Hey Veeky Forums, what do you think of this piece of text I wrote?

Hey Veeky Forums, what do you think of this piece of text I wrote?

"Why do you not worship logic as your god?

Logic is the mathematical patterns that govern our reality.

The Scientific Revolution marks the point in which we began to understand and apply the logic surrounding us. As an example, the works of Galileo Galilei and Sir Isaac Newton gave us a better knowledge about the mathematical nature of the Universe. Most scientists agree that those insights had a crucial role in propelling the Industrial Revolution and all the subsequent technological advancements.

Our understandings of logic allowed us to explore the solar system and outer space, to walk on the moon and send rovers to mars. It also allowed us to created computers, the Internet and video games. Logic was responsible for our greatest feats and inventions, from cures to lethal diseases to technologies that unified the whole world. Our understanding of logic is what has basically provided structure to everything throughout history.

Some people have an easier time emotionally connecting with logic by embodying it as a “mother”, “friend” or “God” that will always be there, by your side, to take care of you.

Being aware of how logic is beautiful will allow you to grow your faith in it and will enlighten you."

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=drcseH-7hpw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Thanks, any feedback?

Kant already debunked this idea in CPR.

Could you explain shortly how? Haven't read it yet but I put it on my list, thanks!

>In section I, the discipline of pure reason in the sphere of dogmatism, Kant clearly explains why philosophy cannot do what mathematics can do in spite of their similarities. Kant also explains that when reason goes beyond its own limits, it becomes dogmatic. For Kant, the limits of reason lie in the field of experience as, after all, all knowledge depends on experience. According to Kant, a dogmatic statement would be a statement that reason accepts as true even though it goes beyond the bounds of experience.
t. Wikipedia

You're welcome :)

Reddit-tier, IFLS-type rationalizations

read a fucking book

Back to ribbit, son.

Try to explain what's wrong with it, go on I dare you. I bet you are parroting others thoughts and so don't know what to respond against this idea?

Sounds like something an indian would write on quora.

We've already done it a few dozen times.

t. Someone who understands science at best conceptually

Nice post

nice try, athene
youtube.com/watch?v=drcseH-7hpw

This is some weird ass trolling

I mean how fucking naive is it believing that everything has an underlying logic structure? I mean that's the stupidest shit ever. By the way do you really think human life has improved because of the late industrial revolution? And space travels don't even fucking matter. It's fucking dark and cold and not a place for humans because we've specifically adapted for earth.

I mean do you really believe, specially from a literary or psychological point of view, that modern technology has governed the average joe?

I see your message as one long defence for having an inlogical relationship with logic. Human activity is irrational. Love is irrational. Why the fuck would you try make logic seem ike a mother, friend or god?

Jesus christ this is plebbit.

clips dot twitch dot tv/athenelive/FancyPigeonWTRuck

He's the most intelligent person on the planet.

Is there any truth in this or is he delusional?

This sure has a lot of stupidity in one post. I'm actually scared to reply seriously, given that this is most likely bait.

He is probably the most delusional man in existence. When he asks at the end "what would the most intelligent man do?" that's God possessing him, to make his cultist fans think about this and realise the most intelligent person in the world wouldn't spend his life playing World of Warcraft.

You could replace your use of "logic" more concisely with a different word. You are speaking of logic like it is anything more than choosing the conclusion that follows naturally and reasonably from an idea. You've decided that "logic" is some magical force that shows up to guide the geniuses of the world. People worship God because purportedly he is more than an idea or force, he is a conscious, unfathomable presence that, if he existed, would be the source of logical thought.

>"Why do you not worship logic as your god?
Because I'm not autistic.

/thread

literally the most euphoric thing I've ever read on Veeky Forums

How's skim-reading Wikipedia articles on analytic philosophers going for you?

Why should I worship logic as my god? Even if everything has an underlying logical reason I and probably the whole of humanity will never fully understand this logical reason. Science answers "how?", it does not answer "why?" and the ladder is much more important. To me at least. Even if humankind should eventually learn the great hidden truth, what difference does it make? Even if we ignore the fact that this will never happen (in our life time) it still would not change that we are born into an uncaring universe and a largely uncaring society. We are thrown into this world without our consent and ripped out of it without our consent. Your desperate attempt at creating a divine substitue wont ever change that for an individual the universe, society and themselves will always remain mysteries for the most part and that life is just one long fever dream. The only god I know is the void and Ill be happy when it finally takes me into its cold embrace.

I think it's right where it belongs.

Is what I would say if this thread were the garbage can or the secret document on your computer where you hide all your shitty writing fragments in shame or in a letter to some other idiot you made friends with doing whatever it is idiots like yourselves do.

Seriously this terrible on every level imaginable. It reads like the essay from a rejected application to a lower-end end state university the only thing wrong with it is that it is shitting up the front page of Veeky Forums's literature board instead of shitting up the inside of envelope or server somewhere waiting to be read by some bleary-eyed admission's board intern.

By logic, the replies in this thread are shit.

Anyway, I like it, but:

1) Worshiping shit got us into messes in the first place, I don't think it will go much better when we worship the right thing. It'll be better, but do you know what's *even* better? *Using the fucking thing*. Using =/= worhip. People could just say "I believe in logic", without actually using it, same as they do with god(s). Your basic idea is okay, but it needs to adress this issue somehow. Tone it down for instance, like, "why do you spend more time praying for something instead of working on that something?"

2) While this is correct, it's not exactly the whole story - logic does not, by itself dictace - for instance, since you mention it - inventions. Our wants do. With them and necessery material and skill it would (if I'm not missing any premises), logically lead to inventions. And as others mentioned, experience is important - you need to know A, so that you know that it's not not-A, or B, or whatever. As you, I believe the world is logically ordered, but change one variable, and you would change everything. In both cases it's logically structured, but you don't know which exactly without experience. P.S. to all the bullshit pseudophilosopher types out there saying "we don't know if it's logically structured" - even if it wasn't there's no science without general statements. Particulars are worthless. That's also something a famous philosopher said. And I *want* science.

Rekt

Reddit tier. Post it on r/atheism, they will love it.
Obviously you have never heard of a thing called history, since you think Isaac Newton was the first to use logic. That's all I'm really going to say because the rest of the post is just pure euphoria tier shit.