Is it sad or awkward to eat alone?

Is it sad or awkward to eat alone?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iIWkWULUh7o
youtube.com/watch?v=FjPoo1avUUo
youtube.com/watch?v=A7t8lcI8iA0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

For me it's relaxing and liberating.

Dunno but I'm autistic and I hate eating even near people.

It depends. It's nice to go out with friends for a dinner or just for a breakfast after a night of drinking. But sometimes you just want to be left alone. It's nice to just eat and not feel the need to talk to anyone.

Hmm me too and I hate eating food more than being near human beings.
Nothing gets cooked until I am in extreme pain and distress.

For most people, yes it is.

But you aren't a nu-male that cares about others' opinions that much, are you?

since i have no friends, my strategy is to not look up and stare at my phone til food comes. then while eating I will put earphones in and browse the chon. works 99% of time

Depends on the meal and how long it takes.

Depends on when and where you eat.

Well, it sure is sad and awkward to ask the same bullshit over and over again.

Yes, but I am a sad and awkward man so it all works out.

Depends where, really. Usually it isn't though, as long as you're not crying or something while eating.

Same as any other social or public situation.

Project that you know what you're doing and are totally confident in that, and people will not only let you be, but potentially envy your situation.

It's pretty enjoyable if I must say so. Get to relax and eat your food with no forced conversations. Can take as long as you want to eat it and sit in and enjoy the atmosphere.

I'm doing it right now. Just don't be sperg or depressed?

Nah

I used to go out to eat by myself sometimes. I would also go see movies and shit by myself. That was even when I had friends.

why would it?do you need to shit with another person too?

I frequently eat alone and enjoy it very much. I usually go to the same 5-7 places and the staff has learned that I'll be an easy customer and tip well.

I like to listen to audio books and podcasts on my phone while dining alone and if I'm at a bar I'll play with the jukebox and video games.

Lunch - no. Dinner - yes.

it's alpha

I always assume these people can't cook for shit and don't want to get Diabetes from eating fastfood every day.

yep

of course it's all personal preference. some people are going to dislike doing stuff by themselves; that's fine.

when i go out with others i like to make sure that everyone is feeling good, engaged, included. when i go out by myself it's very refreshing. i get to sit and be quiet and not give a fuck about anybody but me, i get to enjoy a drink and a good meal, i can people-watch or look at my phone or whatever.

i also have an hour and a half commute to school so if i have to stay late and i've had a long day, i want to sit somewhere and get waited on and unwind before i drive home. really relaxing.

Depends how attractive you are

No, what's sadder is that you feel self conscious about it

If you're an awkward beta, you'll look awkward eating alone. If you don't care much what some shallow stranger thinks of you, you'll look and feel fine.

Not at all. Sometimes it's nice to have a meal all to yourself. Just some quiet time to eat, enjoy the flavor, and think. I can enjoy it just as much as a meal with company sometimes.

Usually I don't mind eating alone, but in the evening I made a habit of having dinner with my room mate. I like that.

it's the most woke way to eat

/THREAD

this is a sad truth also

>Lunch - no. Dinner - yes.

This. Imagine being at a nice restaurant at a table for two all by yourself. I think I'd just cry.

For lunch, however, it's pretty normal.

Dude you're a straight up pussy if you can't eat alone in public. Stop giving a fuck.

less awkward if you sit at the bar

>tfw I'm going to spend the good part of April traveling alone in Japan
Gonna get that comfy Lost in Translation experience.

fun times.
When I was in college and living with a friend from high school I wanted to eat alone. by the time that year was over, he was no longer my friend. Still living with him, I decided I wanted to go to a chinese buffet cause it had been a few months since I had gone to one. I google "buffet by yourself" and it came up on a list titled "10 most depressing things to see/do". I ended up just geting some chinese takeout. But now I care less and have just accpeted my life alone most of the time.

>Dude you're a straight up pussy if you can't eat alone in public

Millenial children are so fucking insecure that they can't even sit down to have a meal without getting paranoid and neurotic.

No wonder weak minded millenial snowflakes fucking fall apart in the face of any actual challenge or adversity.

What's the worst that will happen? Someone look at you funny and whisper to their companion? Kel, who would care?

You think a group of people is going to form around your table holding hands and laugh and chant, "Look, look! Look, look he's alone! Look, look, he doesn't have friends! Look, look, what a sorry excuse for a human! Look, look!

it's only sad and awkward if you're a sad awkward person, otherwise it's fine

>Millenial children are so fucking insecure that they can't even sit down to have a meal without getting paranoid and neurotic.

baby needs to be fed when eating. eating by yourself is literally, too stressful.

