I want to make cheap, fast hooch (2-3 weeks max) to drink with friends. was researching kilju (sugar, wine...

i want to make cheap, fast hooch (2-3 weeks max) to drink with friends. was researching kilju (sugar, wine, yeast) but i'd like to hear suggestions from you guys.

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/74005653
twitter.com/AnonBabble

fuck meant to say sugar, water, yeast as primary ingrediants for kilju.

Nice cum jar. Would love to drink all that salty good. Sometimes I like to collect guys' cum from gay book shops, glory holes etc. and pour over my clothes. I love being covered in cum in public, I can feel people staring at me, knowing i'm a filthy cumslut.

>buy apple juice
>put raisins and yeast in apple juice
>put balloon on juice bottle
>cut hole in balloon
>wait until it stops bubbling
>have hooch

So are you like 16 or some such, not allowed to buy big boy vodka? If you want something halfway decent just buy some fruit juice and toss some champagne yeast in it.

Fuck this guy, just manually vent the cap every once in a while.

The cheapest and fastest is taking grape juice, emptying it a little, adding sugar and yeast and giving it a shake. You should have wine in about a week.

Condom rather than balloon as it's sterile. And don't put a pin prick in it until it has started to swell. After a week or so once it deflates you know it's ready.

>Water
>Malt Extract
>Sugar
>Yeast

Leave it for 3-4 days.
You just made (really bad) beer.

You guys are all retarded.
Get a screw top gallon jug and agitate the mix to build up co2. Slightly unscrew it until the pressure releases and leave it like that.

Your balloons and glass airlocks and shit highly amuse me because you take the existing airlock off to add a new one. Why?

Condom holy shit see above post you massive fucking morons, use the fuckibg lid that comes with it.

I know, I'll pour this juice out of its bottle, into another even bigger bottle so I can unscrew the cap.

*Transfers spring water from gallon jug into empty purified water bottle*

Are you really LARPing on Veeky Forums?
*pricks up McChickens*

You can make garbage cans full of sugar wash and distill it. Or drink it like wine if you're a savage. It finishes to dry in 5-7 days.

115L of water
30Kg Sugar
1326ml tomato paste (8.5cans)
5tsp Citric Acid
380g Yeast
1 tsp Epsom salt
2 campden tablets in water

Final SG is .990

And dude they ALL have screw tops so they don't accidentally ferment slightly and blow up.

I mean you literally can't even get juice with a pop top.

OP why do you hate your liver?

Sounds awful

I just started this two days ago. Its pineapple with raisens and cinnamon. Smells strong already. Im going to make a gallon of wine and two bottles of beer with it. Recipe only calls for 3-5 weeks.

Derp. Forgot pic.

>balloon
You know airlocks are a fucking dollar online, right?

If you have an airlock like the one in the pic you posted, all you need is a bottle of juice (preferably grape or cranberry) and about 1/5 of a packet of yeast and let it ferment for 48 hours, and you can make wine really fast and cheap. Doesn't taste that bad either.

Sure. But the cost goes up when you factor in shipping. And you have to wait for them to arrive. Balloon is cheaper, works fine, and is readily available. I've even used something so simple as a sterilized drinking glass inverted over the top of the carboy with zero problems.

I've been working on some apple juice wine

2 gallon jugs of cheap apple juice
Dissolve in two pounds of sugar (brown or white)
Juice of a couple lemons (optional)

Add yeast that can handle 10% or higher ABV.

Ferment in an open bucket with a towel over the top for 4 days.

Siphon back into the original jugs, but don't get any of the dead yeast that settles on the bottom of the bucket.

After that how long you want to wait is up to you. It will ferment more and then mellow out as it ages.

It's the most less stressed yeast if you distill it. If you drink it straight you're going to suffer. Do you guys know anything about how yeast reacts to osmotic pressure and yeast attenuation in the final brew? You create an environment that the yeast eats all the sugar and creates a maximum amount of ethanol. That needs to take into account the cell tension of bacteria. Bakers Yeast can ferment to 14% if you water it down. Turbo shit can go to 18% if you want to taste a bunch of yeast shitting itself.

Are any of you organic chemists?

I am, and all those recipes are legit and safe.

I'm talking about fermenting to dry. Can you do that fast, safe and cheap?

Dry is no sugar left, and SG of .990 is preferable.

Google it up, those things weren't on both my highschool organic chemistry course. I can only handle complex H2O + NaCl reactions.

Also it's worth nothing I am an expert since I flunked the course once and had the chance to do it again to master the complex organic reactions.

made some in a 2L about an hour ago.
i used 8g of baking yeast, a little under 2L of water and about 2 cups of sugar. added about a tablespoon of lemon juice aswell cuz why the fuck not.

i made an 'airlock' out of frog tape and a partially unscrewed cap, then squeezed it untill most of the air was out. if i balance it right, air doesnt rush back in. wrapped it in crappy towels and keeping it under the sink.

it's starting to bubble though, i'm guessing that co2 is being released, or it's about to explode or something. should i make any effort of removing it now or should i just keep it in there?

