Tfw want to enjoy literature but have an 85 IQ and cant understand most of it

>tfw want to enjoy literature but have an 85 IQ and cant understand most of it

ok

you could become a DFW Studies professor.

fuck off

I have an average IQ and zero attention span

I would like to read but I get bored so..

dont false flag as me

just cause im dull doesnt mean im mean

Reading will raise your IQ, it will be a nice natural progression.

to be honest? This

why dont you just enjoy what you spontaneously enjoy and stop being a fucking snob?

This. Read because it's fulfilling in some way other than building the ability to say you're """"well read""""

then get off of Veeky Forums you unintelligent mongoloids

Attention span and 'IQ' are both skills you improve by reading.
Start with shit that's easy to be gripped by. Go read some Dan Abnett 40k or The Golden Compass series or Enders Game or something. Work your way up.

k I will

This is bait, right

It's ok just google youtube for hip hop translations

IQ is an average, a person with an 80 IQ could be a genius, it's just much rarer.

No its popular opinion that IQ is completely environmental unless you have a diagnosed neurological problem.

The recs are condescending and sincere.

It's just a proud, stupid person on Veeky Forums. Don't mind.

Only if you count great sports-people as geniuses.

I don’t buy all the importance and determinism that many people put on IQ scores, but you will not find a true genius in great art and science with IQ scores lower than 120.

No.
I think everyone goes through the same stages in appreciating an art form. First you love the action, then you love the ideas, then you love the process.

So for books you start by reading for the action and for the plot, for me it was 40k novels that first got me hooked, then you read for the ideas, for me this was in high school and I devoured high concept sci fi along with some classics like Dorian Grey and Frankenstein and Gulliver's Travels, then you read for the writing itself. For me Gene Wolfe was the gateway to this stage where I discovered Nabakov and Faulkner and Joyce and all the rest.

It's the same process for all mediums though. Like music, we all started listening to shit with a strong beat (Green Day for me) before getting into the more experimental, idea heavy stuff (Pink Floyd and Berlin Bowie come to mind). I'll probably never get to that final stage of musical appreciation cause I don't know how to play an instrument, but I imagine the final stage is listening to the individual performances and admiring the skill.

Or visual art where first you think it's just about a pretty picture then you get into styles and movements and eventually youre admiring brush work.

And more importantly it's necessary to go through the stages. If you haven't become so accustomed to a standard plot as to be bored by it then you'll probably find something experimental to be simply weird and impenetrable. And if you haven't absorbed a ton of the medium then you won't be able to appreciate true mastery of it.

You do realise that IQ has nothing to do with humanities, right?
It's a test that determines your aptitude for finding patterns, i.e. skill necessary to be successful in hard sciences like math and physics

All of reality is patterns, IQ applies to everything

>aptitude for finding patterns
that's super important for literature though.

>81 IQ
>ugly kissless virgin
>nigger
>aspergers
>bipolar
>schizoid
>avoidant personality disorder
>dead parents
>never had a friend
My love for animals keeps me from anheroing. I thought I was at /an/ btw

You should also take the test twice. I raised mine by 40 points because of adderall.

There's always STEM.

Planet Earth is back again with a new episode after 10 years. It's absolutely amazing. You should all go watch it

Post pictures of your pets :)

Jesus is that real? What episode number is it from? I wanna know WTF that lizard was doing. And I've never heard of snakes hunting together like that.

Yes it's real. It's the first episode of season 2.

What's your favorite book cover?

the lizard was born there in the sand and immediately set upon by snakes. i don't think they're hunting together though I think they're all just attacking it

[citation needed]

>No its popular opinion that IQ is completely environmental unless you have a diagnosed neurological problem.
I have never heard this

Most agree that IQ is mostly inheritable. You can improve your knowledge and working memory, but IQ is set

You don't absolutely have to go through a vigorous process to start reading high brow shit. The only plot centric shit I read was sherlock Holmes and Orwell, after that, I pretty much went with Nabokov for some time before settling on philosophy

>IQ is completely environmental
not if you're a nigger

>thinks IQ can be improved by reading
My god, where have we gone wrong?

My iq is 135 and literature is below me. I read it as comedy when im not daytrading.

No, dumbass. Iq is completely, 100% worthless in adults in every single way.

I always get baited in iq threads, but there are a small handful of people that unironically value iq in adults.

>IQ applies to everything thus everything applies to IQ
good pattern find smarty pants