Beautifully incomprehensible.

How?

Because logic cannot into pictures ;^)

tripple A. top 10 of all time.

that the index to a larger work.

What this guy said

I love it when people pretend like this shit makes any sense whatsoever

DUBSSSS

I haven't gone through it front to back, but there is a lot that compels me to thinking.

I wouldn't try to slog through it. May working on a single sentence a day would be worth your time. Just wake-up, read a single section or subsection, and meditate upon for the rest of the day.

Uh, what?

It's actually very easy to understand, just map out what he says and keep in mind the concept of 'Truth Functions' at all times.

if you put anyone who says they understood this book in front of wittgenstein and asked them to explain it to him, hed probably end up beating you unconscious with a hot poker

Kill yourself.

You are no different to all these disciples of his who obsess themselves over his personal life than his actual work.

The Tractatus is not difficult to understand, you simply have to understand the mathematical nature of propositions and elementary propositions he lays out and the philosophy on top in its relation to states of affairs and the world.

if you understood it you wouldnt get mad on the internet like a redditor

Yes, bring up reddit you blithering buffoon. The sooner you are put out to grass and relentlessly beaten the better!

of course a redditor makes references to grass
go back to /r/trees and talk about your homemade zelda art or whatever

I think it's a complex approach to simple ideas.

But I liked it, it's always nice to see your ideas converted into phrases

i don't understand how he thinks you're supposed to follow all of it

Wittgenstein in his later stages ended up refuting some of the claims he made in this work in later works.

Wittgenstein also is notorious for claiming "no one understands me". He even complained that Bertrand Russell, who wrote the intro to this work, got many of his ideas wrong.

Dont get me wrong, I am a huge fan of Wittgenstein. But this work is possibly not the best place to start with his ideas; Wittgenstein created the Blue (and brown?) Book-designed specifically for students being introduced to his ideas- to help explain his work and thought. I have found it to be far easier to understand than Tractatus.

>Wittgenstein in his later stages ended up refuting some of the claims he made in this work in later works.
The work refutes itself.

This, late Wittgenstein is best Wittgenstein
Philosophical Investigations, the Blue book, and On Certainty are much more valuable than the Tractatus. You won't get the full picture of his philosophy, but you'll get some great bits and pieces