What's the weirdest, stangest, most unlikely reason for which you took up a book?

youtube.com/watch?v=xjOTBaqNyCM

I took up Jane Austen just because of this vid.

A crackhead told me to read Illuminatus

Took Gravity's rainbow out of the library when I was 13 cos of the Klaxons song named after it

I read Ulysses after talking to a QT about IJ and she said Ulysses made her wet

I wanted to masturbate with the pedo descriptions, but I ended crying with the ending.

I bought this because her twitter feed always made me chuckle.

any good?

seconded, is it good?

Someone told me there was gay sex in the movie so I wanted to see if there's gay sex in the book too.

I read Bridge to Terabithia recently because there was a /tv/ thread about the movie where the OP said "did she deserve it?" and someone replied "of course she did." I was intrigued.

I'm curious, what was their reasoning?

Oh, he was either a christfag or just being contrarian, apparently he seemed to think she deserved it for doubting God.

>that video just now
What the fuck did I just watch?

A funny meme as seen on Tumblr Dot Com

Actually, yes it is. She's surprisingly honest for a woman.

I read a book I found on the subway once

>Journey to the End of the Night
>The Notebook, The Proof, and the Third Lie
Some Anons said they felt awful for weeks after reading these books, so I had to read them. Great reads, I recommend them.

Damn, I don't think I even remember anymore. I think not?

read Catch-22 when I was 14 because of the ska band which was my introduction to literary fiction as something outside of school

lol I thought I was the only one

Yeah its decent. It has a lot of "behind the scenes" stuff and you learn what kind of life someone in her position has. Shes quite an honest open person but a little bit of a handful for me personally. If you can pick it up cheap and have a day to kill get it.

I read Great Expectations when I was 10 because of that one South Park episode.