Local Sandwiches

I'm interested to hear what the popular local sandwiches are in your area. Pic related is the Muffaletta, New Orleans' 2nd most popular sandwich. It's delicious. The debate centers around whether it should be eaten toasted or cold. I'm in the toasted camp 100%.

>seeded bread (not a bun)
>mortadella
>ham
>salami
>provolone/Swiss
>olive salad

If you're interested in reading about it, here's a link. The origins of the sandwich are murky, but consensus is that it started at Central Grocery in the French Quarter.

nola.com/300/2017/03/history_of_muffuletta_sandwich_new_orleans_03192017.html

Other urls found in this thread:

food.com/recipe/gold-rush-sauce-frenchs-mustard-recipe-116051#activity-feed
youtube.com/watch?v=7iMjFoT7yWE
burgerbeast.com/frita/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If eating it cold is traditional that I say break from tradition
Toasted, 100%

Definitely better warmed up, and olive salad is awesome. Pretty expensive though.

Rather than naming something interesting from where I'm from, I'd just like to point out that the shrimp po'boys at the rampart food store are also amazing. The store itself is shit, but the sandwiches are great.

bread is too big

I know Rampart. And they sell a nice-sized jar of Rouse's brand olive salad at the grocery for $6.99. I fucking love op boys and muffulettas.

Raw pepperoni and bland mozzarella shoved into a roll and underbaked, re-refrigerated and then microwaved for 30 seconds inside of plastic wrap, removed, and wrapped in tin foil to go.

I'm not joking. They're 3/10 and edible once a month.
West Virginia.

It's a burger with cheese in the patty instead of on top if it. They're okay.

I think I've heard of this.

It's good both ways, cold or toasted, but the luscious olive salad in a sandwich that was made hours ahead marinates meat and bread, and makes the sog the bread needs. It's a pretty dense bread, not like a normal french baguette and should be better the longer it sits.

Juicy Lucy. Minnesota?

Pepperoni rolls my dude.

Millions of times have I said "just fry the fucking pepperoni before putting it into the sandwich" but my cries fall on 74iq ears.

The people here are literally fourteen times as retarded as the rumors you have heard.

They sell "pizza" versions here which is sausage and raw pepperoni in a bun with a tiny bit of cheese.
No sauce.

No fucking sauce.

>cheese inside patty
fucking stupid meme - almost as bad as putting an egg on burgers

shmuffins
shmuscuits
shmagels

most god tier regional chicken sandwich.. the "gold rush"

what all's on it?

Shut the fuck up sheetz holy shit.
I'm taking 27 stok shots and leaving, fuck you guys.

a kaiser roll with chicken, bacon, monterey jack, and "gold rush" sauce.

I haven't completely nailed down the sauce, but it's a honey based sauce with some dry mustard and bbq spices to render it about the thickness of pancake syrup.

I love Sheetz' MTO sandwiches.

Cheese.

>almost as bad as putting an egg on burgers
WHAT
you're telling me that adding a nice topping that actually adds to the flavor of the burger is worse than putting an ingredient already in a burger in a stupid location?

fuck off

>I haven't completely nailed down the sauce, but it's a honey based sauce with some dry mustard and bbq spices to render it about the thickness of pancake syrup.
It's from a 40 year old french's mustard recipe booklet according to this website. Enjoy!
food.com/recipe/gold-rush-sauce-frenchs-mustard-recipe-116051#activity-feed

Only one in central Ohio is the Thurminator, a horrible abomination that I will never consume. I guess we came up with Wendy's and White Castle too, but who cares

i don't think that's right. it seems to just be another sauce called gold rush and not the one used on the sandwich.

This is probably the most New York sandwich I can think of.
Bacon, Egg and Cheese on a roll. A great breakfast if you have a long day ahead or are very hungover.

>bad as putting an egg on burgers
>egg on burgers
>bad

Fucking thrilling.