Wtf use bakers yeast when Lavlin EC1118 will consume virtually as much sugar as you can put in up to about 18% alcohol? It costs a whopping $2.00 per 5 gm packet, enough to handle 5 gallons.

OP heed my warnings, please

you ever watched trailer park boys? what you're describing is on there as "swish", and it looks exactly like it's portrayed. it WILL get you sloppy but it's like drinking old bread in liquid form. oh and it's worse on your stomach than cheap beer. you really want to add fruit juice, you still add sugar because fruit juice alone doesn't have much in it, and it takes a lot longer to make higher proof wine without adding a bit. grape juice is fast but my advice is to play around with tastes, i don't remember what combos i used but i think white grape and cranberry were good together. just make sure you filter the final product. but seriously i would NEVER serve any human being sugar water wine, i didn't even drink it myself.

source: homebrewer

That image is complete fucking swill.
The NFPA 704 ratings for water are ZERO ZERO AND ZERO.

Please don't post shit like this you are making fun of serious chemcal dangers and backing up tons of work people do on this board to inform others of dangers in their food.
The NFPA is not a fucking game, posting this image makes people think that water is more dangerous than shit like riboflavin.

Damn, you're right. Thanks for the tip user. Probably gonna make some hooch with that soon.

Question, could I use honey in place of white sugar, for the flavor?

Always use 2-3 sources of sugar, so use both.

Okay, so far my plan is:

>Cheap grape juice
>Smoshed up blackberries
>A couple mint sprigs
>Honey
>White sugar
>Yeast
>Ferment in the juice bottle with balloon/condom method
Should I boil the berries and mint for a little to sterilize them or would they be fine with just a wash in warm water?

thanks for the warning, i'll try to be safe and filter it. also, do you know anything about fractional freezing and if it could apply to what i'm trying to make here?

BOI!

Is dat sum jenkem?!

vimeo.com/74005653

venting the cap is great if you have tons of headspace.. which you shouldn't... or if your brew has very low sugar content... spend 3$ on an airlock or leave the cap ajar. not hard

go lazy user, buy some apple cider, add some brewers yeast and wait. when it's ready filter it

If I'm using lavlin EC-1118 in 2L bottles of apple juice with sugar or dextrose added, is there any benefit to using a yeast nutrient or is it a waste of time? I'm trying to get the brew above 10% abv

Just buy something desu
If you've got a year to make some good shit, you can make Mead really cheap

water is an oxidizer though

If you want cheap, fast and good tasting you should just do some distilling.
Get a 5 gallon plastic water jug for mash, these are free if you look around.
3.5 kg of Sugar to 105 g yeast. Use distillers active dry (DADY) yeast. You can get it at any homebrew store. The yeast should cost under $10 and you will have way way too much, the sugar should cost under $6. Some yeast nutrient helps, however this costs ~$2. Throw some nutrient, yeast and sugar into 5 gal jug with 104 degree water, shake and let it sit WITHOUT a lid @ 80 degree temp. 48 hours later the mash should be ready with 10-18% alcohol by volume.
Stills are not legal, even for personal consumption, in some places so check your local regulations. Regardless, never sell this stuff.
Get a glass jug with a metal lid, a window fan, 20 ft copper refrigerant tubing and a steel pot.
Glass jug goes in steel pot (steel pot distributes heat over your not lab grade glass keeping it from cracking due to uneven heating, pot goes on stove, coil copper and run it from jug lid in front of window fan into a collector.
Mash goes into jug, turn on heat (use digital thermometer to keep temp around 173 F @ sea level).
Congrats, you made rum and are now a PIRATE.
It starts clear but you can make a tincture it with wood, fruit, tobacco or anything with tasty alcohol soluble components.
YARGH.
You can get all the stuff you need for this for free or from thrift for pennies except for yeast + sugar and nutrient.
Expect to be able to make 2.5 L of quality 60% by volume for a unit cost of $3 per liter (minus time spent) but your on Veeky Forums you filthy neet so that isn't a problem.

You won't need yeast nutrient to get EC-1118 to 10% abv, it'll ferment that out bone dry without even trying. But if you're concerned with minimizing off-flavors then the nutrient may help keep the ferment "healthy". Not a big deal though.

>Smoshed up blackberries
gonna be a mess, skip it.

Thanks senpai. By the time the yeasties are finished there isn't much Apple flavour left so I night buy a small packet of nutrient and see if it helps.

Just taste tested this and its great. A little yeasty but I plan to let it sit until the yeast settles and siphon the rest into another bottle. I have very high hopes for the finished product.

I figured since I'm going to filter it anyway it wouldn't matter much. I like the idea of a blackberry and mint wine, but they don't exactly sell cheap bottles of blackberry juice. Maybe I could just juice them and add that?

I added extra raisins and cinnamon and I'm glad I did. I dont really care for pineapple and this brew (so far) doesn't really taste like pineapple. I'm very happy and drunk.

How's the day after?

if only, you wouldn't be so inhibited any more
and write shitposts on Veeky Forums

Not him but I find the home brewed cider I make doesn't give me a nasty hangover at all like commercial products that contain preservatives, even when I drink 4L of 9% abv and I'm trashed off my nut