Why don't mirrors reflect things upside-down as well as backwards

Why don't mirrors reflect things upside-down as well as backwards...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vBpxhfBlVLU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Go away Feynman.

I keked.

Even engineers aren't that retarded.

Because your eyes are oriented on a horizontal plane instead of vertically. If your eyes were oriented on a vertical plane you would see things reflected upside-down.

fucking

what if you are blind in one eye
checkmate fuckhead

:thongkang:

Is that you Jayden Smith?

Mirrors don't reflect anything along any axis.

If you hold up a word in front of a mirror it appears backwards in the mirror because from your point of view it is backwards on the paper.

>Because your eyes are oriented on a horizontal plane instead of vertically. If your eyes were oriented on a vertical plane you would see things reflected upside-down.
Not sure this is true, but it's damn good till something better comes along.

Your left hand doesn't suddenly appear on the right, you think it is your right hand in the mirror, because it would be if you placed yourself into your reflection's body, by mentally doing this you are rotating yourself mentally across a vertical axis, creating an illusion of it reversing your image horizontally
hope this helped

A mirror mirrors depth, not an axis.

Close your eye and trace the rays in your head dumbass.

Consider an eye looking at a mirror backwards along a path normal to the mirror. light goes back and forth between your eye.

if you turn your eye left, you're catching light from everything left of that ray. if you turn your eye up, your catching light from everything above that ray.

there is no "backwards"

It can't be me because my eyes aren't real so I can't read this

Why don't the reflect things backwards, so when you look in the mirror you se the back of your head?

I mean, if you think it should rotate what you see on two axes why not all three?

You don't have to be rude to the half-brainlets

This is the real answer. The illusion of mirrors "spinning you" on a vertical axis is caused by the bilateral symmetry of your body and the urge to imagine yourself inside your reflection.

Was not my intent to be rude, my apologies,abut level 3, if it came across that way.

The plane of symmetry is between you and the mirror.

>ruining the brainlet's fun

They do

youtube.com/watch?v=vBpxhfBlVLU