Steak frites

only the finest ingredients will do

NEVER HAD CANADIAN BEEF BUT THAT IS SOME ACCEPTABLE MARBLING I THINK YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE A MIGHTY FINE MEAL.

S A L T Y
A
L
T
Y

potatoes

cut
cleaned
soaked
drained

first dip
140 c refined coconut oil

meanwhile...

PAN

NICE

AND

HOT

melt salted butter + duck fat

sizzzle

potatoes are half done and waiting for their next dip in 185 c refined coconut oil

...sizzzzle...

forgot pic

but i didn't forget
THE SIDES

waiting for that perfect colour

steaks are finishing in the oven @ 225 c

deglaze with chicken stock and add some fresh thyme for pan sauce while the meat rests a few minutes

plate

E A T
W A L A

>Misread title as "Steak Fries"
>Expected troll thread where OP pisses off Veeky Forums but cutting a high quality steak into strips and deep frying them
Pretty good thread anyway.

that's some good shit OP

>steak into strips and deep frying them
Why does this actually sound good

disgusting. try fucking cooking you dumbass. you faggots eating super rare steaks 'because muh manliness' need to take a hike.

>coconut oil
I've been wanting to cook with coconut oil, but I'm afraid of infusing everything with the taste of coconut, which I find pretty nasty. How do you avoid that?

Not bad at all op

here in Idaho we call those Finger steaks.
literally battered and friend steak slices

What are you on about? That's a proper medium, even kids eat steak like that.

In the South we have something similar, just battered and fried beef referred to as chicken fried steak.

Well done OP and I don't mean well done like this faggot

>Chicken stock
>Not using beef stock
??

refined coconut oil has a neutral flavor

You still have to steer, faggot.

yeah, it's pretty laughable how bad it is
usa flour can go suck an egg, also

you forgot to slice and fry the steak dumbass, you made "steak WITH frites" instead

i botched the beef stock i made

didn't want to ruin my dinner with it

>not letting them cool right down to room temp between 1st & 2nd fry
And that's why all your effort was for nought.

I like greens with mine

Creamy spinach

>what is waiting?

A critical step to get the best fries. Why take the effort to double fry if you can't be bothered to let them cool between fryings?

you're a legit retard

what's on the upper left plate?

more specifically, what is the concave cylinder thing with the dark band around it on top of the cauliflower and carrots?

hog snapper with the tail still on. I think the sauce was veloute based maybe

a fish, of course... i thought it was some sort of spicy root or something

i always forget about fish because they make me anaphylactic

Undercooked center, too much blood juice all over

That is some nice looking meat.

is this a Veeky Forums thing?

there's always some guy who makes a loud post at the beginning of a thread, and some other guy points out the decades old cruise control meme.

I don't see this on other boards.

That steak looks perfect, nice work senpai

This is fantastic. I'd prefer mine just 5 to 10 degrees warmer in the center, but 10/10 user.

This is so much better than that fag ass bullshit meme vide post a week ago with all the guns. that guy was a fucking faggot - the kind that sucks dicks.

That guy's steak was shit tier.

Nice job OP. One of the much better steak jobs I've seen in this cesspool of autism

Do you like eat?

kek, that fucking guy

what happened in his second thread that it got deleted? i was following it and then came back to it totally gone

That looks like a blade cut tho

lovely my man

i expected you to fuck it up but you didn't

good work op

[spoiler]let it rest next time

Today's steak judgement panel, featuring your favourite jpsie.

For today's thread, we've chosen the faggot op whose steak exemplifies everything wrong with the amateur steak. That said, his picture of his "just good enough to trick anyone who doesn't know any better" steak were thorough and very useful for criticism. Let's get started!

Image 1: The first exhibit that shows one of the main tells for a mediocre steak is outlined by the post as well as the image - sizzle.
Prior to frying, op posted , a Jewish process of salting the steak to draw out moisture. The process is a bit misleading, since while it does draw out moisture, most of that moisture remains on the surface of the steak, and the moisture will only be drawn from the first eighth of an inch from the surface (notice from these images that the steaks are also clearly thicker than supermarket cuts). This is why the steak "pops" when dipped into hot oil. More importantly, the blood is still inside the steak. This leads to...

Steaks should not be sour.
99% of all homemade steaks are sour.
This is because homemade steaks are made by people who believe in freshness.
Freshness largely leads to sour steaks.
This image explains why that is - blood.
Every time you see blood from cutting a steak, immediately ask yourself - does it taste sour?
Even outside tasting sour, having blood coming out will immediately dilute the taste of the fat in the steak - y'know, the marbling that you so painstakingly nitpicked in the first place. Blood tastes different from cowfat, and the two hate eachother.

So what did op do right?
Well the presentation is certainly impressive. A hot pan, likely flipped a few times, the internal temperature looks good. Certainly lacking in spices (and by spices I mean black pepper), but better than wasting the spices by spraying it onto the steak before it goes in the oil.
6/10.

And I totally reversed the images.
Serves me right for posting on a Nicaraguan seashell trade post.

>That's a proper medium
Nope.

No point posting just one image

There's no blood in any steak that makes it to a supermarket

this faggot can't even troll properly

how sad

Wow. This is probably the first time I've seen someone post an accurate meat temp chart on Veeky Forums - it's always way overdone.

Rare should be literally red and Mid-well should still have pink in the center. Anything else is incorrect. I really don't get why there are so many inaccurate charts floating around on the internet.

To be really honest, I struggled to find one, which is why I posted two. I was trying to find the same one as the poster on our kitchen wall, but alas, I'll have to actually pay attention at work and see who the fuck makes those things.

The first chart I found was a sous vide chart, which isn't exactly fair when you're pan frying.

Clearly. Its not blood, its juice. You can salt and immediately cook. If you salt and wait, you have to wait at least 45 minutes to cook. Nice try though.

He started posting his W2 income statements in a sad attempt to prove his self worth.

It was truly pathetic.

The steak was slightly improved over the time before - but OP in this thread did a 150% better job in 10% of the time with 10% of the cookware.

>jpsie