ITT: Post a quick 2-5 sentence long story with an ambitious end and rate others

ITT: Post a quick 2-5 sentence long story with an ambitious end and rate others

*ambiguous

There was something human like in the filmic mirage of that parkway image. Something embryonic or larval in those large sculptures of semi-truck slinking across the freeway floor. There must have been eighteen or twenty-five of them, all in a row. I was coming back from the “Distributor’s” motel room when I saw it.

Walking along the path scattered with dried orange leaves, I suddenly realize I'm starving. The sun is setting on my left and a bank of trees expands forward on my right, pulling my path inwards, out of sight. A brisk wind blows and a wave of bright fresh green and yellow blows across in front of me and I drop my cigarette. I adjust myself, inhale and sigh, for this is the day in which all of my bad behavior has finally caught up.

They walked some ways up broken path until at last they spotted the massive complex they were searching for.

“Do we go forward?” one asked the others.

“Regrettably, yes” a voice replied.

And so they crept on, leaving the shadows they knew for the ones they didn't.

A bit purply, hard to focus on the plot

I made billions, I became president, and just like you promised: I'll build another great wall; greater than the one in books. But what then? My life is drawing to a close; I can feel each breathe bringing me nearer to the completion of our contract. Perhaps it's for the best if this is all there is to life, I've done it all thanks to you, but I can't say I'm genuinely happy.

The manwoman crooked the rainbow bow and Irish songs reverberated in her heart. The games would not end until an Irishman is shot in the clover. Everyone was wearing a clover pin that day, dressed in green, though to aim.
The manwoman shot, the arrow rainbow'd the audience heading straight to the Irishman.

i like this

Hardmode: No Hemingway memes, James Joyce rip-offs or sex jokes. This gonna be hard as fuck.

Could see this in a JJ Abraham's graphic novel adaptation

as expected, nice sentencing. shadows

Of them he knew four things:
That they were everywhere.
That they were always.
That they were in him.
That after knowing that they were by him.

There were just one enemy left, two if you counted God.

I lay in a pile of filth and refuse. Birthed by my own laziness, I feed its desires and it grows larger and larger. It comforts me, it encompasses me like an eternal blanket. it needs me, and I need it . It's warmth numbs my body, and I let go

Helped by a slanted wind, he browsed the tops of garbage bins with his fingertips. Above the hollow of the courtyard one of the few windows left shut with a staggered slam. I was following him through squinted eyes. His limbs tightened and clenched as he saw me, yet he almost succeed not to give a start. He looked through me with glassy bulbs as something pulsed back to life within him. Another part of him had shut down. He didn't wait for me to turn my back before he bit down into my scruff.

The boy walked home, an unmistakable skip in his step for anyone who cared to look. Filled with thoughts of the girl, sky-blue dress trimmed with orange stars still fresh in his mind. A flower, an acceptance, and a blushing smile — a permanent addition to his growing collection of happy memories that he knew was to come. The smell of her hair, apricot and a hint of coconut, pushing back any other thoughts — like the sound of a truck turning a blind corner. A hot flash and his face shattering on the pavement, the only kiss he would ever experience.

high-school tier

did he died?

She came to think it obvious that nature was the only thing that would give her any truth. So she left her husband, her children, her career, her home, and she bought a house in the woods. She danced in the meadows, she walked among the trees, and gaily did she do everything else that came to her mind. She watched her fire crackle late into the night, listening to the ululations of coyotes, and knew well her death would come if she took part in that side of nature. The seasons came and went, and she grew melancholy, and she came to grasp the greatest truth nature had to offer.

The transmissions flew over the tree tops, electrified by that fading moonlight. Lighting cigarettes as they whizzed past bus stops and taxi wait lines. Eventually making into that New City of Splendor. Only to be locked out of where they were supposed to go, forced to end up begging for glimmers of sunshine.

The first raindrop hit him in the forehead, cooling his head. The second entered his open wound, cooling his guts. The rest didn't matter.

As the full moon lit the desert sand around me, I stood facing the mouth of the cave, holding the Necronomicon against my chest as I waited for the creature to emerge. I had recited the chants; made the proper sacrifices; observed the alignment of the moon and stars. It was only a matter of time until I was given my proper place in the heavens. Then, the tentacles emerged from the cave. I spread my arms, clutching the Necronomicon in my right hand, waiting to receive the loving embrace of the eldritch.

now that's what I call edgy, good
nice character motive reveal
good imagery
nice subtle omission

Care drenched away from the man on the boat. The water moved and rumbled, the sea undulating.
A whip shot out, and the man pulled.
"Big catch today, hey...what are those?"

Her safety sank as she gazed in the mirror. Cold love smudged with the morning ritual. She saw herself, clean shaven, in a suit, and a black grin. He was ready again.

Good

Mm liked the ending. Beginning descriptions are lacking a bit

It was a dark and stormy night, but Janice didn't liked this intro, instead she used something like "a bright and gentle morning". It was a bright and gentle morning, but it'll soon be dark, stormy, and night.

i liked this, congrats

I got kicked out of high school

for being too cool :^)

Did he shit himself?

test

The cold breeze, it's sharpness numbs my face. My arms and legs flailing as i plummet. I can still hear her screams as i fall into eternity alone. If only she could have warned me of my own insanity, i wouldn't be falling off a bridge alone...
I told her to wait so we could bungee jump together but her excitement took over.

Sounds like a Mary Gaitskill story without any substance

Good idea but you flunked the ending.

The man cried as two guards held him down, their hands firmly on his shoulders.
"Take him away, his fate is hell," said the deacon.

He ran on a lark.
He won on a fury.
He ruled on

The tiles were cold, I could feel them through my soles. This was the point of least resistance in the structure of my preservation. This is where it held its breath every night I've been alive. The jaws that opened when I came to be are about close.

lel I thought it said
>2.5 sentence-long story

Still kind of works as it is, tbqh.

Not only that but now I see that I wrongly thought it said
>ambiguous end
How am I even able to type anything at all

Oh, you can type all right, you just can't read worth a shit.

>assuming i didn't do it on purpose

"Ah.. we're here" I sigh in slight relief as we touch land. The red sky behind us slowly gazing at darkness to come. I turn to Stifrank on the floor with a dart in his neck! The eyes lurk and stare at me from the distance; awaiting the darkness foreseen, I cry alone.

worst use of an exclamation mark in recent memory