:`(

>millennials

I can't wait until we have a real war in the next couple of years and these worthless, fastfood loving, MRE touting menchildren get drafted and learn what it's like in the real world. The most worthless generation to have ever been spawned between a piss and shithole.

t. Baby boomer vet.

>No wonder weak minded millenial snowflakes fucking fall apart in the face of any actual challenge or adversity.

Eating alone is stressful.
Going to the movies is stressful.
Everything in life is stressful.

No wonder Millennials are so obsessed with finding a "safe space" hug box to hide in.

looking at movie scenes where some character is eating at the bar makes it appealing.

But i get carried away with the drinks. i could really go for some sushi at the bar. i get nervous around people man.

youtube.com/watch?v=iIWkWULUh7o

youtube.com/watch?v=FjPoo1avUUo
youtube.com/watch?v=A7t8lcI8iA0

omg why arent you more social!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! someone call 911!!

Eat at the bar, not a table by yourself.

I f****** love it
it's really quite liberating
Without compromises!

You need to be an alpha. take charge and don't give a s*** what anybody thinks.

you come and go when you want
you eat when you want
you talk to who you want OR no one
and dear God the peace, you can eat in bloody peace

If you feel like Chinese do Chinese.
if you feel like Japanese do Japanese
If you feel like an Irish Pub drink your ass off in an Irish Pub.

No negotiating for half an hour on where to go and ending up with awith a place you don't want to even be at.

Have confidence. Be Liberated!

is that you?

>hey karen did you hear? there's some idiot who came to our restaurant all by himself!
>what? all alone like a retard?! I bet he's a virgin!
>that's an easy bet to make! let's spit in his food!

Not at all. Just don't look like a faggot while you do. Just eat your food. Don't start looking around like a butthurt faggot like in your .gif

No. Anyone who HAS to be social when going out to do ANYTHING has dependency issues.

lmao

that's pretty much my corner gastropub, 1/3 of the yelp reviews are about being scowled at for being a single diner. almost all of them are filtered though because the owner pays for "accurate" reviews.

I eat and drink heavily at the restaurant bar. Im a god damn animal

>1/3 of the yelp reviews are about being scowled at for being a single diner.
Okay. I'll bite. Post some pls. I've never seen that.

It depends on the quality of the food. If I'm just eating by myself it's usually a lunch I packed or at a cheap place where people just eat and gtfo. On the other hand, I think it would be weird to go to a nice sit -down restaurant without anyone to enjoy it with.

Dinner on a friday/saturday night at an extremely popular place where you demand a table instead of sitting at the bar (if they have one) is strange

Literally at every other time nobody cares or even notices, and if you eat alone at the bar at a popular place you're more likely to meet someone since you're obviously there for the food and people will ask you about what other interesting places you've been.

Depends? Most cases yeah. If you're in a cafe or some fast food place, on lunch, some quick shit like that sure.

I work in an open kitchen, and it's a bit sad to see people who are eating alone. Very often it's a guy eating alone, always ask some FOH drone if it was suppose to be a 2 top, almost always was. I tend to send the dudes nicer shit, the nicer looking steak, a little more than standard portion, etc, they'd never know it was intentional but a little extra/nicer grub may ease that embarrassment.

Depends on the time of day, someone eating dinner alone is much worse than someone eating work lunch alone. Also if people think I give a fuck what they think while I'm eating they are clearly mistaken.

2 top
No idea what this means.

This

Maybe next time just tell OP what he wants to hear for once, that its sad and pathetic and your gf always makes fun of people eating alone when you're out together and he should finally be satisfied and fuck back to r9k for good with this shit.

>works 99% of time
what do you mean?
how could it not work even if you didn't do those things?
what has happened in the other 1% of times where your routine hasn't "worked"
I eat alone all the time and its the same every time. I look at menu, I order food, i eat food, I pay, I leave.

No.

it was a table for 2

It makes me sad that you think that, but happy that you are more generous to them. I often eat alone to try new restaurants because the people I know don't like trying new places. One of the favourite things to do is buy one of those treasures coupon books and try out restaurants from there that i've never heard of before. Don't feel bad, I enjoy eating alone. I didn't think other people thought it was all that weird though.

The saddest thing I've probably done though was eat alone on thanksgiving at Swiss Chalet. I had to work that day and ended up working late so I couldn't go to my family dinner and I wanted some turkey and the only place open was swiss chalet so I went and sat alone. the place was mostly empty except for a few families. the hostess seemed surprised when I told her table for one.