twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Stop watching anime

you got me there senpai but legit i whant to know

Rice cooker

Add a shitload of baking soda.

also fold whipped egg whites into your batter

>think user is memeing me because o come from /a/
>its actually tru

holly shit do i need specifically a japanice rice cooker or eny rice cooker works?

>willingly eating 1500 calories on one sitting

im skinny user and i dont care alot about my health

I've made these in a pan but they were disappointing. It might sound obvious but they don't taste like pancakes at all, they just look like pancakes. They're more like sponge cakes.

Do americans actually do this?

Start them in a cast iron pan and then put it in a slow cooker

i believe they're steamed

No it's a japanese thing

They like really thicc bread as well

Lol, japs jelly of big American penisu so they have to compensate by making ludicrously oversized pancakes. Fat Man and Little Boy did nothing wrong.

[spoiler]lol[/spoiler]

o h fuck this isn't /co/

Veeky Forums is 18+ only.
One of the things I miss most about living in Japan is that bread came in the same cube portion, was priced the same, but was slice in various increments from 4-8. The bread wasn't full of preservatives so the bread only lasted a few days, but the cube size was the perfect portion.

In America you get this shitty loaf with the bread that is sliced extremely thin and all the same width (to fit in a toaster) so its really only good if you want a gross untoasted sandwich or don't actually like toast and you want a crunchy piece of bread.

At some point doesn't it stop being a pancake and become a potcake? Or maybe that's only if you use the special butter...

Weeb. Opinion immediately disregarded

Extra fluffy pancake batter in a rice cooker

It's more they like soft fluffy bread, which will hold together better if its thiccer.
They don't produce as much saliva as gaijin roundeyes so normal bread is hard for them to chew.

>They don't produce as much saliva as gaijin roundeyes
Dubious claim. Source?

Japan's foremost weeaboo, Peter Barakan, in an NHK documentary on Japanese bread.

youtube.com/watch?v=EbTeytoiV-A#t=2m45s

Don't know what his source was though

Fine by me, thanks.

beat egg whites to a stiff peak and fold it in the batter

Thats if you eat 661g of them

Oh to be young, skinny and reckless again.

looks like it requires extra baking soda and a specially shaped pan/pot

>trips wasted on a newfag

>on one sitting
it means you will digest only half of it, if not less. falling for the calorie count meme is the trap of the mentally challenged.

isn't it just with one of these?

No,they're made in a rice cooker. Google it, or reverse-image-search the OP pic.

I've never seen one of the things you posted larger than about 3" at most.

I can confirm this. A few of the zojiroshi have a specific setting for it

My poorfag family used to only use water when making pancakes, but I've only recently learned how much of a difference milk makes.

It's more about fluffyness than thickness.
Show me one of these pieces of shit that doesn't look like high density foam rubber when they move it around.

If you think that's good, try it with buttermilk

so much this.
buttermilk ruins all other pancakes

No, using one of those will just give you raw batter inside

Taking notes...
Whip egg whites and fold in batter
Butter milk
More bakeing powder
Cook in rice cooker?

Are there any other way to improve a pancake? I've seen a few recipes online and they are shit. Does order of ingredients matter when your mixing up the batter? Can you mix batter too much? Is there an ideal temperature for the batter before cooking?
I'm very curious how much you can improve a simple dish..

The fuck are you talking about.
Please explain.

>falling for the calorie count meme is the trap of the mentally challenged.
Med student here, I think you're clueless as fuck. Calorie counting does work.

I can confirm this. Lost 20ish pounds with no exercise in 5 weeks.

I plan on buying 6 butterfingers after work and eating them all in one sitting.

んなわけねーだろw
youtube.com/watch?v=-LQ8JJ_sl1Q

From an evolutionary standpoint, if you're a jap you don't really need a big dick since Japanese women have tiny vaginas and Japanese boys have tight buttholes

hmmmmm...

And that's why japs are inferior.

Pancake batter in slow cooker overnight.

thiccccccccc

Pancakes are my specialty so I'd thought I'd try this out because of this thread.
I've never used a rice cooker to make pancakes. I had to hit the white rice button over the course of an hour.
It's much faster to use the griddle.

I have got
>flour
>cocoa
>eggs
>sugar
>oats
but no milk

What can I make? I want to make some kind of chocolate pancakes or chocolate oat cookies or brownies or muffins or something but I don't know any recipes.

Get some milk you cheap prick

it's 4am

i don't live near any 24 hour stores

put it all in a mug with some water and microwave it and post results

>people will take this bait

how do i flip pancakes?

they always splash

if you have butter you can melt it down and maybe add something acidic.. or any oil even (saturated would work best)

they'll be caloric as fuck but they'll probably turn out

Docs and fitness coaches all around the world say that calorie counting and dieting will always be better than working out if you're planning on losing weight

Suits vide then reverse sear in a cast iron.

You're flipping too early.

I know that there is a way to achieve this by using a flat grill (pic related). Put on some batter, and flatten it. Then slowly lift the grill and put something between it to keep it in place.

What is with the predication towards thick pancakes?

Do some people believe them to be better than more conventionally apportioned pancakes or something?

I think people like them because they're different from what they're used to seeing. A novelty.

Personally I'd rather have a few normal pancakes than one extra-thick one; I like the texture of the cooked surface, and you get more of that from multiple thinner pancakes.

son I can do much worse than that