All the toppings in the world, and you choose just cheese.

I... can relate.

youtube.com/watch?v=7iMjFoT7yWE

puttng eggs on burgers is almost as bad as using avocado

Congrats, you fell for the "epic burger toppings" meme. Egg does not belong on burger. If you want to eat egg sandwich then eat a breakfast biscuit.

Agreed.

Cheese and Vegemite

Or I like eggs and beef together. I eat steak and eggs too.

We have a brat burger at work it is two bratwurst patties raspberry habanero jam up a mustard tomatoes caramelized onions and gouda cheese.

We started making muffulettas at the place I work at, I fucking love making the sandwich every time because I know how goddamn good it is
I can't get enough of that olive salad and I hate olives

I grew up there and we went to the market on Saturdays for these. As an adult I look back on that experience and think, It was just an okay sandwich.

Louisville, Kentucky's Hot Brown.

It's an open faced turkey and bacon sandwich with Mornay sauce. I have lived here for three years and never had one.

> I eat steak and eggs too.
nobody said there was anything wrong with that

You cant call a store or restaurant a market. That's just weird. Its like calling your car your automobile.

A local market to trade shekels for the queens muff sammich

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I love a good muff sandwich, I've never had one toasted, though It sounds heavenly.

The quintessential sandwich around here would have to be the Cuban. Dill pickle, ham, roasted pork, yellow mustard, swiss cheese all layered on Cuban bread before rubbing it down in butter and pressing it. Goddamn are they good.

This

We have Polish boys

Taste wise they're pretty okay at best

Pictured is NOT a cuban sandwich, it's a Broscatos. It's some kind of fusion between a steak sandwich, an italian sub, with lettuce and tomato, and a cuban. Oh god, it has salami on it too. Silly Tampa people!

A good cuban sandwich is the croqueta preparada. There's a nice squishy ham softness added in the regular cubano sandwich recipe which is: mustard, pickle, swiss, spanish ham, roast pork on garlic buttered and pressed cuban bread.

But the unique goodness sandwich from Miami is the Frita Cubana. The hamburger that is half chorizo meat, a crispy cuban roll, potato sticks but with added fried maduros.

Cuban sandwiches from publix are my favorite. I like the addition of mayo and I prefer it cold though. It's a family tradition to take cold cuban sandwiches from Publix in a cooler to the beach. Nothing more Tampa than a Cuban sandwich.

and do they always purposely drop it all on the floor and scoop it up with a plastic tray like that, or do you have to specially request it?

Ernies market in Oak Park, Michigan. Massive portions for around ~$7. Sandwiches are awesome and the guy making them, Ernie, is incredibly friendly.

burgerbeast.com/frita/

They do purposely put more matchstick papas than will actually fit on the sandwich. They go on a cuban steak sandwich too.

Place I used to love in my childhood smothered a platter sized steak with them, Lilas on Coral Way, but they closed when the shopping center tore it all down for a big Home Depot *sniff*. Rio Cristal is nearly the same and as old, has the minced onion and cilantro on the steak, but not quite equally thin shoestring fries.

Then how is it wrong on a burger? Extremely similar flavor profiles. Fucking mongoloids who set retarded rules for food and then expect everyone to adhere to them.
I fucking hate autistic people, if Trump is putting people in camps then autists should go first (but they won't because his fucking son is autistic)

Burgers aren't steaks m8

Nope, not an answer or argument. Foods go together because they taste good. Burgers and steaks taste similar (with totally different textures), therefore the flavors work together.
Eggs on other meat sandwiches are also delicious. Beef doesn't work why? Strictly because you have autism.

Sheetz is shit compared to Wawa.

Hoagie days every day.

I got turned off of muffeletas when some retard forgot to pit the olive and I bit into the pit.

Why even bother stacking it when it's just going to be a pile before the first bite is chewed.

>Burgers and steaks taste similar
You're either fucking up your burgers, steaks, or both if you think this.