want to be a Man and not an Ape.
Seneca is a good place to start, but if you are seeking to learn about Virtue, any book from the ancient past is a good idea. It mattered to the great civilizations of the past because they cared about the character and arete of their people. You should too.

Yes. Moral philosophy is where physics was in the 13th century. What the ancients had written was still relevant.

Read Peter Singer, for instance. He's a leading light and hasn't said anything that necessarily displaces the ancients.

The real revolution in moral philosophy is about to begin, I think. What we're learning about genetics and evolutionary biology could provide real insight into morality.

>What we're learning about genetics and evolutionary biology could provide real insight into morality.

Can you elaborate with an example?

>what is education
>what is requires money
>what is to acquire money

Well Pinker is staunchly pro-capitalist, which is proven to be best by cancer.
Seneca's a bit rubbish because he was an enormous hypocrite, but ancient moral philosophy is still good and studying it will make you a better person.

who is this penis venus?

If you mean virtue ethicists, yes. Since the 50's there has been a revival of virtue ethics taking as departure point Aristotle. Anscombe, MacIntyre, Foot, are examples. If you mean moral philosophy in general then also yes. Besides virtue ethics there are two other main camps, consequentialism (containing the various forms of utilitarianism) and deontological theories (Kantian). An example of the former is Peter Singer, the latter Christine Korsgaard.

just the genetic fallacy. An is=ought equating with the added trick of the "is" being a natural judgment of ought. So basically saying that what is hardwired into us in evolutionary terms to think of as good is morally good, and same for bad.

So for example, while the act of creating a species of intelligent psychopaths in a lab might be evil, they would be acting good as angels while killing and raping.

Who is this cum disposal

cum drum

>see girl like this on internet
>bon-ar
>see whores like this at parties
>pretty much ignore instantly

am i fag

decline of the west ends tonight! we back mother fuckers!

one day you will see that belief in scientific realism is just a belief

no, you know that the realization of your fantasy does not make you happy, that these girls are not worth the effort to please them

>Peter Singer
> A leading light