Either I'm an idiot or a genius

So, I'm making enchiladas and I was thinking, you know, I put all this effort into rolling up my enchiladas and all the meat falls out the sides when the time comes to take them out of the pan. So, I made little tiny burritos instead, so all the meat doesn't fall out the sides when I pull it out of the pan.

Now I know what you're going to say:
>You're not making enchiladas anymore you're making smothered burritos

Burritos smothered in enchilada sauce is still an enchilada in my book (maybe a burrilada?)

>Eww what is covering the top of your enchiladas

Extra filling, including chicken thigh meat which doesn't look pretty off the bone and chopped up but dark meat tastes way better than white meat and it will all look the same once I cover it in sauce (this is the stage before the sauce and cheese). I stand by my decision to use thigh meat.

>it's not authentic kys

Yeah, I could use corn tortillas but I think they taste gross, I could make my own enchilada sauce and spend 3 hours on something that is only going to be slightly better than what takes me 30 minutes. As long as there are no mexicans watching I'm doing it the lazy American way, if you want it done any other way more power to you.

Feel free to steal my technique or call me a dumbass.

If you like the food you cooked, that's great user

tell me about the filling

Using flour tortillas for enchiladas.
You're never going to make it.

nice blog post.

You can't fool me, you just vomited on a bunch of burritos.

He responded to every possible question guys. Pack it up, nothing to see here!

Thigh meat > white meat

FACT

I used chicken thighs, green peppers, and onions all sautéd together with a storebought fajita seasoning because I'm lazy.

Please refer to the original post

Hrm, I think stuff might be falling out for various reasons: you might not be baking it long enough to reduce and set up the sauce, or cooling it long enough before serving. Maybe there isn't any cheese binding the interiors? Maybe you need a great spatula.

OP, make it like a lasagna instead. Lay out tortllas trimming where needed to fit the pan's edges, or just slice them in halves using cut edges along sides. I alternate meaty layers, with cheese or beany layers. Enchilada sauce over all. Good cheese on the top.

>flour v corn tortillas
I might try that because trying to get corn tortillas to hold together and not be retarded is a pain in the ass.

I hope you are planning on adding more sauce and shredded cheese to this or you are not making enchiladas

I don't use any cheese in the middle, so that might be my issue. I'm also impatient and there is no way I let it cool down long enough.

you need to lightly fry corn tortillas first you dip

No cheese inside? Not even cream cheese?

>thinks corn tortillas are gross

Why does it matter what its called or what other people think of it? You don't have anything to prove to anyone, cook your food the way you like it.

>burrilada
>Not part of the enchiritto master race

I know.

Yeah, lasagna style is how my family has always done it.

I'm a Mexican and I give no fucks about how you or anybody else prepares they're meal, if you like it that way than way to go op you made it to your own liking

t. tendie eater

Also taco Bell's good