I watched a video from two years ago that claimed scientists have created a magnetic monopole

I watched a video from two years ago that claimed scientists have created a magnetic monopole.

The most current wikipedia page for magnetic monopoles states that they do not currently exist and we have not made them.

So which is it? Have we made a magnetic monopole or haven't we?

Other urls found in this thread:

cafepress.com.au/mf/62374084/ic-monopole-s_magnets
kjmagnetics.com/products.asp?cat=16
physicsforums.com/threads/hollow-spherical-magnet.295690/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mandela effect

Monopolies don't exist. People are delusional or liars looking for attention, nothing surprising there.

/sci is literally shit tier, and has never understood the dielectric universe, they're too stuck on crackpot theories like relativity and comparing dicks through bullshit math equations with no real world tangibility or test-ability.
>muh maths
a monople magnet was part of tesla's theories to create a free energy generator which were seized and suppressed following his death. you can find the patent and the diagrams if you want to see, just do some digging

>free energy
That's the fastest way to tell your theory is full of shit. The first and most important law of the universe - there ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

I didn't falsely remember that a magnetic monopole had been created. I watched a video. I watched the video today. The video was posted, and therefor FROM, two years ago. During the same day that I watched this video I also read on wikipedia that magnetic monopoles had not yet been created.

It was not the Mandela effect.

it's a term of phrase user, the free energy is similar to the "free" energy from a hydroelectric damn, in this case apparently using magnetic fields instead of the flow of water

This comment shows a lack of respect for critical thinking or scientific literacy.

>Lots of people tried and failed so it is impossible.
>Lots of people believe in a god so a god must be real.

If millions of people tried to prove 1+1=3 and they all failed then you'd say that trying to disprove 1+1=2 is the fastest way to tell their theory is full of shit. That's purely basing the merits of a given situation based on other situations which may or, and this is the important part, MAY NOT be comparable.

Evaluate each situation independently. Your type of thinking is why racism even exists. Not all Asians are good at math.

>Not all asians are good at math, but a nigger is still a nigger.
FTFY

>"shows a lack of respect for critical thinking or scientific literacy"

so does believing in a magnetic monopole, a construct that would violate the conservation of energy with the fields that it would create

>"Your type of thinking is why racism even exists"
cars aren't broken into by magnetic monopoles

cafepress.com.au/mf/62374084/ic-monopole-s_magnets

Believing in a magnetic monopole does show a lack of respect for scientific literacy. So does assuming. I never said I believed in it. I said that I saw a video which claimed it had been created but also read that it had not. I asked if it had. I didn't say that it had.

Considering that it might be real isn't much of an improvement. You should know better.

I didn't assume either way. You should know better.

>evaluate each situation independently
>"gee this guy has already shot half my class but maybe he'll be reasonable with me"

In that situation you are judging him by what he did. You horribly misunderstood somehow or don't grasp the concept.

You don't get it, there is no assumption to be made. If you know what a monopole is supposed to be you should know it's impossible. Or even if it wasn't, the way to find that out is through first an amazing theory followed by intentional high energy physics by reputable labs. Not "lol we found one" by some chucklefucks.

Dirac theoretically predicted magnetic monopoles could exist once, but I don't know if it's still valid. If you look at the difference in the field strength of the E field monopole and dipole then posit the same order of magnitude separation for the B field monople and dipole, the magnetic monopole should be way stronger and it's possible we haven't reached those energy levels yet. Not sure if that is a too naive of view on things. Also not sure if it'd be stronger than the strong force though. Maxwell's equations do seem to be begging for that symmetry however.

What would happen if we took a sphere and glued magnets onto it, in such a manner that the same pole was always on the inside.
Would it be externally one pole?
Would it affect where inside each magnet the boundary between N and S is?
Would the magnets weaken for being in this configuration?
How would a ferrous vs nonferrous central sphere affect the system?

This is Veeky Forums not overunity.com you stupid fucks. Now GTFO my board.

Would this work, Veeky Forums?

>Gibbs
>free energy
the memes write themselves

kjmagnetics.com/products.asp?cat=16

Notice how none of those are like that? I wonder why.

intriguing idea, I found some guys near the bottom of this thread saying it would cancel itself out
>physicsforums.com/threads/hollow-spherical-magnet.295690/